Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Slippery/Sticky Walls
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Abbyzzmal
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 348
IP: Logged
icon Slippery/Sticky Walls (0)  
The difference between roach movement and wubba movement is basically confined to how they deal with obstacles. But because there are other differences between Roaches and their kin and Wubbas and Golems, it might be convenient to have sections where things shift a bit. A slippery wall would be such that if any monster moved into it diagonally, it would slide, as a roach does on a normal wall. A sticky wall would keep all creatures from making a vertical or horizontal movement when the move they want to make is diagonal.

The Slippery Wall would give Wubbas and Golems a little more utility. Now that we have Gel Babies, the sticky wall is a little less useful, but it would still have function in mimic puzzles, or in a theoretical case where one might need to alternate between roach and wubba behavior.
04-11-2007 at 10:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
icon Re: Slippery/Sticky Walls (0)  
Man, I was already thinking of this ne, but you beat me to the submitting. It's a pretty nice idea, actually.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

04-11-2007 at 11:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Not bad idea, with puzzle potential, but with more irritating potential ufortunately.
Hence all the "Where are the elements limits" discussion, I'd say it pushes the limits.

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:22 PM : Going to the keep]
04-11-2007 at 02:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
skell wrote:
Hence all the "Where are the elements limits" discussion, I'd say it pushes the limits.

Past the point of no return?
We've reached the top, but still we gotta learn how to keep it?
04-12-2007 at 08:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Yeah, there is no return unless you try to play AE. Aww, come on, you only need to make your own AE version, which would allow uplading holds from newer versions, and which would automatically skip rooms which contain Forbidden (From newer version of course) elements.

But now seriously, this is not bad idea, and it gives lots and lots of puzzle potential, to create really hard puzzles. But it could make things really irritating :). But well, if they would be implemented I'll still use them, and play holds with them.

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:22 PM : Going to the keep]
04-12-2007 at 03:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
Well, as far as I know, when Wubbas/Rock Golems try to follow you diagonally, they stop once they're no longer in a straight line.

So when going on a slippery wall, won't they just stop after the first move?

As for sticky walls, they're interesting, albiet slightly hard to use. Maybe you could use them to stop a roach from moving?

Question: If Beethro tries to move diagonally onto a slippery wall, would it affect him?

04-12-2007 at 10:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
No, a wubba will not stop in this situation (even with regular walls):
...B
.WO.
..O.
..O.
It will move north east (assuming nothing is blocking that square, such as Beethro's sword).

04-13-2007 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Slippery/Sticky Walls
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com