Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Hidden rooms by level in the official RPG hold (Major spoilers)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Hidden rooms by level in the official RPG hold (+4)  
Ok, so one thing I've seen in a *lot* of posts is people asking for the breakdown of how many hidden rooms there are per level of the RPG hold. I agree that that information should be returned to the in-game display for solved holds, but until that happens, here is a collection of the hidden rooms.

Note a few disclaimers:

A - Major spoilers. Seriously. Don't look at this until you are *certain* you want to.
B - I'm compiling this list by manually going over the hold and checking. While I have a pretty final version of the hold, I know Mike made some fixes to the released version that I don't have. I don't think any hidden room locations changed, but it's not impossible.
C - Even less impossible is that I might make an error counting at some point. If so, I apologize in advance - if you find any problems with this list, do let me know and I'll fix it.
D - This is a list of how many rooms flash "hidden room" when you enter them. Not all of them are actually that hidden.
E - Since the game doesn't tell you how many hidden rooms you found, you may find one and forget about it causing confusion later. Therefore, I'm giving the total room count per level as well. If you found less rooms than the room count, you're missing hidden rooms.

Ok, preamble over. Behind the following secret tags lies the list. They are given in the following format:

Level name - total rooms (of which hidden)

Three errors have been pointed out and corrected. I believe the current totals are correct, but let me know if you find anything else.

Part I:
Click here to view the secret text

Part II:

[Last edited by eytanz at 09-23-2008 08:52 PM]
09-18-2008 at 08:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
donbrovar
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
icon Re: Hidden rooms by level in the official RPG hold (+1)  
I think this is correct answer.

09-19-2008 at 11:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
icon Re: Hidden rooms by level in the official RPG hold (0)  
Thanks, fixed.

09-19-2008 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jemann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 160
The total number of secret rooms is only 40; I'm pretty sure it should be:

[Last edited by jemann at 09-24-2008 02:28 AM]
09-22-2008 at 05:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
That is correct - I fixed it.

09-23-2008 at 08:52 PM
Mechadragon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
I'm missing a room in rule 5, any tips?
09-28-2008 at 06:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bflatjeff
Rank Points: 93
I know I read about this before in some topic, but dashed if I can't find it again now. I figured this was as good a topic to ask as anyplace. Please redirect me or answer here.

How does the RPG game count how many hidden rooms you've found? And how can I verify that I've found them all? The Restore screen is less than helpful, as it shows how many had been found, along that particular path, to that point. Is there any "master" information on this?

Thanks,
BbJ

10-18-2008 at 07:09 AM
eytanz
bflatjeff wrote:
How does the RPG game count how many hidden rooms you've found? And how can I verify that I've found them all? The Restore screen is less than helpful, as it shows how many had been found, along that particular path, to that point. Is there any "master" information on this?

Thanks,
BbJ

Well, if you conquered the hold, then the hold selection screen will show a percentage of secrets found (overall, not in one play path). Beyond that there is no in-game way; you need to manually count the rooms you've seen on each level in the map, and see if it matches the total I gave above.

10-18-2008 at 09:18 AM
bflatjeff
Rank Points: 93
Ah. So all I've got to go on is "Tendry's Tale (85%)" and there's no breakdown by level. That definitely makes it harder.

Edit: Now I've gone back and visited all the secret rooms I had found before, especially those I didn't "keep" as part of my finished run. I made sure to exit those rooms and not just enter them and restore away. I also saved after exiting the rooms. This, plus 1 room I hadn't found before, has put me up to 100%! Now I just gotta beat that archivist, I suppose.

BbJ

[Last edited by bflatjeff at 10-18-2008 11:18 PM]
10-18-2008 at 07:27 PM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
Moved and stickied, as requested here.
05-02-2009 at 11:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
karlpopper
Rank Points: 263
Mechadragon wrote:
I'm missing a room in rule 5, any tips?

This was a bastard to find: the crumbly walls are almost
invisible to me on this level. Just keep scouring for that +6 ATK or ....

Edit: reduced hint precision at request of smitemaster

[Last edited by karlpopper at 05-03-2009 05:26 AM]
05-02-2009 at 02:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
Um, three quick points. You don't know for certain that's the room Mechadragon was missing, though I agree that one's the most likely. That post was made in September, and the chance that he's still stuck on that room is very small. And this is a sticky topic, and while it's great to have the number of secret rooms stickied, I don't think the designers would want the locations of particular secret rooms to be so easily and permanently available.

05-02-2009 at 03:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
karlpopper
Rank Points: 263
@Nuntar: points mainly taken. I reduced the precision of the hint.

I wasn't aiming to help Mechadragon, just any other frustrated soul who hit the thread by searching, like me, but I agree that the stickiness (at my suggestion BTW) makes a big difference to the visibility.

05-03-2009 at 05:29 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
A while ago I was searching for the walkthroug topic,
and I had trouble finding it, (now it's on top off the page, but...)
so since this topic is stickied,
I gonna make a link here:

Walkthrough Tendry's Tale

I find it very usefull.
It's still hard to finish the game, I really should do that last part soon ;)

12-23-2010 at 09:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Hidden rooms by level in the official RPG hold (Major spoilers)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com