Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : And the December Surprise... (SubTerra II release candidate)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon Re: And the December Surprise... (0)  
Ok... what is the minimum # of levels i need so you can make a levelset?

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-08-2007 at 08:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant!
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
The only single-person (well, actually two-person) levelset to date is Zozo and Isi's, which contains 85 levels. But I suppose I'd accept less than that, too :) Let's call it 50 minimum. Good luck.
01-08-2007 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
How weird... you said 50's too much... but oh well... i'll work on it! (Is it ok if i send them to you in packs of 10? or do you really want them all at once?)

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-08-2007 at 09:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Mystic
Rank Points: 18
As I've mentioned on Spiderweb's SubTerra board, I've been considering making my own levelset for ST1. 50 sounds like a pretty good goal, I guess. So far, I've only got about 10 or 12 completed (including 6 I already submitted), 5 more in the works, and about 20 that are just titles. I've even made my own intro level.

01-09-2007 at 03:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Ok, Pieter, if you haven't saw my question, it's:

"Is it ok if i send them to you in packs of 10? or do you really want them all at once?"

Answer soon plz

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-11-2007 at 09:40 PM
Radiant!
You can send them one by one if you prefer, just give me a full list with the last of them to remind me which ones should be in there and in which order.

I'm sure you were aware of this, but I have a tendency to reject levels if they have no valid demo, or if they're really overly simple, or if they're simply a random permutation of objects, e.g. by clicking in the editor at random. Just for the record.

01-11-2007 at 09:46 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Ok. It's clear. I've got a few levels up so far, and i'm making more. Though, i would need your e-mail, as i can't send attachments via PM. :/

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-11-2007 at 11:37 PM
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
Okay. Everyones getting hyped up about this levelset thing. So why not. I wouldn't think of making 50+ levels by myself, so if anyone wants a partner and is willing to split the credit 50-50, I'm open. Just think of it as another levelset by two people.

Keep posting,

01-12-2007 at 02:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Yeah, i wouldn't mind... but i really want to do something that will make people stop think i'm a project madman. >_>

But whatever... if you really want to, say so here, and make 25 levels. If not... then i will take care of it. I'm currently thinking of some puzzles involving advanced behavior from the Master object list.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-12-2007 at 12:01 PM
Radiant!
I think I have a list of "object behavior not yet used in any puzzles" if people are interested :)

01-12-2007 at 04:47 PM
The Mystic
I sure would like to see it; it might give me some ideas. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a long list, despite the huge variety of puzzles I've seen.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I wouldn't mind teaming up with someone to make a levelset, but I'm planning to try solo first.

[Last edited by The Mystic at 01-12-2007 05:01 PM]
01-12-2007 at 04:58 PM
Jeff_Ray...
I think i had it, but i lost it. :( Can you give it please?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-12-2007 at 10:35 PM
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
Okay, I'm pretty far into ST2 now - all levels uncovered, 72 mastered, 64 solved (the entire top three rows are all solved on Hard Mode). There are, though, levels that I consider impossible. Ironically enough, two of them are mine. In Devillish Puzzles, in the part with three layers of rock puzzles, the middle layer has a section of three columns of rocks. I think it's impossible to get past these rocks, but if Radiant accepted it, it must be possible. Any hints?
Also, whenever I play Subterra Forever on Hard Mode I always end up two gems short, no matter what I do. Any hints?
Also I have mastered only two of the Supaplex levels (Eldritch! and Corner confusioN!), the rest I find too hard even to solve. That's why I asked for more save disks in them before. Of course, it may be that I'm just not trying very hard.

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 01-17-2007 04:39 AM]
01-17-2007 at 04:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Hmm... I just noticed something. If you manage to burrow below a level, it unlocks, even if there is no connection to a cleared level. Or maybe there just is an undrawn connection between the two. It's the fourth from the left on the bottom, and the one above and to the right.
01-17-2007 at 04:58 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Radiant, i need your e-mail to send you my levels. but i can't as i don't know what it is.

And could you send me Ideas.txt please?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-19-2007 at 12:50 AM
UrAvgAzn
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
Radiant, i need your e-mail to send you my levels. but i can't as i don't know what it is.

And could you send me Ideas.txt please?
Radiant has had some severe spam problems, so I doubt he will divulge his e-mail in public.

Keep posting,

01-19-2007 at 02:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant!
Indeed, I'd prefer people not to mail me. The easiest thing to do is upload your levelpack somewhere and PM me the link. Webhosts should be easy to find these days.

I'll post the Ideas.txt file this weekend, I had to look around to find it first.

01-19-2007 at 09:51 AM
Jeff_Ray...
nvm, found it in my old ST2 folder. And ok, i'll do that.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-19-2007 at 08:42 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142

File: SubTwo.exe (440 KB)
Downloaded 35 times.
License: Other
Now updated with a handful of levels that were inadvertently left out, and a bugfix or two. Welcome to the Moscow Subway! :)

01-24-2007 at 02:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Hey, I've a question. Where daemons named because they're often put in the background to do such activities like toggling switches?
01-24-2007 at 03:33 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Level VIII :)

And may I just extend my congrats to StewBoy who has designed what I see as nearly every single level. Thanks :)
01-26-2007 at 02:49 PM
The Stew Boy
I got there first. :)
And it's not nearly every single level, it's only about a quarter of them. Maybe less.
Edit: Oh, btw, well done.

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 01-26-2007 10:45 PM]
01-26-2007 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
I guess I'll just stick with making my own levelset. Probably ST2 when I get my computer fixed.

Keep posting,

01-27-2007 at 02:01 AM
The Stew Boy
Radiant wrote:
Now updated with a handful of levels that were inadvertently left out, and a bugfix or two. Welcome to the Moscow Subway! :)
Tried it just now, got this error:
[FileErr] Error reading library file.
The data file seems to be corrupted or missing.
You should download and reinstall the game.
02-03-2007 at 02:07 AM
The Mystic
I got that error too, and couldn't figure out why.

It's a good thing I copied the original file, because I went back to using that version.

02-05-2007 at 03:13 AM
Syntax
The Stew Boy wrote:
Okay, I'm pretty far into ST2 now - all levels uncovered, 72 mastered, 64 solved (the entire top three rows are all solved on Hard Mode). There are, though, levels that I consider impossible. Ironically enough, two of them are mine. In Devillish Puzzles, in the part with three layers of rock puzzles, the middle layer has a section of three columns of rocks. I think it's impossible to get past these rocks, but if Radiant accepted it, it must be possible. Any hints?
Also, whenever I play Subterra Forever on Hard Mode I always end up two gems short, no matter what I do. Any hints?
Also I have mastered only two of the Supaplex levels (Eldritch! and Corner confusioN!), the rest I find too hard even to solve. That's why I asked for more save disks in them before. Of course, it may be that I'm just not trying very hard.

Level IX... :) All solved on hard apart from 5, of which 2 have yet to be unveiled.

I agree with the Devlish Puzzles level. That 4 rock 3 column formation seems to make it impossible. I've got a couple more ides to try but would be interested to know if it actually is possible.
02-15-2007 at 03:49 PM
The Stew Boy
You mean it doesn't stop at level VIII, but goes on to IX?
02-15-2007 at 08:12 PM
Syntax
Sure does. I'd expect it to go to level X actually once all is solved on hard. I've got 2 left to complete and Devilish Puzzles which is only done on easy.

Hopefully Ill get those done by Monday and I'll update you then (I don't have broadband at home at the moment).
02-16-2007 at 01:03 PM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : And the December Surprise... (SubTerra II release candidate)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com