Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines: the revival thread (Fantasy 4X Strategy Game, now available on Steam!)
<<10111213
Page 14 of 15
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
wonkyth
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Re: Leylines: the revival thread (0)  
Hmm, much cleaner.
Looking forward to trying it out first hand. :)

But Nonsense Transforms it"
- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
08-07-2013 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Mystic
Rank Points: 18
Radiant wrote:
That's really odd, the ranged/armor icons should be placed with the exact same code as every other icon...
The magical melee and ranged icons do that too, as well as magical upkeep. In fact, there's a lot of funky goings-on with the graphics in windowed mode.

Here's a list of the most common bugs I've come across:
-The Manual, About, and option screens don't position the cursor correctly.
-The Energy and Chaos icons aren't displayed properly on any screen.
-On the main map screen, it snows only on the left side of the board during winter.
-On the main map screen, some of the spell effects are shown only on the left side of the board.
-The small map doesn't display on any screen, though the square on it is placed properly.

I suggest a playthrough or two in windowed mode, and you'll see what I mean. Also, for some strange reason, buildings that increase a city's sight radius to three have the added effect of decreasing its supply radius to about 1.5.

I currently run 32-bit WinXP in VirtualBox; 32- and 64-bit Win7 on my laptop and desktop, respectively; and WINE on 32-bit Linux Mint 14 MATE.

Click here to view the secret text

08-11-2013 at 07:24 AM
vultures
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
Hi there, all y'alls! Congrats to dev team on current progress, this game is a gem to embrace and a rolemodel for the growing open source, free software community.
However, I only downloaded it last night so I'm yet to find out about what's all the fuss with the big names on the Developers sheet. ;)
I've noticed quite a number of bug reports which is ever-fine, but there was that one that stood out mainly due to lack of resolvement. I understood, however, that it was due to some sort of an overhaul with the visuals, but than I knew I had the latest available version running.
I can enjoy Leylines in Windowed mode, but than I've got a piece of succumb-noodle too - there is a clear cursor bug within menus on the right side of the Main Menu. The cursor dissapears and all I can see is an oval shadow of a sort, but the real marking is offset to a variable number of pixels. There are some glitches with elements on the screen, also - when I'm viewing the Cast Spell menu within game the rightmost of the three runes is corrupted and lacks animation. All of the minimap is also gone, and this goes on irrelevant of the screen colour depth or the Details ON/OFF setting within the game menu.
The Full Screen version is complete, but utterly unplayable due to the screen flicker. It doesn't begin at the first glance of the Main Menu screen, but several seconds after. Same symptoms were there even with the Tutorial mode, with some dark-grey kind of a fill in the bottom-left part of the game map hidden with the Fog of War.
Just to point out, I'm playing this game on a vintage Intel PC with a 1280x1024 screen resolution, a stable GFX driver which've never failed me with older titles, roguelikes, SDL-powered opensource games nor any of the emulators I've tried. For that matter I'm running an XP.SP3 OS with next to zero eyecandy due to memory/hardware restrictions.

I hope you don't find all this complaint in vein, because the way I see it, those small glitches only prevent people to see this game the way you guys ment it to be; I'm sure you're all proud of your efforts as much as they made us, the players, happy.

10-18-2013 at 08:37 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Thank you for your comments. Once Heroine's Quest is finished, we'll get back to polishing Leylines.

10-21-2013 at 03:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Danjen02
Rank Points: 11
Oh, I only just noticed the graphical design. That's a really slick interface!

07-31-2015 at 09:11 AM
Fizzii
Rank Points: 22
Yeah, we've been doing some work on this lately :) Just got to finish up some smaller projects first before we'll show what we've been doing.
07-31-2015 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Early previews of the improved graphics in Leylines. Still more work to go with interfaces and graphics, but it's looking better already :)

01-28-2016 at 09:59 AM
Danjen02
Rank Points: 11
Ooh, pretty!

I hope it takes advantage of modern conventions and has things like borderless fullscreen (or at the very least not go fullscreen change resolution - you should be able to render at 800x600 and upscale it to whatever resolution you want trivially. It is 2016, after all)

04-06-2016 at 04:45 AM
Fizzii
We're accommodating multiple resolutions, yes :)

New graphics have been painted for 1920x1080 res, so no low res upscaling or stretching. I haven't seen what the fullscreen graphics look like automatically scaled down yet though, but on the main screens, the border will change size around the other graphics accordingly.

Art-wise, we're making good progress, and Radiant has been making improvements along the way.
04-06-2016 at 07:23 AM
Fizzii
More new screenshots:

08-21-2016 at 05:01 AM
Blake00
Rank Points: 10

File: _Website.png (1.7 MB)
Downloaded 21 times.
License: Public Domain
I love the new look guys. Very excited about the remake of this project! I never got around to playing the old one as the graphics put me off a bit lol, but now it's looking very nice!

Radiant you may remember me as the guy who runs the QFG Fan Games Page that tributes your awesome Heroine's Quest project and your old Glorious Quest project (which I think you emailed me about years ago?).

Well I run a Master of Magic Fan Games page too so naturally Leylines has been tributed! :)

blakessanctum.x10.mx/Games/MoM/

[Last edited by Blake00 at 04-21-2018 09:26 AM : fixing dead link]
11-28-2016 at 06:42 AM
Ce Tecpatl
By the grace of Gods, please, just make it real, just make it live!
How things are going, are there some news?

12-04-2016 at 02:30 PM
Fizzii
We're making good progress with testing, and intend to put it onto Steam Greenlight in the near future :)
12-04-2016 at 07:52 PM
Rodor
Any plan of DRM-free release (GOG, Humble or something alike)?
12-07-2016 at 01:02 PM
Radiant
Rodor wrote:

It is notoriously difficult to get any indie game onto GOG or Humble; they've both declined Heroine's Quest as well. So we cannot guarantee anything here.

12-07-2016 at 01:36 PM
Rodor
Radiant wrote:
Rodor wrote:

It is notoriously difficult to get any indie game onto GOG or Humble; they've both declined Heroine's Quest as well. So we cannot guarantee anything here.

Well, being an active GOG user and judging by present GOG politics (i.e. releasing a real TON of low-quality indie trash, not TRASH as it is in Steam:D but trash nevertheless), I'd say that there are some minimal chances for a decent game. But TBH it seems to me more and more often in these days that the secret of entering the GOG catalogue is closer to bribery than to quality...:P
In any case it would be a real loss for me personally not to have an opportunity to buy such a game DRM-free, 'cause I don't use Steam at all, and any of similar client-based services too:|

[Last edited by Rodor at 12-07-2016 06:28 PM]
12-07-2016 at 06:27 PM
Fizzii
To clarify further, the game will at least be available on Itch.io, which is a DRM free distributor. We just can't guarantee a GOG release until we approach them and get an answer from them.
12-07-2016 at 06:49 PM
Fizzii
Trailer:

12-22-2016 at 09:02 PM
Fizzii
Leylines is now on Steam Greenlight. Please help us out and vote for it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=823206975
01-08-2017 at 10:50 PM
Ce Tecpatl
On the game page on Steam the release date is August 02. Aaaaand?-_-

08-14-2017 at 05:06 PM
Radiant
Please have some patience with us. Because of the availability of certain key people, we decided to finish up A Tale of Two Kingdoms first, before returning to Leylines. Stay tuned!

08-25-2017 at 06:23 PM
Vissavald
Lads and lasses, take whatever time you need, just finish it, please. I can't remebemer a game I wait for so much like this for the last ten years (maybe longer).

And please, don't leave and drop it after launch as it becomes usual amongst modern developers. It deserves a long and successful gaming life, I can see.
08-26-2017 at 05:53 PM
Vissavald
Any news from magical fronts?
12-05-2017 at 04:05 PM
Fizzii
Radiant will probably get back into it in the new year; work (both for him and me) tends to get busy towards the end of the year as people try to wrap things up. Got to do a few more checks/fixes on A Tale of Two Kingdoms too.
12-06-2017 at 10:57 PM
Liosliath
Please, don't say that there will be no WinXP support...

I know, I know, "Microsoft ceased to support it because blah-blah-blah" but I still has WinXP on my gameplaying desktop (I do not play modern AAA games).
03-17-2018 at 04:18 PM
Radiant
Well I'm not promising that we'll officially support it, but at least technically there is no reason why it wouldn't work, as long as you've got the right version of DirectX installed. The game intentionally uses broadly-applicable media libraries.

03-17-2018 at 08:53 PM
Liosliath
Ugh, you just saved my day!

No need of official support, of course ;)

Any vaaague landmarks for releasing day, maybe?
03-18-2018 at 06:54 AM
Blake00
Any new pics? needs something new to drool over haha

Plus all the old ones are getting photobucket hosting errors (bastards did the same thing to me).

04-21-2018 at 09:28 AM
Radiant
Well, here's a picture for you:

I appreciate that people are still asking after this. Truth be told it's been a rough couple months. The project is still ongoing of course, I'm hoping to wrap it up in the next couple months. We'll keep you posted as soon as I have more info.

04-29-2018 at 03:07 PM
Liosliath
Radiant wrote:

I appreciate that people are still asking after this. Truth be told it's been a rough couple months.

If our hopes and best wishes can help so take 'em.

Devs like you are the solitary sun rays in our days of degenerating game "industry" (what a word! Such a tristful way gone from an Art to a mere industry)... So hold on!
05-05-2018 at 09:29 AM
<<10111213
Page 14 of 15
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines: the revival thread (Fantasy 4X Strategy Game, now available on Steam!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com