Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : An option for 'Wait for event'. (Has occured / next occurance)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
OneMoreNameless
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 131
IP: Logged
icon An option for 'Wait for event'. (0)  
Simple enough suggestion. Right now 'wait for event' (I think?) only triggers the first time the relevant event occurs, which kind of reduces a lot of their potential. What I'd suggest is adding another option to side, between 'has occurred' (eg. any trapdoor has been dropped) and 'next occurrence' (eg. wait for another trapdoor to drop).

Unrelated note, and knowing this has been suggested before, required target should not imply vulnerability. It's not strictly true and kind of nixes my plan for custom enemies only killable after / while X. :?
09-08-2010 at 10:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: An option for 'Wait for event'. (0)  
I'm not sure I understand your first request, but I agree with your second.

09-08-2010 at 08:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1306
icon Re: An option for 'Wait for event'. (0)  
I quite agree with the second one. Basically, the first one is to check whether the event has happened up to this point, but not wait until it happens. For instance, you could check to see whether the player has entered a certain area yet, or struck any orb.
The second one is better done by using two characters, using variables that are changed by one of them at certain points. The way that you suggested, OneMoreNameless, would have issues with having to check the entire demo, and be really slow.
09-10-2010 at 03:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : An option for 'Wait for event'. (Has occured / next occurance)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com