Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Sixth Level : 1 South, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Sixth Level : 1 South, 1 East (0)  
Lolcatz wrote:
Arggh, I can't beat the level 6 secret room. somone halp plz??

[Last edited by Jatopian at 02-21-2008 04:10 AM]
02-21-2008 at 04:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Sixth Level : 1 South, 1 East (+3)  
I could have sworn there was a thread for this room before, but I'm tired of trying to find it...

Anyway, this room can be managed if you deal with one quadrant of roaches at a time. Specifically,
Click here to view the secret text

Also, there's a timer in this room.

02-21-2008 at 04:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
KainXVIII
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Sixth Level : 1 South, 1 East (0)  
How to find this secret room??? :?
02-27-2019 at 09:14 PM
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Sixth Level : 1 South, 1 East (+1)  
KainXVIII wrote:

First, we should confirm that you have the 2.0 hold. Does Beethro ever make a comment while you're solving a room? If not, you're playing a version where this room doesn't exist.

02-27-2019 at 10:56 PM
KainXVIII
Rank Points: 23
averagemoe wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

First, we should confirm that you have the 2.0 hold. Does Beethro ever make a comment while you're solving a room? If not, you're playing a version where this room doesn't exist.
Sorry, already found it (and solve)
02-27-2019 at 11:10 PM
Erenpal
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12

File: KDD20 Sixth Level 1E.demo (6.1 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
License: Public Domain
I am playing with steam version of the game and the game says that location is King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 but there is no secret room but at restore game says there is 1 and Beethro doesnt says anything while clearing the room.

[Last edited by Erenpal at 03-08-2020 02:46 PM]
03-08-2020 at 02:41 PM
Kalin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 185
You're using a version > 2.0 (because I can't play your demo).

Are you having trouble finding this room? If so, you're looking in the wrong place.

03-08-2020 at 04:22 PM
Erenpal
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
Thx found it :/ I thought that game was broken cause Beethro didint said anything while conquering room. It says some stuff while solving but not in this room 1S 1E .

[Last edited by Erenpal at 03-08-2020 07:59 PM]
03-08-2020 at 07:56 PM
mariapm
Rank Points: 19

File: need for an update.PNG (100.6 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
I´m not quite sure if this is the right place to post this request, but... as i´m trying to download a demo of KDD 2.0 Level 6-1 East
...:unsure
If I did things correctly there should be a picture attached with the answer of DROD to my attempts of downloadin)...and so...here goes my question : where can I find the latest version of DROD (mine is the 2.0 version) that should allow me to download this (and several other ones) demo? I´ve already finished,... again, the 25 levels of this game after having completed it ages ago , but there are yet some secret rooms for me to solve. And you must agree that there are times when one needs something slightly more powerful than a hint :D :blush

[Last edited by mariapm at 01-02-2022 05:09 PM : corrections and changes ]
01-01-2022 at 07:44 PM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
You can obtain the latest version on the games page here.

My stuff:

01-01-2022 at 11:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mariapm
Well...this is embarrasing....but...that link takes me where I bought the version of KDD2.0 I´m using, and I can´t find any reference there to a "later" version as I understand is needed to download the demo (as shown in the picture attached in my previous post). Can you be more specific?
Also, which is the right place to post any doubts that I may have (not game/level/room concerned)

Sorry...I´m sooooo :frusty :offtopic
01-02-2022 at 05:47 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
Higher version numbers are specifically tied to later games in the series. 3.0 and above means The City Beneath, 4.0 and above means Gunthro, 5.0 and above means The Second Sky (though the Steam version of Gunthro is also 5.0).

However, if you're not up for spending money on the later games, you can download the demo versions of those games for free and use them with most of their functionality: all you're missing out on are the full versions of the games, and a few specific room styles. You can still play all user-made holds in them.

If you want to play official holds in a later version, you need to download them off CaravelNet. You can do this if they're linked to your account here, even playing in a demo version, but you need a CaravelNet subscription.

I hope that clarified things.
01-02-2022 at 06:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kalin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 185

File: KDD20 Sixth Level 1S1E Victory.demo (2.1 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
No, the demo versions won't work. You need KDD hold data inside the 5.x engine, and that requires owning the Steam version(s).

(There was talk of converting all the non-Steam games to 5.x, but that hasn't happened yet.)

Anyway, here's a demo for this room made in 2.0

01-02-2022 at 07:23 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
You do not need the Steam versions. If you have TSS, a CNet subscription, and are recognized by CNet as owning KDD, you can download the 5.0 version.

That said, I guess I don't technically know if that works in the TSS demo, since I haven't done it that way?

What doesn't exist are 5.0 standalone versions of the older games, aside from the Steam version of Gunthro.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 01-02-2022 07:56 PM]
01-02-2022 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mariapm
Anyway, here's a demo for this room made in 2.0
Thanks a lot !!
You do not need the Steam versions. If you have TSS, a CNet subscription, and are recognized by CNet as owning KDD, you can download the 5.0 version.

Well, for some reason something is not working for me because I have both:TSS (bought several years ago) and a CNet subscription) which, btw..is not connecting my game since today when I loaded it (even though I have the corresponding option checked in the settings screen) and I don¨t know how to fix this (perhaps CNet doesn´t recognize me as owning a subscription AND both KDD2.2 / The TSS) :?
You are all very kind to answer this general questions in spite of being a thread for a specif room
01-02-2022 at 08:41 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
mariapm wrote: Well, for some reason something is not working for me because I have both:TSS (bought several years ago) and a CNet subscription) which, btw..is not connecting my game since today when I loaded it (even though I have the corresponding option checked in the settings screen) and I don¨t know how to fix this (perhaps CNet doesn´t recognize me as owning a subscription AND both KDD2.2 / The TSS) :?

Have you entered a CaravelNet key (password) in the box on the settings screen? If not, click "Request new key" under the box and it will be sent to your e-mail. If you have already done this, you could try requesting a new one and see if that helps.

01-03-2022 at 04:36 AM
mariapm
Nuntar wrote:
Have you entered a CaravelNet key (password) in the box on the settings screen? If not, click "Request new key" under the box and it will be sent to your e-mail. If you have already done this, you could try requesting a new one and see if that helps.

Thank you for your ideas, but I´ve already done both and didn´t help. Last thing I did was contacting the support team (last resource !) and I´m waiting for their reply. I hope this might work, if not...
:wavecry: :ranting :bomb
01-03-2022 at 03:03 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Sixth Level : 1 South, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com