Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Customizable puzzle mode
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
IP: Logged
icon Re: Customizable puzzle mode (+1)  
On the subject of fading, when Beethro is invisible and out of smell range, he looks like a decoy and fades in and out and it is hard for me to spot him, especially on certain floor tiles.

If an antifade option is considered, I'd suggest adding this to it.
12-26-2020 at 12:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
In 5.2.0.508 most of these options appear to be working, however increasing the style slider above the default causes DROD to post tens of thousands of lines of

Assertion error in line 2779 of BitmapManager.cpp: "this->TileImageTypes[wTileImageNo] != TIT_Unspecified"

into drod.err
06-08-2023 at 10:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Rank Points: 1062
It looks like the different grid styles are meant to have their own tile graphics, but they don't. Not sure if it's something I can solve since it needs a change in the data files.

(I am vaugely aware that DROD is pretty open to replacing graphics by dropping files in the right place so a tempory fix might be possible?)

06-09-2023 at 12:11 PM
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Customizable puzzle mode (0)  
If new graphics are needed then its probably best suited to a theoretical 6.0 rather than 5.2. Maybe the style slider should be swapped for a show grid lines toggle box for 5.2.
06-09-2023 at 12:52 PM
hyperme
Rank Points: 1062

File: PuzzleGridTiles.zip (622 bytes)
Downloaded 22 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Customizable puzzle mode (+2)  
kieranmillar wrote:
If new graphics are needed then its probably best suited to a theoretical 6.0 rather than 5.2. Maybe the style slider should be swapped for a show grid lines toggle box for 5.2.

Probably a good call. The original PR doesn't give any indication of what the grid styles should be.

Relatedly, I've made a minor graphics mod and attached it to this post to supply graphics for the other styles. Put the two files in the Bitmaps directory of your DROD data directory, and add the line General=PuzzleGridTiles to your drod.ini file (after the General=GeneralTiles line).

06-09-2023 at 01:47 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Customizable puzzle mode
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com