Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Right-click minimap for requirement status (Maybe I'm colour blind)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
IP: Logged
icon Right-click minimap for requirement status (+1)  
With the advent of all the new floor tiles in 3.0, I'm finding it even harder than before to work out if a room is required or not. To be honest, I was never really certain in JtRH holds either as the pixels are so small and so I've generally relied on the "Secret" banner to work out whether I needed to complete the room. This is especially true when there a lots of minimap-coloured elements.

My request would be a way to know *for sure* if a room is required. As the minimap is there and not used for much, it would be cool if that could be linked in. Ideally, a right-click on a minimap room would give you the requirement status, even after completion (this would also help when trying to figure out where the 3/8 secrets had been solved, yet you can't remember where they were).

That minimap is really cool, and this would just be an nice way to add information without obscuring the playing field.
08-16-2007 at 05:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
icon Re: Right-click minimap for requirement status (0)  
It's a good idea. Especially in a room full of oremites or trapdoors, how do you tell if the room is required or not? A similar thing could be available for secret rooms.

08-16-2007 at 06:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Right-click minimap for requirement status (0)  
Yeah I was thinking other stats could then be added to the minimap right-click screen such as Secret status, number of monsters, best #moves so far etc

I just hate spending hours solving an unrequired room (which usually are harder than the rest of the hold) only to find out I could have better used that time to progress in the hold.
08-16-2007 at 06:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Right-click minimap for requirement status (Maybe I'm colour blind)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com