Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Abyssian Fortress : 2 North, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Judi
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon The City Beneath : Abyssian Fortress : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
OK, I am obviously having a very bad day, can't figure out how to get started on this room I have put mirrors in front of all the alcoves that I can get to where the pressure plates will close the exit if anything lands on it but can not work out how to get started killing the tar etc, I know it is going to be something very simple and obvious but could someone just point me in the right direction to get started please. If I stand, or put a mirror on one of the plates that opens the yellow doors around the tar I get locked in. Help please, I am feeling rather stupid at the moment.
05-04-2007 at 02:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: The City Beneath : Abyssian Fortress : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
Maybe you shouldn't open the yellow doors yourself...
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 05-04-2007 03:09 AM]
05-04-2007 at 03:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Judi
Thanks CuriousShy Rabbit, I have tried that but keep getting the exit door shut or trapped, is it possible for someone to post a demo of just getting the first door open and then I can go from there. I try really hard not to get demos but this room, actually as have a couple of rooms on this level have got me stumped, sorry for asking.
05-04-2007 at 07:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
TCB didn't record the demo for this room, but I can give you some quite specific tips:
05-04-2007 at 07:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
To save on mirrors, you can let out 1x1 holes.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

05-04-2007 at 12:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Dex Stewart is, of course, referring to the pressure plates and not any actual platforms.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-04-2007 at 12:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Judi
Thanks very much Dex Stewart, I got it that time, I really don't think logically enough at times and I am really not enjoying this level.
05-05-2007 at 07:59 AM
Adji
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Gnaa, believe it or not, after hours pushing mirrors around, I finally noticed those bad trapdoors...

All over again, but then, I don't deserve any better

Adji
05-06-2007 at 02:04 PM
junglejane
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55

I must be going about this completely wrong. I killed all the mothers. destroyed all mud, and killed all babies except those who I trapped on the pressure plates. I trapped three babies behind each plate which kept the plates activated. I don't see how to go about this otherwise. Perhaps the answer is already posted here, but I have a mental block which wouldn't let me see it if it jumped out an bit me. Helllllp plese.

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling

[Last edited by junglejane at 06-06-2007 07:39 PM]
06-06-2007 at 07:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: The City Beneath : Abyssian Fortress : 2 North, 1 West (+2)  
junglejane wrote:
I must be going about this completely wrong. I killed all the mothers. destroyed all mud, and killed all babies except those who I trapped on the pressure plates. I trapped three babies behind each plate which kept the plates activated. I don't see how to go about this otherwise. Perhaps the answer is already posted here, but I have a mental block which wouldn't let me see it if it jumped out an bit me. Helllllp plese.

Hi junglejane --

Josh

06-06-2007 at 07:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
junglejane
Rank Points: 55
icon Re: The City Beneath : Abyssian Fortress : 2 North, 1 West (+1)  

Hi Josh. You may call me JJ. Much easier than typing out full name. If you go back and look, you will see that I edited my question as you were sending me the answer. Amazing how answers can be found by asking oneself the question. For your help I am sending you a point. I would send you a bundle of them, but, alas I only have one to give. Thanks.

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling

[Last edited by junglejane at 06-06-2007 08:45 PM]
06-06-2007 at 07:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
Okay... This is my last room on the level... could... I have a demo... please...

11-09-2007 at 11:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2387
Jason wrote:
Okay... This is my last room on the level... could... I have a demo... please...

I'm not sure you're going to want my demo since it's over 8000 moves...

There are six trigger plates you need to activate in order to get to all three mud mothers. The idea is to use mirrors to create channels through which the mud can grow. Allow the mud to grow toward one trigger plate at a time. When the mud triggers a plate, seal a chunk of mud inside that area so it can't grow into the main room. Then go for the next one.

Be sure the mud doesn't grow toward any trigger plates that would block your exit when activated. You can click on a plate to see what door it will affect.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
11-10-2007 at 03:49 AM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
disoriented wrote:
Jason wrote:

I'm not sure you're going to want my demo since it's over 8000 moves...

There are six trigger plates you need to activate in order to get to all three mud mothers. The idea is to use mirrors to create channels through which the mud can grow. Allow the mud to grow toward one trigger plate at a time. When the mud triggers a plate, seal a chunk of mud inside that area so it can't grow into the main room. Then go for the next one.

Be sure the mud doesn't grow toward any trigger plates that would block your exit when activated. You can click on a plate to see what door it will affect.

Yes, I had already done that once. By the time I got some mud of the first pressure plate, and started on the

Oh wait. I think I got it.

11-10-2007 at 09:26 AM
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
I despise this level, I really do. I'm sorry to bump this topic, but I just can't find the right order of plates or use the mirrors efficiently enough to create the needed passageways. Any help would be appreciated.

[Last edited by Snacko at 09-14-2008 06:26 PM]
09-14-2008 at 06:04 PM
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
Efficiently enough? Timing isn't really an issue if you just shove mirrors to squeeze the mud into the right pressure plates. There are approximately 3.44 billion extra mirrors, just play around with it. I can give you a demo if you're really stuck. :cool

09-14-2008 at 07:12 PM
DyRsOfDh14
Rank Points: 56
Can someone attach a demo please?
This is the last room on the level.
05-11-2009 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842

File: TCB Abyssian Fortress 2N1W Victory.demo (11.1 KB)
Downloaded 157 times.
License: Public Domain
Here you go:

05-12-2009 at 12:03 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Abyssian Fortress : 2 North, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com