Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : It's the end
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
IP: Logged
icon Re: It's the end (+2)  
My posts contain subliminal messaging which I use to control Snacko who tells Banjooie what to say over some other communications channel like maybe 4chan I dunno and then Banjooie claims to not be the same person as Rabscuttle but actually is and Elfstone is Rabscuttle's close friend from somewhere (who tends to agree with him) and also the secret mastermind behind ErikH in order to gain a seat in the Erik Conspiracy who just so happen to be the puppetmasters of the Mike Conspiracy, which obviously Mrimer is a prominent member of and Schik is his sockpuppet for site management purposes meanwhile Tahnan is contractually obligated to do whatever Schik (actually Imer) says and obviously Robobob2000 is a robot created by Tahnan for a reason I myself do not know, mainly because I'm just a sentient-net-entity written by him in secret.

And that's how I'm my own multi. ;)

10-01-2009 at 08:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eb0ny
Rank Points: 484
icon Re: It's the end (+1)  

10-01-2009 at 10:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
Sillyman wrote:
My posts contain subliminal messaging which I use to control Snacko who tells Banjooie what to say over some other communications channel like maybe 4chan I dunno and then Banjooie claims to not be the same person as Rabscuttle but actually is and Elfstone is Rabscuttle's close friend from somewhere (who tends to agree with him) and also the secret mastermind behind ErikH in order to gain a seat in the Erik Conspiracy who just so happen to be the puppetmasters of the Mike Conspiracy, which obviously Mrimer is a prominent member of and Schik is his sockpuppet for site management purposes meanwhile Tahnan is contractually obligated to do whatever Schik (actually Imer) says and obviously Robobob2000 is a robot created by Tahnan for a reason I myself do not know, mainly because I'm just a sentient-net-entity written by him in secret.

And that's how I'm my own multi. ;)

That plan has the unfortunate flaw of assuming I am Snacko.

10-01-2009 at 04:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Elfstone
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1285
Sillyman wrote:
My posts contain . . .

and Elfstone is Rabscuttle's close friend from somewhere (who tends to agree with him) and also the secret mastermind behind ErikH

. . . And that's how I'm my own multi. ;)

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Excuse me while I dab my eyes and take a few deep breaths! :D

Oh if only I was half as clever as ErikH :~(

Secret mastermind indeed!
(wanders off, chuckling quietly)

10-01-2009 at 09:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
That chuckling means we're close...close to THE TRUTH!

10-01-2009 at 11:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
icon Re: It's the end (0)  
Lamkin wrote:
The pie is a lie.

The cake of soap is a Schrodinger!

10-03-2009 at 04:55 PM
Kwakstur
Rank Points: 385
Allow me to just say: I'm very surprised to find out that, at any point in time over the months I haven't been here, 12th Archivist became anything less than a positive contributor to the forum. He got off to great start, and he was eager to be a part of the community. I always felt that good things would come from him eventually, and that he would be sticking around for quite a while.

Then again, maybe I just feel this way because I'm having a hard time understanding that 12th Archivist is only a persona, and that a lot of what I saw in him might not reflect in the real person behind the computer.
Perhaps the reason he got off to such a fantastic start was because this was not his first account?

To the person behind these accounts:

Maybe it's not fair for me to give you all my praise when I'm only looking at a fraction of your contributions. But at the very least:

1. I enjoy 12th Archivist. And depending on how much of his personality is a reflection of you, that's either a compliment directly to you or to your skill at developing a good outward appearance.
2. You did a good job fooling us.
3. If you're willing to end the charades and pick one account (which it appears you have done), this is not difficult to overlook. You may find this hard to believe: While to you this is something that has been ongoing for years, to some people this is just a single incident or two. In other words, your multi-accounting will probably be remembered, but it doesn't define your time here.
4. This is a game forum. As far as I can tell, it's pretty much the only place to talk about DROD/RPG, WonderQuest, Sub Terra, and several other games. So regardless of whose trust you lost or who has become hostile, as long as the admins are letting you keep one of your accounts, you have every right to be here if you want to talk about these games.

I'm glad to see you're still posting on the forum.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 10-19-2009 11:01 PM : Rerererereverted edits to what was quoted]
10-19-2009 at 02:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Kwakstur wrote:
Allow me to just say: I'm very surprised to find out that, at any point in time over the months I haven't been here, 12th Archivist became anything less than a positive contributor to the forum. He got off to great start, and he was eager to be a part of the community. I always felt that good things would come from him eventually, and that he would be sticking around for quite a while.
It's a nice community and a good one to join.

Then again, maybe I just feel this way because I'm having a hard time understanding that 12th Archivist is only a persona, and that a lot of what I saw in him might not reflect in the real person behind the computer.
No, everything I have ever contributed to the forum did not have anything to do with having different accounts. It was only name and identity that I changed, nothing else.

Perhaps the reason he got off to such a fantastic start was because this was not his first account?
Perhaps. I learned from my previous mistakes that led me to leave the other accounts. However, timing and luck is a big issue here. One of the major good things I contributed were all those hints in the RPG Hints and Solutions Board. If I had waited more time before making this account, those opportunities would have passed me up.

To the person behind these accounts:

Maybe it's not fair for me to give you all my praise when I'm only looking at a fraction of your contributions. But at the very least:

1. I enjoy 12th Archivist. And depending on how much of his personality is a reflection of you, that's either a compliment directly to you or to your skill at developing a good outward appearance.
Like I said before, only my name and identity changed between accounts. Outward appearances are simply a spice to each account. The person behind this computer screen also has a unique spice, just like each and every one of you out there. These spices make accounts more personable.

2. You did a good job fooling us.
Not something I'm proud of. :(

3. If you're willing to end the charades and pick one account (which it appears you have done), this is not difficult to overlook. You may find this hard to believe: While to you this is something that has been ongoing for years, to some people this is just a single incident or two. In other words, your multi-accounting will probably be remembered, but it doesn't define your time here.
This is true!

4. This is a game forum. As far as I can tell, it's pretty much the only place to talk about DROD/RPG, WonderQuest, Sub Terra, and several other games. So regardless of whose trust you lost or who has become hostile, as long as the admins are letting you keep one of your accounts, you have every right to be here if you want to talk about these games.
In retrospect, you are completely right. However, at the time, it seemed like this was simply too much trouble to let go for the admins. Also, some of the people that have a lesser opinion of me now are people that I never wanted to annoy. Zex and Tahnan are subjectively cool; it wasn't right for me to degrade them somehow yet again. The worst part is most of that degradation could be found in game related subjects talking about the game. But that's a little off topic, so the posts can end here.

Nice post, Kwakstur.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
10-19-2009 at 10:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
To be completely honest, this thread saddens me.

10-22-2009 at 10:32 PM
12th Archivist
Oh for goodness sakes! Probably not the best thread to respond to, but the other one was locked and starting a new one is out of the question.

Dischorran wrote:
Dex Stewart wrote:
Dex Stewart wrote:
No need to be so dramatic and announce (for the second time) that you're packing your toys and leaving.

Up to three in record time!
It sounds as if you suspect I was not being serious. However, one will suspect something when a person announces three times they would leave and not do so. Luckily, I finally left that third time.

For eight whole days. A mere eight days. Feels like it's been two months! A lot has happened since then. Still, eight days is not a lot of time to come to a better conclusion about certain actions. Time is still relative.

You guys weren't going to take me seriously before and now that I have posted here, you certainly aren't going to take me seriously now, being hypocritical and all. Oh well. There was probably never going to be a day of sadness and realization. Who knows? Some of you might have been partying.

Bah. Too much talking about myself in a thread for myself. I can't trust your reaction to anything I do, so I can only trust that it will be logical. Following that, how about a series of apologies for the trouble here? It may be too sudden. Perhaps tomorrow?

At least one apology now. To all of you out there, listening or otherwise, I hereby officially apologize for lying to you. There was an OK reason to why, but it probably wasn't worth the confusion and chaos that it put you through. Scratch that, it definitely wasn't a good idea. Probably one of the worst ideas in existence. Such behavior will not happen again. Wait, the promise for the action's extinguishing from future existence has been etched in stone before. How about a promise of goodwill and excellency together?

Oh well. It was stupid to put off contributing to this forum farther because of a such a quirky but hopefully little event. Stupid is an understatement but for lack of a better word that fully encompasses the sheer idiocy of it, it was idiotic because there was no point, stupid is the best term for it. What can be done to make it up to you?

10-31-2009 at 05:21 AM
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
You can start by naming this OK reason of yours instead of simply making veiled references to it.

EDIT: Also, on a more sympathetic note, I'm fairly sure this will blow over eventually. You aren't the first person on this board to conduct odd social experiments.

[Last edited by Snacko at 10-31-2009 05:58 AM]
10-31-2009 at 05:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
what

yes he is

shut up
10-31-2009 at 10:20 AM
12th Archivist
Snacko wrote:
You can start by naming this OK reason of yours instead of simply making veiled references to it.
Not really. In retrospect, this reason wasn't good at all.

EDIT: Also, on a more sympathetic note, I'm fairly sure this will blow over eventually. You aren't the first person on this board to conduct odd social experiments.
Why do people seem to think I was conducting odd social experiments? Maybe not everyone has their facts straight.

Banjooie wrote:
what

yes he is

shut up
That's nice.

11-11-2009 at 02:39 PM
zwetschenwasser
I thought this thread was officially dead. :?

11-15-2009 at 03:33 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Says the man who posted in it after it was inactive four days.

11-15-2009 at 11:59 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Zex hits nuisance thread zombie for 20913 damage.

Nuisance thread zombie has regenerated itself!

Next time, aim for the head.

11-17-2009 at 12:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
I wish I could do that sort of damage.
11-22-2009 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : It's the end
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com