Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Tower (Semi-difficult puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.0/10 (7 votes)
σ 1.20
Author Name:Scattercatt
Submitted By:Scattercatt
Hold Name:The Tower
Theme:Semi-difficult puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:7
Number of Rooms:49
Number of Monsters:411
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: The Tower.hold (336.3 KB)
Downloaded 274 times.
License: Other
icon The Tower  
A short hold with challenging but not too hair-tearing-out puzzles
09-14-2017 at 07:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: The Tower (+1)  
This is a great debut hold from Scattercatt. Lots of fun puzzles in the mid-range difficulty level. The Tower has themed levels, each focusing on a different set of elements. There isn't too much overlap and the levels are open format and relatively short, so this is a perfect hold to play through in a few short sessions. I really like the difficulty and variety here, it makes this hold feel a bit like a "Lunch-break Special" or "Holds Al Dente" kind of thing.

Though I pretty much enjoyed all the levels here, some were real standouts. The second floor had a really neat series of rooms that involved setting up a group of powder kegs to enforce a path for a guard to take later. The third level had some super fun golem manipulation rooms that involve finding a good setup for the corpses or golems to be in for later parts of the room. But one of the great things about this hold is that there's a ton of variety. If those don't sound appealing to you, you'll probably enjoy some of the tarstuff growing and cutting on the fourth floor, or spike trap rooms on the fifth floor. I definitely encourage you to check this one out if you haven't yet, and I'm looking forward to seeing more architecture from Scattercatt!

10-03-2017 at 02:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: The Tower (+1)  
There's a backtracking issue in the first puzzle room if you conquer it and leave to the west.
06-03-2020 at 01:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Tower (Semi-difficult puzzles) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com