Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Seasons (The title says it all)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.5/10 (50 votes)
σ 1.42
Author Name:Elfstone
Submitted By:Elfstone
Hold Name:Seasons
Theme:The title says it all
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:4
Number of Rooms:29
Number of Monsters:2466
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:7 (+7 / -0)
Poster Message
bflatjeff
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
IP: Logged
icon Re: Seasons (0)  
Imagine- Seasons in 3.0 with weather effects. Not that I really want an update of this hold, but something to consider for the next one! And lighting! Oooh, all the possibilities.

BbJ

09-21-2007 at 04:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
We also will surely have to have another aesthetic hold contest.

09-21-2007 at 10:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: Seasons (+1)  
bflatjeff wrote:
Imagine- Seasons in 3.0 with weather effects. Not that I really want an update of this hold, but something to consider for the next one! And lighting! Oooh, all the possibilities.

I was astonished to see this back up on the front page! :w00t I honestly hadn't thought of the possibility of going back to Seasons and putting it into TCB. You're right Bb - weather effects would add to it but I think I will probably leave it as it is. However when I finish Gerwensteele's Castle it will be in TCB and that should be fairly soon - the nights are getting darker earlier now and we're not so far away from turning the clocks back and then it will be dark when I come home from work. That's when I get back to serious Architecture!

Jatopian wrote:
We also will surely have to have another aesthetic hold contest.
now that I would enjoy! :thumbsup

[Last edited by Elfstone at 09-23-2007 06:34 PM]
09-23-2007 at 06:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Played through it this afternoon and as many people have commented, there were many pleasing things aesthetically speaking. Some of the rooms I found tedious though (i.e., way too many enemies to just sit and slash). It was a pleasurable experience nevertheless and I had fun. Thanks!

04-30-2011 at 08:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Amazed and delighted to see this on the front page again after 4 years! Very glad that you approve west.logan - and thank you especially for taking the time to leave a comment. :)

05-03-2011 at 05:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
OneMoreNameless
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 131
Everything that needs to be said about this hold already has been, so allow me to simply bump for adorableness. :flowers
05-20-2013 at 03:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwerulous
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 340
I mastered this recently, so since the topic has been brought forward I will add my appreciation:

What a wonderful hold! It was so relaxing to play through - no room has a particularly difficult puzzle or strategy to work out, so it's nice to just casually wander through and admire the beautiful architecture. The use of game elements to make images is clever and creative. I loved the level descriptions - they added to the atmosphere of the hold perfectly.

Yes, perhaps the gameplay is lacking a little, but... so what? I don't think that's what this hold is about, and it's nice to have a bit of an 'unwind'. Besides, a few of the rooms had some strategy involved (e.g. Autumn: 1W, Winter: 4N).

I gave this a 9/10 and 3.5 for difficulty. Really good hold.
05-20-2013 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Kwerulous wrote:
What a wonderful hold! It was so relaxing to play through - no room has a particularly difficult puzzle or strategy to work out, so it's nice to just casually wander through and admire the beautiful architecture. . .
Wow! :w00t

Thank you!! - what a wonderful accolade!
... and thanks also to OneMoreNameless.

"so allow me to simply bump for adorableness" - awwww - very chuffed. :blush

05-23-2013 at 08:44 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Seasons (The title says it all)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com