Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Who killed the person who we're trying to find to find who killed the person? (A weird new-agey abstract all-board participation mystery thingie.)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
IP: Logged
icon Who killed the person who we're trying to find to find who killed the person? (0)  
Someone has killed someone.

Someone was killed who we were trying to find so we can find who killed the person.

Who is someone?

How many someone's are there?

Am I someone?

Are you someone?

Many, many suspects were seen posting on the board, each and every single one someone.

There are many someones on the board, these are their stories.

Again, I ask, who is someone? In addition I ask why is someone someone? And finally, what someone killed someone and what someone was killed so we could find what someone knew what someone killed some someone?

Each someone is someone, don't be afraid to be someone, find the structure of the game so your someone can really be someone. Someone on this board did it, and this bunch of someones are going to find out who.

I got the idea for this topic after re-reading Douglas Adam's .Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, a book with the overarching theme that you can not rule out the impossible and that if the impossible happens it clearly means that isn't impossible and the rules have changed. I noticed with this flawed logic anything can be true and decided to base a topic on this absurdism.

The core of this game is twisting words and persuing them as clues in a murder case that there is virtually no information about. This is what we now know:
Someone Else might not be interested.
Anybody Else would probably think "it"'s silly.
Somebody Else might not like "it".
Nobody Else would like "it".
Somebody Else lost the game.
QueBarbara can not speak for Someone Else.
QueBarbara doesn't think that Anybody Else cares.
If Tahnan had any mod points left he'd mod me down.
Anson thinks I should read the rules of Conduct.
Someone Else is not particularly interested in anything.
Someone Else thinks Anything Else is okay.
I (Snacko) highly reccomend "it".
Niroz was killed by someone, he is still allowed to help us as a ghost.
Bobpie thinks that "it" was Someone Else in the study with the lead pipe.
"It" has been found somewhere near a sticky place.
Bobpie changed his mind and now thinks "it" was the lead pipe bludgeoning only.
The Other Guy is trying to frame This Guy.

Begin the investigation.

[Last edited by Snacko at 12-06-2007 06:20 PM]
11-14-2007 at 06:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Who killed the person who we're trying to find to find who killed the person? (0)  
I'm not interested, but Someone Else might be.

11-14-2007 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
icon Re: Who killed the person who we're trying to find to find who killed the person? (0)  
stigant wrote:
I'm not interested, but Someone Else might be.
Someone Else might not be interested. Anybody Else would probably think it's silly. Somebody Else might not like it, but Nobody Else would.

11-14-2007 at 06:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
We now have our first clue, the logical first step would be to find who Someone Else is (I'll walk you through the first part like this, it's relatively open ended but definitely has more structure than old Stabby).

We now know that Someone Else has an undetermined interest, so it can either be someone completely unrelated or someone undecided.

Anybody Else on the other hand seems to not have a favorable view of it, whatever it is.

Nobody Else does not exist but still seems to have a favorable view of it ("it" is still undetermined) so "it" is obviously not something completely concrete to capture the imagination of the nonexistant demographic.

[Last edited by Snacko at 11-14-2007 08:45 PM]
11-14-2007 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Here you go

11-14-2007 at 06:12 PM
Snacko
We now have a possible Someone Else, the term "someone else" on it's very principal however is unconclusive and a simple name is not enough, it can still be anyone.

It on the other hand seems to have a few more limits, it probably doesn't exist tangibly but is, for some reason, tied to the someone who killed someone or otherwise knows the someone that may know who killed the someone who knows what someone killed what someone. It also, for some reason, would seem to have a reason to be disliked by Anybody Else.

We need more leads.

Next lead: Someone Else Lost the Game.

[Last edited by Snacko at 11-14-2007 06:19 PM]
11-14-2007 at 06:14 PM
eb0ny
Rank Points: 484
If Someone is not Someone Else, then your next lead gives us that Someone Else has lost The Game and it was not Someone Else. Given that someone played following the rules of The Game (Rule 3 in particular), he had to announce his loss.

So I lost The Game.

Does this make me Someone Else?

EDIT: Just realized something. It does not. Anyone who has lost The Game can be someone or, in this case, someone Else plus anyone who doesn't follow Rule 3. More leads please.

[Last edited by eb0ny at 11-14-2007 06:51 PM]
11-14-2007 at 06:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
I'm not the only one who can post leads and clues, I have no idea about any of this, or if any of this is what it seems to be. Remember that Anyone Else, referring either to a group, an individual or, literally, ANYONE Else would believe it was silly. Pick one of the three and run with it, that's how this game is played.

11-14-2007 at 08:43 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Um...what?

11-14-2007 at 10:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Second base.
11-14-2007 at 10:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
I'm pointing out another clue in Calamarian's post. It could mean many things, choose one and see where it goes.

11-15-2007 at 12:00 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
This isn't a suicide is it?
11-15-2007 at 05:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
I don't know.

11-15-2007 at 05:33 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
Apparently, people want to bring me in for questioning. But I'm innocent! I hereby put a SEP field around this post.
11-15-2007 at 07:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eb0ny
Rank Points: 484
Lets analyze calamarain's post:
calamarain wrote:
Someone Else might not be interested.
We have to ask him whether he is interested or not.
Anybody Else would probably think it's silly.
It is, but hey, who's complaining?
Somebody Else might not like it, but Nobody Else would.
How do you know? Do you know someone?

Conclusion: calamarain might be related in some way to someone or someone else. Or even anyone else, judging by his third sentence. I think I won't post here for a while.

EDIT: Someone else, are you interested?

11-15-2007 at 08:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
QueBarbara
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
icon Re: Who killed the person who we're trying to find to find who killed the person? (+1)  
eb0ny wrote:

EDIT: Someone else, are you interested?

I can't speak for Someone Else, but I don't think that Anyone Else cares.

11-16-2007 at 03:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Snacko
Anyone Else has clearly paid enough attention to form an opinion.

Now, Someone Else, answer the question!

[Last edited by Snacko at 11-16-2007 05:47 PM]
11-16-2007 at 05:47 PM
Someone Else
Alright, alright. But it doesn't make any sense. Am I interested in what? Anything? If so, then yes.
11-16-2007 at 06:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Someone Else wrote:
Am I interested in what? Anything? If so, then yes.
Not true; searching reveals that you've only posted four times in the last two years to the Anything board.
11-16-2007 at 09:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
golfrman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
huh? who'd OJ kill? What?

11-17-2007 at 12:41 AM
Snacko
icon Re: Who killed the person who we're trying to find to find who killed the person? (-3)  
We're not asking if you're interested in anything! We're asking if you're interested in it!

[Last edited by Snacko at 11-17-2007 12:19 PM]
11-17-2007 at 03:33 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Who killed the person who we're trying to find to find who killed the person? (+2)  
Good Lord if I had any mod pooints left I'd mod that post down. There's no need to swear, Snacko, especially given that this entire thread is so utterly impenetrable.
11-17-2007 at 07:47 AM
Anson
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
icon Re: Who killed the person who we're trying to find to find who killed the person? (+1)  
Tahnan wrote:
Good Lord if I had any mod pooints left I'd mod that post down. There's no need to swear, Snacko, especially given that this entire thread is so utterly impenetrable.
Right, Snacko also should read the rules of Conduct.

Please, I admire Guthix, I solve problems, I fix rules too. I used to be a Scoundril, Complaining about the forums, But now i changed.
Click here to view the secret text

11-17-2007 at 12:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Snacko
How does my post breach the Rules of Conduct?

11-18-2007 at 06:37 PM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Oh, you should just read them regardless. It's good for you. Gets you familiar with the spirit of the forum so to speak.

Actually, there are several interesting moments that may be relevant...
FAQ wrote:
* random topics of conversation anywhere other than the Anything board

There's a place for that stuff. It's not just for talking about other cool puzzle games and movie tag, it's for ANYTHING. Feel free to talk about what's on your sandwich there, though you'll have a hard time convincing everyone else that it's not spam.
And about that post you fixed...
What's the swearing policy?
Use common sense. We allow swearing, but don't overuse it, and censor the harsh words. Otherwise, it's what you feel comfortable with saying in a public forum, filled with people you don't know, any of whom might be small children.

11-18-2007 at 10:57 PM
Someone Else
Okay, I'm not particularly interested in Anything, but Anything Else is okay.
11-19-2007 at 05:01 PM
Snacko
Oh, that was a good read, informative, somewhat simple writing without being dumbed-down (though a few parts were a bit vague). I highly recommend it.

11-19-2007 at 06:15 PM
Ravon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
Snacko wrote:
I highly recommend it.
Snacko apparently has a high opinion of it. What it is, and what Someone Else thinks of it remains to be seen.

Also, this thread is made of so many wins.
11-30-2007 at 01:06 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
I think he's referring to the F&Q
12-01-2007 at 05:51 AM
Snacko
You're thinking on too much of a literal level NiroZ. Your foolishness has led to your death, it seems the killer of the one who could tell us who killed the killed or maybe who killed the killed has claimed another victim. As a ghost you can see, hear and generally experience many things we cannot, I would like to enlist your help.

[Last edited by Snacko at 12-01-2007 11:49 PM]
12-01-2007 at 12:12 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Who killed the person who we're trying to find to find who killed the person? (A weird new-agey abstract all-board participation mystery thingie.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com