Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Required NPC
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 482
IP: Logged
icon Required NPC (+1)  
In the scripting window I'd like to see "Required to open green doors.". Really useful when making levels with a hostile guy that must be killed.

03-04-2007 at 10:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
icon Re: Required NPC (0)  
If I understand correctly, what you want is: wait for door to open at (door,coordinates), which we already have.

03-04-2007 at 10:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 482
Nuntar wrote:
No, I think I understand what vittro means -- a toggle that makes an NPC count as a monster so green doors won't open (and the room won't count as completed if you leave and return) until that NPC is killed.

And yes -- I've already had a room in which this would have been useful. I wanted six guards that attack when they see Beethro, and I would have liked to make them NPCs, but then the room would have counted as completed if you just entered and left again. In the end I was forced to make five of them real guards and put them behind a door which the sixth guard, who was an NPC, would open, but this ruined the elegance of the room's visual appearance.

Yeah, you're right.

03-04-2007 at 12:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
03-04-2007 at 09:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Doesn't the 'check to see if room is conquered already' thing happen before NPCs run any scripts?
03-04-2007 at 10:13 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
Banjooie wrote:
Doesn't the 'check to see if room is conquered already' thing happen before NPCs run any scripts?
Yes. In an otherwise empty room, NPCs can't be used to alter the pre-clean state.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-05-2007 at 12:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Required NPC
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com