Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Alright, so it's confession time...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon Alright, so it's confession time... (0)  
Ok, so I've been hiding something for very long, and it's time for me to tell you.

No, I'm not over with my 'multiple projects' syndrome. I am still building holds in privacy. Since a recent while, I've been making holds for others to enjoy, especially for the entertainment of specific people I chat with. Yes, I am doing too many holds in TCB, and I shall name out the ones I left out of the public:

-Priller's Trials
-Jeff_ray's Dungeon
-Vista Dungeon

Not a lot, but these are only the holds I made in TCB. In JtRH, a swarm of incomplete stuff is laying there, hoping for revival.

Alright, so let's face it, I've still got the problem. I understand the others that have that syndrome too, but I'm the worst case of all. At least, Anson is really willing to have a hold out, but I keep working on something all the time.

Discuss now.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

04-07-2007 at 03:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Alright, so it's confession time... (+1)  
*rubs Jeff_Ray's head and says he's cute*
It's OK to do that in private. It's when you waste persons' time in Architecture that is objectionable.

04-07-2007 at 03:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Alright, so it's confession time... (0)  
I know your pain. I have the same syndrome, but with games making...

But well, maybe rather I had. Even though I have 9 projects residing on my comp, most of them are mini games done when bored.

For me it disappeared with age :). But also it can be fought by doing one big hold being the sum of them all (Like I do - my hld is really big :) ).

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:36 PM : Going to the keep]
04-07-2007 at 12:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
That could work, but each hold has a different theme, so it can't work.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

04-07-2007 at 01:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Make a big non-linear hold with multiple dungeons, like MeckMeck's World 2. Or the hold, I'm making.
04-07-2007 at 02:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Not bad... :) Maybe I should do this...

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

04-07-2007 at 02:28 PM
Insane
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
skell wrote:
I know your pain. I have the same syndrome, but with games making...

But well, maybe rather I had. Even though I have 9 projects residing on my comp, most of them are mini games done when bored.

For me it disappeared with age :). But also it can be fought by doing one big hold being the sum of them all (Like I do - my hld is really big :) ).

Keep Going
-Maurice Z.

Only 9?
I have about 30 unfinished games/projects, 70 non-game projects for use in other games, and 50 single scripts for use in various applications.

Although I am working on one large game with my group now, I've never actually finished a game so far except a packman clone or two.

-Insane
04-07-2007 at 03:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Insane, before I started using Game Maker I was playing with Clicks (TGF, MMF) I was complete N00b back then, and the numbers of projects I've started... About two-three per week :).

Then I moved to GM. Started making Kulkis II. Took me one and half of an year. At the beginning I was unable to work properly, cause I played games all the time, and then level developing stopped me. But finally I ended it, and I've managed to point out some plans and objectives for myself. When I feel like starting new project, I just don't do it - I leave the idea in my mind though.

Besides I have no time starting new projects. I either play DROD, or work with PHP making my site, or thinking about on-line games I would like to make (In PHP of course) :D.

And well, I've managed to finish few projects. You can always see them on my site Here (Bad me, how dare I to advertise me site so much ^^).

Anyway, this is not a topic about myself. Jeff_ray, you can always also throw your hold to the Junkyard, that thing newly created in Architecture board :).

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:36 PM : Going to the keep]
04-07-2007 at 03:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ravon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
skell wrote:
When I feel like starting new project, I just don't do it - I leave the idea in my mind though.
Heh.
No offense meant toward you, I do the same thing...
04-07-2007 at 08:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
I didn't watch the whole thing nor understand everything perfectly but I think I at least partially understood.
Anyway, I don't have any brain crack feelings or so. Sooner or later I forget about the idea, and it will either come back later, never come back, or will happen to pop in my mind when I'll work on similar project.
What goes with this, I don't rely on planning projects (excepting Metroid Recreation), I more rely on improvisation and ideas coming while developing.
I just had that thing today, when I was making Tutorial to my Hold. I had no idea what super scripting tweaks to add, but while making that tutorial I came up with lots of ideas :).

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:32 PM : Going to the keep]
04-08-2007 at 09:23 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Alright, so it's confession time...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com