Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : MetDROiD Echoes (Adventure)
<<3456
Page 7 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.8/10 (72 votes)
σ 2.15
Author Name:geomatrx
Submitted By:geomatrx
Hold Name:MetDROiD Echoes
Theme:Adventure
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:17
Number of Rooms:300
Number of Monsters:4053
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:34 (+44 / -10)
Poster Message
pigletto
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (0)  
Seeing this topic being bumped up reminds me, I have 2 secret rooms left to find which I would like some help locating:3S4E and 8S4E.
04-02-2009 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sean
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (+1)  
My brain is certainly not wired correctly for this.

I remember old games (Zork comes to mind) where copious note taking and pencil mapping were required. But they were text. I've never played any of the series to which the title refers so I'm obviously missing a lot.

Anyway, while a great concept, I found I spend more time flailing around because I missed some small detail then actually progressing. Explore everything wouldn't be so bad if some of those rooms weren't so tedious to traverse.

Got my flippers, did those rooms, and, well, just don't feel like going through all that stuff over and over and over again to find out what I missed. Just like I did with the previous levels.

While I've not voted (nor am I likely to) I can see why some of the Karma votes for this hold are <0. One either "gets it" or not.

Sean

PS: I really loved the cross-bow training.

08-13-2009 at 02:29 AM
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
Yeah, I came back to this thing after a year and was totally lost. There's not even a way to find out what items I have, so I don't see how anyone could point me in the right direction without examining my save in detail and knowing the hold intimately.

08-13-2009 at 03:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
blorx1
Rank Points: 920
I finnaly mastered the hold and it is awesome, the hold is just amazing the art and all the other scripting I cant wait for the next hold it looks so cool which sounds really awesome

08-17-2009 at 04:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
deftriver
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
Wow, this is so much harder than Prime, which was so much harder than the original!

I'm at the point where I need to start getting those keys and I can't even find the first one, B-Men.

Hopefully I'll figure things out, if only because the last two were so satisfying to finish.
12-06-2009 at 03:15 AM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2386
Brilliant hold.
11/10

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
02-08-2010 at 06:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
I've looked through the entire hold a couple of times and I can't find the entrance for Secret Rooms: 9S 4E . Anyone can help me with the location of the staircase? Thanks!
05-03-2010 at 07:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
Click here to view the secret text

05-03-2010 at 07:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
slimm tom
I actually meant 8S 4E, sorry. I've already asked mxvladi in chat, but he hasn't found that one yet. Anyone else who knows where it is?
05-03-2010 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
disoriented
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (+2)  
slimm tom wrote:
I actually meant 8S 4E, sorry. I've already asked mxvladi in chat, but he hasn't found that one yet. Anyone else who knows where it is?
Click here to view the secret text

05-04-2010 at 05:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
slimm tom
Thanks a bunch!

Mastered and Post-Mastered. This hold is absolutely brilliant when it comes to puzzles, scripting, and aesthetics. I give it a 10 for fun, and a 6 for difficulty.
05-04-2010 at 06:39 PM
CrazyDiamond
Rank Points: 38
I loved this one too, I just had a problem: maybe in the whole maze i forgot to enter one of those stairs and I missed the secret 8E... where can I find that please?

Also: is possible to conquer Winter Factory 2N? I wasn't able to but I reached the exit of the hold without having had conquered it..

edit: i tried again after some time i didn't play and now i did 2N in a pair of minutes :P
still remains the question of secret 8E

edit2: ok i found the last secret, now i'll explore the last rooms. :)

[Last edited by CrazyDiamond at 10-21-2010 10:31 PM]
10-21-2010 at 04:47 PM
CrazyDiamond
Now that I've found the last secret I've seen the architect's seal and read the whole story again from the entrance of secret rooms.. but there is still a last problem: why can't i find the way to that staircase on the east which leads to shop rooms?

Is it a challenge or it is obvious and I'm too tired to notice it now?

Please answer soon. :|
10-21-2010 at 11:44 PM
disoriented
CrazyDiamond wrote:
Now that I've found the last secret I've seen the architect's seal and read the whole story again from the entrance of secret rooms.. but there is still a last problem: why can't i find the way to that staircase on the east which leads to shop rooms?

Is it a challenge or it is obvious and I'm too tired to notice it now?

Please answer soon. :|

Go back to the room with the architect's seal. Did you notice a cracked wall along the eastern side of the room?

10-22-2010 at 04:54 PM
CrazyDiamond
How could I have been so blind! I saw and even cracked it, but returned from the wrong way, so went to the entrance instead of the secret passage. :P

Thank you, now I can say the hold is complete.. Just a last question: did he make that hold he was preparing for TCB or gave up?

10-23-2010 at 01:59 PM
Cormorant
Rank Points: 17
I just started playing this hold, and I'm enjoying it so much! But I am having what I think is a technical problem. I'm on the Evil Chill Wasteland level.

More than once, I will step onto the mosaic tiles, get the warning that the spiders will appear in 15 turns, step onto a safe tile after, say, 5 turns, but not get the message that I am now safe until a few turns after that. And it looks like the count of 15 turns does not reset until I get that message.

I'm now on Once South, and having real trouble dealing with this issue. Eg: I will step onto a safe tile after 12 turns, not get the "smiley face" message, wait a few turns, need to step off the tile to avoid a snake, and the spiders appear!

Is there any way I can fix this problem? I really want to keep playing. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
03-01-2015 at 12:15 AM
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
This is not a glitch. The scripting has been set up this way. It is somewhat unintuitive.

The script waits for you to step off of a safe square. 15 turns after, the script checks if you are on a safe square or not. If you're not on a safe square, you get bombarded. If you are, you get some sort of safety message. You'll have to find a way to step on a safe square without the serpent getting you.
03-01-2015 at 12:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Cormorant
Rank Points: 17
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (+3)  
Thank you! That makes sense-- you have to be on a safe tile exactly 15 turns after stepping on the mosaic, not before 15 turns. Now that I know I can play with that in mind-- thanks for your help!
03-01-2015 at 01:32 AM
<<3456
Page 7 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : MetDROiD Echoes (Adventure)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com