Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : The Second Sky is Falling! (Our news for June)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon The Second Sky is Falling! (+37)  
This is it! The news you've all been waiting for. The culmination of many years of development is here, bringing you quite possibly the most exquisite puzzle gaming experience you've ever enjoyed -- DROD: The Second Sky.
http://www.caravelgames.com/Articles/Games_2/TSS.html

DROD: The Second Sky -- Released!

DROD:TSS is now available to everyone who has pre-ordered. When you pre-ordered, you should have received an e-mail from Caravel with a registration link for TSS. Once you have registered your order on the Caravel Forum, you will be able to download the game from this point forward. To download the game, just login on the Caravel Forum, click the Downloads link at the top of the page, and find DROD:TSS under the "CaravelNet Downloads" section. For those who have already pre-ordered and registered, we are granting one extra bonus month of CaravelNet service, effective immediately. Enjoy it while playing TSS, and go for some #1 scores!

If you haven't pre-ordered yet, don't worry. You may still do so and get the game right away from Caravel. We're setting the "official" release date of TSS as July 1. After that point, you should start seeing TSS appearing on other game portals. As DROD shows up through other distribution channels, we'll be happy to provide keys to everyone who has purchased the game directly from Caravel.

If you're buying TSS now, don't forget to buy the bundle version for just $5 more that comes with a lossless collection of Emmett Plant's epic music that is featured in TSS.

Order link for the TSS game+music bundle:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=7477&PRODUCTID=74770032

Order TSS only:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=7477&PRODUCTID=74770028

If you aren't ready to buy yet, you can also download a demo version with the early levels of the game from the above page on Caravel Games.

Steam Greenlight

We're shooting to release DROD:TSS on Steam. Please don't forget to up-vote us and tell everyone you know to vote for our game!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93828972

Contest winners: Number of rooms in DROD:TSS

Now that TSS is out, we have announced the winners of our latest forum contest -- guessing the number of rooms that are in TSS. We're going to count each of the new world maps featured in TSS as a "room", bringing the total number of rooms in the game to...

Including the maps as rooms actually changes the winner, so we'll be generous and fair, gifting an extra first place prize. One is selected based on counting world maps along with rooms and the other without. Our contest winners are:

888: Lucky Luc -- 1st
875: Tamsk -- 1st (bonus prize)
873: jamesdenem -- 2nd
871: martz -- 3rd

Congratulations to the winners! Lucky Luc and Tamsk, you each win a free copy of TSS (or a prize from the Prize Pile) and 100 rank points! Jamesdenem receives three free months of CaravelNet service and 50 rank points. Martz receives one free month of CaravelNet service and 25 rank points.

Stay tuned for more news and a new forum contest. We look forward to seeing you on the Caravel Forum and sharing your thoughts on TSS!

Happy DRODing,
Mike

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-21-2014 at 04:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 371
icon Re: The Second Sky is Falling! (+2)  
This is so awesome!!

Here, have a +5.

So thats what Ive been keeping all those mod points for.

Best quote ever (TSS ending spoiler):
Click here to view the secret text

06-21-2014 at 04:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DezzTech
Rank Points: 327
Yes! Finally! I'm downloading already! (Come on internet, stop being so terrible)

Thank you for making my most favourite puzzle game series of all time! I liked all 4 of the main holds and I'm pretty sure I'm going to like The Second Sky more than all the previous 4 games combined! (I just hope I'm not setting my expectations unreasonably high)

06-21-2014 at 04:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Godot23
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
icon Re: The Second Sky is Falling! (0)  
SO EXCITED... MUST DOWNLOAD

MUST WAIT FOR DOWNLOAD TO FINISH

MUST PLAY RIVIARA WHILE WAITING FOR DOWNLOAD

:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t

My house is on fire
06-21-2014 at 04:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bombadil
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 509
Great!! :D Have a +10!

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to making TSS a reality. I am really looking forward to enjoying it.

It's been 7 years. Maybe someone at Caravel broke a mirror, but that doesn't matter now. The wait has been worth it (and I haven't even opened the game yet).

See you all around!

PS: We broke the record of number of people online, by more than 50%!!! From the 44 in TCB day to 67 today!

[Last edited by Bombadil at 06-21-2014 04:30 PM]
06-21-2014 at 04:29 PM
alienatedduck
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: The Second Sky is Falling! (+3)  
I actually just went to the shops on the basis that I knew it would be released whilst I was out.

I guess this is also my first post since I actually signed up to these forums 7 years ago.

Just waiting for it to download!
06-21-2014 at 04:32 PM
Elswyyr
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Quick question: Can I import all the holds I've got from DROD 4 into this, or do I need to redownload them? I know that I can export savefiles, but what about the actual hold files?
06-21-2014 at 04:40 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: The Second Sky is Falling! (+1)  
Those of you just joining us and having preordered the game should activate your free month of CaravelNet and join the in-game chat. It's... quite active at the moment.
Elswyyr wrote:
Quick question: Can I import all the holds I've got from DROD 4 into this, or do I need to redownload them? I know that I can export savefiles, but what about the actual hold files?
For now you will need to redownload them.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 06-21-2014 04:46 PM]
06-21-2014 at 04:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
I'm not intending to spoil the party, but when I run the Windows installer it just gives me a "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." message box. I already tried redownloading the installer and using the compatibility options. Neither of the two things helped. Do you have similar problems or does the installer work for you?

Note: I use Windows 7 64bit with German localization
06-21-2014 at 04:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Hrm. What is the size of your downloaded installer?

06-21-2014 at 04:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
billbuckner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
I have the same issue on Windows 8.1 64-bit. Source file is corrupt, already tried compatibility options, running as admin, and redownloading the installer.
06-21-2014 at 04:58 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
It is 396.771.929 Bytes large and named "DRODTSSSetup5_0_0_5923.exe".
06-21-2014 at 05:00 PM
Schik
Hrm. That is the wrong size. It should be 396,784,722. It's obviously working for most people, not sure what's happening for you.

06-21-2014 at 05:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
bkujala
Rank Points: 11
I got the corrupted message as well. It looks like my installer is too small, so I am downloading again.

EDIT: Worked! :thumbsup

[Last edited by bkujala at 06-21-2014 05:18 PM]
06-21-2014 at 05:09 PM
Elswyyr
Rank Points: 22
I just redownloaded every hold I had and imported every save. Unfortunately, I've lost my 100% mastery for every hold, it's some random percentage now. Even for JTRH, though my save has access to Dreamplane. Is this just some weirdness that'll fix itself? I'd really like to still be able to see the holds I've done completely.
EDIT: Looking at the save files again, some rooms have randomly switched to not being cleared. Not sure if this helps.
DOUBLEEDIT: This problem was caused by importing the Saves Only file, and not the complete player profile.

[Last edited by Elswyyr at 06-21-2014 05:43 PM]
06-21-2014 at 05:36 PM
adS
Rank Points: 214
I have received a confirmation that I have purchased TSS from orders@caravelgames.com.

But I have not received a link for the download.

adS

06-21-2014 at 06:10 PM
billbuckner
Rank Points: 57
edit: Redownloaded again, this time saving-as-file instead of running, and it worked. I also disabled Windows SmartScreen, as I have had issues with it interfering with installer files in the past.
06-21-2014 at 06:10 PM
Boris Carl Orff
Rank Points: 19
I too am running Windows 7, 64 with German localisation and I have downloaded and installed without any problems.

Setup Exe is named: DRODTSSSetup5_0_0_5923, and the size is 387,486kb.
06-21-2014 at 06:22 PM
Grizzly
Rank Points: 41
This is the best news of the whole day. Evaluating by the sheer size of the installer it must be a 50+ hour single-player campaign compared to the previous series sizes and my play-through times (and this is without all the post-mastery).
This will keep me very happy over the next weeks (or months? :-O).
Thank you very very much, all of you who made this possible! :)
06-21-2014 at 06:52 PM
mrimer
Thank you so much, everyone! We're so excited for this moment! Enjoy the game! :)

[Last edited by mrimer at 06-21-2014 07:08 PM]
06-21-2014 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
r0t1ns
I like Beethro's sleeping animation, nice detail ;)
06-21-2014 at 07:47 PM
rman
Rank Points: 371
Could someone remind me, is gentryii singular or plural? And whats the corresponding plural/singular for it?

Best quote ever (TSS ending spoiler):
Click here to view the secret text

06-21-2014 at 07:49 PM
WhaleEye
Rank Points: 10
Hey guys, I pre-ordered back in April, and since then my one month of CaravelNet has lapsed. Considering that, how do I go about downloading TSS today?

Thanks for any pointers, and happy delving to all!
06-21-2014 at 07:56 PM
DezzTech
Rank Points: 327
Hey guys, I pre-ordered back in April, and since then my one month of CaravelNet has lapsed. Considering that, how do I go about downloading TSS today?

Click on "Downloads" at the top of this page.

06-21-2014 at 09:02 PM
WhaleEye
Rank Points: 10
DezzTech wrote:

Click on "Downloads" at the top of this page.

Hah, I have forgotten the username that I used when I registered the purchase so that doesn't do it.
06-21-2014 at 09:11 PM
Schik
Heh. Well, the account you registered TSS with *has* CaravelNet, because all TSS purchasers got an extra month yesterday.

If you send me your email address you used, or your order number, I can look it up for you.

06-21-2014 at 10:04 PM
r0t1ns
WhaleEye wrote:
Hah, I have forgotten the username that I used when I registered the purchase so that doesn't do it.

If you made any post, you could try search for them.
06-21-2014 at 10:05 PM
Godot23
Rank Points: 114
This might have been asked already, and if so I'll delete this post as to prevent clutter, but is there anywhere you can buy Emmett's TSS soundtrack without having bought the bundle?

My house is on fire
06-21-2014 at 10:33 PM
mrimer
Sure. There are a lot of music sites out there selling the album. iTunes store, Amazon, ...

Just search for '"The Second Sky" music Emmett'.

06-21-2014 at 10:40 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
rman wrote:
Could someone remind me, is gentryii singular or plural? And whats the corresponding plural/singular for it?

Gentryii is a faux-Latin genitive singular of "Gentry". The full name Harpactognathus gentryii means "Snatching jaws of Gentry" -- in the real world it's a pterodactyl species, Mr Gentry being the discoverer.

So, when gentryii is used alone as a short form of the name, it's the same in singular and plural.

06-21-2014 at 10:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : The Second Sky is Falling! (Our news for June)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com