Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD News for 4/1/03
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
IP: Logged
icon DROD News for 4/1/03 (0)  
We have a major update today. Some of you may have noticed that there hasn't been much talk lately about Caravel DROD updates. The reason is that Erik has come to a decision that he hopes will lead to new, better things. The summery is that Caravel DROD is now finished and will no longer be updated. Due to several problems, the level editor won't be released either.

Here's the official word from Erik:

"I'm sorry to have to announce this to you all, but Caravel DROD will no longer be worked on by me or anyone else. However, not all is bad. I decided some time ago to start a brand new game, and I'm now ready to announce the next big thing: DRODIS - Deadly Rooms of Death in Space.

"The preliminary story is that Beethro has mysteriously been transported into the future. If he wants to ever see his home again, he will have to discover exactly what happened. Unfortunately, the only way for him to do that is to battle his way through 25 decks of an abandoned spaceship. Battle with Beethro as he fights aliens, cyborgs, and more to get to the Central Control Room. Since it is the future, Beethro now has a laser gun and remote mines at his disposal."

While DRODIS isn't anywhere near complete, we do have two early screenshots for you:
[siteimage]drodis1.gif[/siteimage]
[siteimage]drodis2.gif[/siteimage]

I know that revealing DRODIS is a major announcement, but I have more for you. Erik has also been working on another game!

"Shamelessly capitalizing on DROD's success seems to be a good idea, so I've decided to whip up another game. Merging DROD and Tetris together was originally a joke, but when I really thought about it, I realized that it was a good idea. Hence, DRODtris was born. It won't be anything flashy, only a simple Tetris clone. It should be released in a month or two."

[siteimage]drodtris.gif[/siteimage]

In addition to these two announcements, several pages here at DROD.net have been updated, including the FAQ and Contact page. If you have any questions about these new games, please ask them at the forum.

~Matt O'Leary - Mafinot Budkin

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
08-14-2003 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
icon Re: DROD News for 4/1/03 (0)  
No, but DRODTris really does exist now.

For future reference, bumping eight year old topics is generally frowned upon.

06-27-2011 at 12:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: DROD News for 4/1/03 (+1)  
Snacko wrote:
For future reference, bumping eight year old topics is generally frowned upon.
She had a question. Let's not go over this again. You should know better.

06-27-2011 at 04:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
I totally get that, I just think that bumping an old topic in a section usually reserved for news is somewhat sloppy.

06-27-2011 at 04:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: DROD News for 4/1/03 (-1)  
Christ on a /cracker/, Trickster, is there a thing you do that isn't resurrecting old threads?
06-27-2011 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
Trickster wrote:
Malarame wrote:
[siteimage]drodis1.gif[/siteimage]
[siteimage]drodis2.gif[/siteimage]
[siteimage]drodtris.gif[/siteimage]
Do these images still exist?
Hrm. I can't find them anywhere. That was like... maybe 2 servers ago? So they must not have made one of the migrations.

06-27-2011 at 09:42 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
...Well. Continue on, then.
06-28-2011 at 07:18 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
You don't want to see those images anyways....the DRODIS that turned into reality was much better.

....and I don't say that just because I worked on it. :P

06-28-2011 at 04:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD News for 4/1/03
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com