Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Chat window (Is there a friendlier way?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
IP: Logged
icon Chat window (0)  
I don't think I'm the only one that ends up waiting 10 seconds or so until the chat window fades away so I can continue playing, am I? I don't want to turn it off but often I end up doing so out of frustration.

Can there be some feature when either I can CNTL-click (or something) on the chat box to either move it to another location or make it go away? Or maybe the box could be more transparent?

Thoughts?
07-31-2008 at 12:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
icon Re: Chat window (+1)  
You can press space to remove it from the screen, although that doesn't work during cutscenes. I think that the game handles it the same way it handles speech, with the character speaking it in one corner of the room.
07-31-2008 at 12:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
icon Re: Chat window (0)  
Well that's easy. Thanks. Though I still think it would a useful function to be able to determine where the window comes up and change that preference on the fly.
07-31-2008 at 01:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
I think it would be nice to have a way to remove chat during cutscenes, though.

07-31-2008 at 01:22 AM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
I definitely agree that the box should be made more transparent.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

07-31-2008 at 02:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Jatopian wrote:
I think it would be nice to have a way to remove chat during cutscenes, though.

Or a way to make the chat not interfere with cutscenes...but that's probably more doing, because cutscenes can interfere with themselves.

07-31-2008 at 04:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Chat window (+1)  
Having pressing space in a cutscene with the chat window up probably should close the window, then hitting space should escape the cutscene.
07-31-2008 at 04:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Chat window (Is there a friendlier way?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com