Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : KDD First Level remake (Challenges)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.3/10 (21 votes)
σ 1.35
Author Name:Henri
Submitted By:Doom
Hold Name:KDD First Level remake
Theme:Challenges
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:17
Number of Monsters:259
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: KDD L1 remake.hold (8 KB)
Downloaded 2176 times.
License: Other
icon KDD First Level remake  
A modification of Level 1 in King Dugan's Dungeon.

Features challenges from the challenge board.

Thanks to jdyer's A Quiet Place for some ideas.
10-11-2004 at 07:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
patmo98
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39
icon Re: KDD First Level remake (0)  
In 4N1W you can
Click here to view the secret text
Just place it here. You could fix this by makeing all open space to the right all one yellow door. Actually it would have to be two doors that open with same orb. If this is not clear please tell me.

Second, would you please put a check point in 4N1W. I think you hold needs it even if KDD dosen't.

Third, would you give me a hint about this room. You need to hit the orb at point 1 but, that locks the doot at point 2. I can't figure how to open it.

Forth, I don't think I could compleate 3N. This room. You apear to need to hit orb 1 to kill the serpents, but you need to have droped the red door befor you can get to orb 1. You can't drop the red door until you drop the green door. This seems to be a catch-22. In summery you need to press orb 1 befor you can kill the serpents. You need to drop the red door befor you can push orb 1 and, you need to kill the serpents and drop the green door befor you drop the red door.

If I am missing something please tell me.

[Edited by patmo98 at Local Time:10-11-2004 at 06:09 PM]
10-11-2004 at 04:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: KDD First Level remake (+1)  
Dang, 10 people have a buggy version...
Fixed that snake room, didn't remember those existing trapdoors when adding that returning route.

Fixed also that roach-killing trick.

for 5N2W,

10-11-2004 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
patmo98
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39
First, I still think 5 North, 1 West needs a checkpoint at point 1.

My mistake, 5N2W is solvable.
10-12-2004 at 12:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: KDD First Level remake (+2)  
patmo98 wrote:
First, I still think 5 North, 1 West needs a checkpoint at point 1.
You are doing it the long and tedious way... You can just

Edit: There's also a trivial solution to 6N2W. You can do it like you normally would (without the diagonal restriction) and then exit to the south.

Edit: The NW passage in 2N doesn't do you any good. You can't go through it both ways (you get killed by tar babies).

[Edited by Stefan at Local Time:10-12-2004 at 01:00 AM]

[Edited by Stefan at Local Time:10-12-2004 at 01:34 AM]

10-12-2004 at 12:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
I can't exit! Where is the

Where is that room?

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:02-01-2005 at 12:51 AM]

02-01-2005 at 12:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Never mind.
I got it.

02-01-2005 at 02:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
selotte
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
patmo98 wrote:
In 4N1W you can
Just place it here. You could fix this by makeing all open space to the right all one yellow door. Actually it would have to be two doors that open with same orb. If this is not clear please tell me.

Second, would you please put a check point in 4N1W. I think you hold needs it even if KDD dosen't.

Third, would you give me a hint about this room. You need to hit the orb at point 1 but, that locks the doot at point 2. I can't figure how to open it.

Forth, I don't think I could compleate 3N. This room. You apear to need to hit orb 1 to kill the serpents, but you need to have droped the red door befor you can get to orb 1. You can't drop the red door until you drop the green door. This seems to be a catch-22. In summery you need to press orb 1 befor you can kill the serpents. You need to drop the red door befor you can push orb 1 and, you need to kill the serpents and drop the green door befor you drop the red door.

03-04-2005 at 06:15 PM
selotte
Ican`see how to kill the roach with the mimic, aften doing that I can`t get out. But I can`t kill the roaches with my sword to the east How did I do that. Please help.
03-04-2005 at 06:17 PM
selotte
icon Re: KDD First Level remake 4N1W (0)  
I canīt kille the roaches with the mimic, and I can either kill them with my sword pointing East. Using the mimic I canīt get out and with my sword pointing east I am getting killed. Can it be done? Please help :(
03-04-2005 at 06:20 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Well that mimic thing impossible now because I've fixed those things.

A small hint:

by the way: 666th post :devil

[Edited by Doom at Local Time:03-04-2005 at 06:32 PM: post number]
03-04-2005 at 06:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
selotte
I must have been blind. thank you. But now I am stucked in 3N, I can kill the first 3 snakes but I canīt get the 3 next. I am always getting killed. Are there something I havenīt seen? Or are there some wist hint I can use. Perhaps I am blind again? :blush
03-05-2005 at 09:36 AM
selotte
patmo98 wrote:
In 4N1W you can

About 4N2W

03-05-2005 at 02:55 PM
knwpsk
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
I can't figure out 1N. I got all the way around and came into it from the north. Put the mimic in the blank square in the NW part of room. Can't figure out how to move the mimic to the northern orb -- there's no way to push him to the right...

Help?

(I didn't kill the roaches in 1N the first time around, went directly to 1N1W. Was that a mistake? So, when I come into 1N from the top, there are still roaches alive.)

[Last edited by knwpsk at 05-20-2008 04:09 AM]
05-20-2008 at 04:07 AM
noma
Rank Points: 1594
I can't remember what I did here (and it's on my other computer) but this thread might answer your question. If not, posting your problem there might get you help faster.

EDIT: Just downloaded my own demo and yes, I also entered from the north (I think that's the only entrance you can conquer the room from) and placed the mimic in the spot you did. The other thread should be helpful.

[Last edited by noma at 05-20-2008 04:19 AM]
05-20-2008 at 04:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
knwpsk
Rank Points: 13
Nevermind, I finally found this:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=7632

Thanks, Oneiromancer and Noma

[Last edited by knwpsk at 05-20-2008 04:38 AM]
05-20-2008 at 04:37 AM
brian_s
Rank Points: 587
I enjoyed most of the challenges presented, especially the challenge of 6N2W: clear all the roaches without stepping diagonally. The only room that really annoyed me was 1W with the brained serpent.
08-16-2009 at 02:35 AM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
This was a pretty cool idea: King Dugan's Dungeon with challenges built in to make it harder. The implementation was clever and while I thought a couple of extra check points would have been nice, I really enjoyed it for the most part.

05-15-2013 at 07:34 PM
poitoy
Rank Points: 10
help with 6n2w. can get out of 3rd room w/o moving diagonally.

01-11-2023 at 10:23 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1132
I'd suggest creating a Hints topic through here to get help.

My stuff:

01-11-2023 at 10:34 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : KDD First Level remake (Challenges) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com