Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Patrick Fisher steps down. (from the Chief Editor spot)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Patrick Fisher steps down. (0)  
I would like to thank Patrick Fisher (Gamer_Extreme_101) for all his help as Chief Editor on the website. He decided he wanted a break from it. Patrick did a great job, and I feel I made a good choice in shoulder-tapping him for the spot.

Patrick is the fourth of an illustrious line of website caretakers including Claythro, Malarame, and Mattcrampy. He started right when Schik built our new content management system, which lets us use forum posts to show up on the DROD website.

If I go on too long about his good points, this will sound like a eulogy. I'm guessing that Patrick will be in the community for a long time, although you can't hold it against him if he goes missing for a bit. I have heard there's other things to do in life besides DROD.

The new Chief Editor is yet to be named, but it will be a position appointed through the new Caravellian Bureaucracy.

-Erik

08-17-2007 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Patrick Fisher steps down. (0)  
08-17-2007 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
golfrman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
icon Re: Patrick Fisher steps down. (+1)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
I have heard there's other things to do in life besides DROD.
Blasphemy!

08-18-2007 at 06:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Jatopian wrote:
Ezlo for Chief Editor!

Wow! I didn't know I was popular enough to have people rooting for me before I even say anything! :blush

BTW, I will run for the position, with my main goals almost exactly the same what I would have done as the Department of Persistent Memory head.
08-18-2007 at 02:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Patrick, thanks for all your help putting some of my post on the site! Well done!

Does that mean that before the new Editor is appointed, no articles can be updated on the Caravel site?

-- Tim

08-18-2007 at 07:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
www... Will I ever see my story on the web? Waiting for ages did I! >_>

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

08-18-2007 at 09:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Tim wrote:
Does that mean that before the new Editor is appointed, no articles can be updated on the Caravel site?
Pretty much. That's why I picked the Director of Grand Constructions (appoints Chief Editor) for the first election.

-Erik

08-18-2007 at 11:24 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Let it be known I have no hard feelings towards anyone here. The main reason I stepped down was due to a promotion and transfer that I accepted. I'm now an Overnight Support Manager, meaning I work from 10:00PM to 7:30AM helping organize the replenishment of product. I'm also now living down in Estevan, Saskatchewan, which is approximately 2. hours away from my hometown, and I'm completely by myself (I finally got my internet hooked up today, which was a godsend).

Ideally, I would like to come back to working on the website, but more than anything, I need to take a break and try and get settled in to town more often. I'm probably going to try and get a membership at a gym here just so I can be able to do a bit more heavy lifting at work and meet some new people. I'll still be floating around the forum (Mostly because I get so much entertainment from everyone), but expect me to be fairly less frequent.

08-22-2007 at 02:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
Congratz on the promotion! And welcome to the graveyard shift, :P .

Keep posting,

08-22-2007 at 03:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Patrick Fisher steps down. (from the Chief Editor spot)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com