Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : A Tale of Two Kingdoms (An epic faerie tale adventure game, Deluxe Edition now released.)
<<6789
Page 10 of 10
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nowhere Girl
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms (0)  
Sorry to complain, but I really can't find a "walkthrough walkthrough". Only achievements, maps and such stuff...
12-26-2017 at 12:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Sorry, I see there's the points list which indicates what you'd need to do but not how to do it. The old walkthrough is outdated and needs an update. Apparently some fans are working on it so hopefully we see something soon.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or need hints, feel free to ask here :)

[Last edited by Fizzii at 12-26-2017 11:43 PM]
12-26-2017 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nowhere Girl
Still, removing the old walkthrough was a mistake because there are still people playing the old version. It should be brought back with a notice that it will only work right for the old version.
12-27-2017 at 01:35 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Nowhere Girl wrote:
Still, removing the old walkthrough was a mistake because there are still people playing the old version. It should be brought back with a notice that it will only work right for the old version.

What you call the "old version" is officially deprecated and not supported any more. We've spent quite a lot of effort in improving graphics, dialogue, and the intro sequence (not to mention the voice pack), so obviously we want people to play the current build.

12-27-2017 at 09:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jamus4
(please read the previous post)

[Last edited by Radiant at 01-08-2018 03:20 PM]
01-08-2018 at 03:01 PM
eriktorbjorn
Radiant wrote:
(It also has a Linux icon, but I assume that version won't be added until later?)
It's in beta.

I was able to download a Linux version from my Humble Library back in December 8 (according to the file date), but when I look there now only the Windows version (which was updated on February 17) is available. What happened to it? It's not still in beta, is it?

03-01-2018 at 05:38 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Let me check what's going on there, there should be a full linux version on Humble.

03-02-2018 at 09:43 AM
eriktorbjorn
Radiant wrote:
Let me check what's going on there, there should be a full linux version on Humble.

Did you find out anything? Or is the problem with my personal Humble library, so I should contact them about it?
03-09-2018 at 05:59 AM
Radiant
I believe the issue has been resolved; please try again and let us know if it works for you. I believe it was caused by Humble rejecting files with the same name as an existing file. Thank you for your patience :blush

[Last edited by Radiant at 03-09-2018 09:13 PM]
03-09-2018 at 09:12 PM
eriktorbjorn
Radiant wrote:
I believe the issue has been resolved; please try again and let us know if it works for you. I believe it was caused by Humble rejecting files with the same name as an existing file. Thank you for your patience :blush

It does indeed work now. The Linux version shows up, both in the library and under purchases. I seem to have this uncanny gift of always asking followup questions right before an issue gets resolved. :)
03-10-2018 at 07:28 AM
Heroinefan
Rank Points: 12
Replayed it problem is Fairy queen has no teeth and her mouth opens to wide. Useely has Jerry curls and HQ dark elves are not scary...The dark fae are supposed to be horrifying like in the first version. Keeping in mind nether fae are really human and don't reflect human races even if the land dose.

Dark just means like black magic, its not literal.:lol

I find the second interpretation amusing though, not scary but funny. Re-name him Token. Lol

Things like in the first version work best, only character totally changed, so cant relate, now the words don't fit the guy, think Red caps and stuff, like in horror novels. For the dark fae.

I wish I knew how to put any of the updates in, without re-buying it from itchy, or Itachi or wherever I bought it off of your page when it first came out.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 06-27-2018 01:39 AM]
06-27-2018 at 01:34 AM
Radiant
Heroinefan wrote: HQ dark elves are not scary...The dark fae are supposed to be horrifying like in the first version.
Svartalfar are not at all the same as Unseelie. I'm not sure what first version you're referring to?

Both are master shapeshifters and/or illusionists so they can appear pretty much however they please. However in the source material, the natural shape of a Svartalf is pretty much humanoid. The base form of an Unseelie, well that depends wildly on what source you're looking at, but in most fairy tales they're also pretty much humanoid, and depicting them as actual eldritch abominations is more the style for modern dark/gothic/horror stories. And I might just write such a story at some point, but ATOTK is more the High Fantasy genre.

07-08-2018 at 07:31 PM
Heroinefan
Radiant wrote:
Heroinefan wrote: HQ dark elves are not scary...The dark fae are supposed to be horrifying like in the first version.
Svartalfar are not at all the same as Unseelie. I'm not sure what first version you're referring to?

Both are master shapeshifters and/or illusionists so they can appear pretty much however they please. However in the source material, the natural shape of a Svartalf is pretty much humanoid. The base form of an Unseelie, well that depends wildly on what source you're looking at, but in most fairy tales they're also pretty much humanoid, and depicting them as actual eldritch abominations is more the style for modern dark/gothic/horror stories. And I might just write such a story at some point, but ATOTK is more the High Fantasy genre.

Non VA original ATOTK, he was scary, not like a elf but an undead looking dark creature, like you would think, only lacking pointy ears, now he looks silly.

Like a curly haired Svartalfar, that is my point, they are not the same. He was always humanoid though.

Thing is, He was scary, intimidating, now he makes me laugh talking in the same way but looking silly.

The new one as I saw him last year, was like a Svartalfar in a impersonator parody outfit complete with wig, costume.
12-03-2018 at 11:18 PM
Radiant
Right. Well he's not intentionally silly, but he was never intended to be horrifying either. Paradoxically, arguably Arawn is a better person than Nimwe is...

12-18-2018 at 07:42 PM
Heroinefan
Radiant wrote:
Right. Well he's not intentionally silly, but he was never intended to be horrifying either. Paradoxically, arguably Arawn is a better person than Nimwe is...

I'm a purist in fantasy, relatively young, but not Neo-liberal even if I were a traditional liberal...only mind you, in my opinion,and not to presume:

Good Games like this ''I would buy it again'' should be about the story, as period, genre pieces, more or less like a serious grimms fairy tale.

Not to prop up current social ''myths''. {great game though) a work of art.

He was indeed, as you say, arguably more virtuous from the pov of the main character, if not from the pov of there own society...but I personally saw no need to revamp his entire look to suit fleeting, main stream, pop culture opinion.

Sigh: I might as well be speaking Romulan or Aztec. I know. I know, but we do try.

PS: Also the undead look was just really badass and scary.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 02-25-2019 11:50 PM]
02-25-2019 at 11:47 PM
Blue Jay
Rank Points: 11
Hi everyone,

I just started playing ATOTK for the first time. I see people have been looking for a walkthrough a while ago, but there wasn't one anymore. Has this ever been resolved? I couldn't find a walkthrough anywhere and obviously it would be nice to have one.

Great game so far, by the way!
05-01-2020 at 07:50 PM
Radiant
Thank you!

If you need hints, the best place to ask is probably the Steam group, it has more people watching than this forum. Generally speaking, walkthroughs and guides are written by fans on Steam, as well.

05-01-2020 at 08:02 PM
Blue Jay
Got it.

Some of the voices sound familiar. Same crew as on Heroine's Quest?
05-01-2020 at 08:39 PM
Radiant
Not fully the same crew, but we did invite people we worked with earlier to the auditions.

05-03-2020 at 06:25 AM
Blue Jay
So, can I ask you one general question? I don't want to check the Steam forum for this, I might run into spoilers.

I'm pretty early in the game, just became the prime suspect in the assassination of the king and it doesn't look good for me. While I'm delighted to find myself in the middle of a murder investigation, I'm also wondering which way to solve this?

What I mean is:
My first thought, for example, was that Rhiannon did it. She is the heir and I just sat through a dinner where we she was being put down a lot. But then I thought, if Rhiannon wanted to get rid of her father, surely she could have arranged for him to fall off the balcony, or drink poisoned wine, or die some other way that wasn’t so obviously murder?

And then I thought that this sort of mundane, logical way of thinking may be the wrong approach here. It is an adventure game, after all, and it wouldn't be the first time I got stuck on a puzzle because I was totally overthinking it.

So, can you point me in a direction? Is it a good idea to be all like "What questions would Cormoran Strike ask", or am I overthinking?
05-03-2020 at 07:53 PM
Radiant
Yes, that's a good question.

Click here to view the secret text

05-04-2020 at 11:48 AM
Blue Jay
05-05-2020 at 01:16 PM
<<6789
Page 10 of 10
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : A Tale of Two Kingdoms (An epic faerie tale adventure game, Deluxe Edition now released.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com