Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Crash upon copying
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
calamarain
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 933
IP: Logged
icon Crash upon copying (0)  
I just attempted to make a copy of my current hold in beta (Pathways of Witherwood), and DROD crashed. It does this every time I try it, pressing the copy button with the following error... (the three times I tried it)

*** FIRST LOG IN SESSION 4/12/08 5:05PM ***
Assertion error in line 2421 of .\DbHolds.cpp: "localID != info.RoomIDMap.end()"
Assertion error in line 2421 of .\DbHolds.cpp: "localID != info.RoomIDMap.end()"
*** FIRST LOG IN SESSION 4/12/08 5:06PM ***

Not sure if it's useful, but the hold has sound recordings, custom graphics, custom sprited-creatures, but no custom video. The hold exports fine, but it doesn't like copying it.

[Last edited by calamarain at 04-12-2008 05:08 PM]
04-12-2008 at 05:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Crash upon copying (0)  
calamarain wrote:
I just attempted to make a copy of my current hold in beta (Pathways of Witherwood), and DROD crashed. It does this every time I try it, pressing the copy button with the following error... (the three times I tried it)

Not sure if it's useful, but the hold has sound recordings, custom graphics, custom sprited-creatures, but no custom video. The hold exports fine, but it doesn't like copying it.
Would you email me your zipped hold.dat, player.dat, text.dat, and savedgames.dat files? I think I'll be able to reproduce the bug without the data.dat file.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-12-2008 at 10:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Would you email me your zipped hold.dat, player.dat, text.dat, and savedgames.dat files? I think I'll be able to reproduce the bug without the data.dat file.
Done.

04-13-2008 at 01:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
calamarain wrote:

Using your .dat files, I've tried copying Pathways of Witherwood in my local installation and do get some assertion errors, but don't have any actual problems making the hold copy. So whatever the bug was seems fixed at this point in time. I'll be posting a new 3.2 RC soon. If you don't have it yet, you may try installing it and see if this fixes the issue on your end. For now, I'll mark this issue fixed.

What build are you using to try copying, btw?

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-01-2008 04:41 PM]
05-01-2008 at 04:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
mrimer wrote:
calamarain wrote:

Using your .dat files, I've tried copying Pathways of Witherwood in my local installation and do get some assertion errors, but don't have any actual problems making the hold copy. So whatever the bug was seems fixed at this point in time. I'll be posting a new 3.2 RC soon. If you don't have it yet, you may try installing it and see if this fixes the issue on your end. For now, I'll mark this issue fixed.

3.1.54, as it's the latest official build. I'm hesitant to upgrade to 3.2 until it becomes official, which is a slight problem :S

05-01-2008 at 11:50 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
calamarain wrote:
3.1.54, as it's the latest official build. I'm hesitant to upgrade to 3.2 until it becomes official, which is a slight problem :S
Just make a backup of your DROD program directory, upgrade, test what was crashing before, then delete your DROD directory and rename your backup to the original name.

That way you'll stay at 3.1.54 and can still test if Mike managed to fix your crash.

np: Van Basten - The Solution (45Tribute)

05-01-2008 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
calamarain wrote:
Aw, man, well then of course it would crash! BOO! -1!

05-01-2008 at 11:57 PM
calamarain
mrimer wrote:
calamarain wrote:
I'll upgrade to 3.2 in a few days then :) As for the -1... since no-one else had reported this bug at all, I thought it was still reasonable to report. Sorry if I've caused unncessary work :(

[Last edited by calamarain at 05-02-2008 12:01 AM]
05-02-2008 at 12:00 AM
mrimer
calamarain wrote:
mrimer wrote:
calamarain wrote:
I'll upgrade to 3.2 in a few days then :) As for the -1... since no-one else had reported this bug at all, I thought it was still reasonable to report. Sorry if I've caused unncessary work :(
Nah, don't sweat it. I'm just having a little fun. :)

I think CSR (iirc) reported this a while back, which is probably how it got fixed. You're probably right that this wasn't publicized though.

05-02-2008 at 12:24 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Crash upon copying
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com