Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : A Tale of Two Kingdoms (An epic faerie tale adventure game, Deluxe Edition now released.)
<<5678
Page 9 of 10
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Heroinefan
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms (0)  
Fizzii wrote:
New update

We are pleased to announce that we are officially working on a deluxe version of A Tale of Two Kingdoms!

A Tale of Two Kingdoms is a graphical adventure in the style of the classic Sierra games. Set in the world of Celtic mythology and fairy tales, it features many sidequests and alternate endings. For this new release, we are doing a Deluxe Edition with a new interactive prologue, several graphic updates, and professional voice acting.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861490245 (web link)

Tell me true, darlings do,How many days until I can buy it?

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 10-31-2017 07:41 AM]
10-31-2017 at 07:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
How many days until I can buy it?

0, apparently.

Available: October 31
This game will unlock in approximately 14 hours
10-31-2017 at 03:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
The deluxe version of A Tale of Two Kingdoms is now available for purchase!

It is 15% off on Steam, and non-Steam copies are available from Itch and Humble Store. Please support us and spread the word!

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/603870/A_Tale_of_Two_Kingdoms/
Itch.IO: https://radiant.itch.io/two-kingdoms
Humble Store: https://www.humblebundle.com/g/atotk
10-31-2017 at 11:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
On steam the "read manual" link shows twice for me.
11-01-2017 at 04:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fizzii
Hmm, I had a look in the back end and I can't find anything that triggers this. Might be a Steam quirk (Radiant should be able to confirm when he's online since he has slightly more permissions than me).
11-01-2017 at 04:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ConjurerDragon
Rank Points: 13
On the stam page the system minimum requirements are
"MINIMUM:
Betriebssystem: Windows Vista or newer
Prozessor: Intel or AMD CPU
Arbeitsspeicher: 256 MB RAM
Grafik: DirectX compatible card
DirectX: Version 9.0
Speicherplatz: 400 MB verfügbarer Speicherplatz
Soundkarte: DirectX compatible sound card
Zusätzliche Anmerkungen: Mouse, keyboard, or controller"

Is Windows Vista a hard requirement in that e.g. Windows XP will not work? Or is it a soft requirement like "might work as it contains technically nothing that would prevent it, but we are not trying to test it for such an old OS"?

11-01-2017 at 07:07 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
ConjurerDragon wrote: Is Windows Vista a hard requirement in that e.g. Windows XP will not work? Or is it a soft requirement like "might work as it contains technically nothing that would prevent it, but we are not trying to test it for such an old OS"?
The latter. It probably works anyway :)

11-01-2017 at 08:20 AM
Radiant
Fizzii wrote:
Hmm, I had a look in the back end and I can't find anything that triggers this. Might be a Steam quirk (Radiant should be able to confirm when he's online since he has slightly more permissions than me).

There's probably an automatic link and an explicit one, I'll check.

11-01-2017 at 08:56 AM
ConjurerDragon
Fizzii wrote:
The deluxe version of A Tale of Two Kingdoms is now available for purchase!
Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/603870/A_Tale_of_Two_Kingdoms/
.../quote]

Can I see anywhere on the Steam shoppage that this is the deluxe version and not the normal version?
11-01-2017 at 09:04 AM
Radiant
jdyer wrote:
On steam the "read manual" link shows twice for me.
Thanks, I've fixed this.

ConjurerDragon wrote: Can I see anywhere on the Steam shoppage that this is the deluxe version and not the normal version?
Yes, as the page states, "This release is a Deluxe Edition with a new interactive prologue, several graphic updates, and professional voice acting."

11-01-2017 at 06:21 PM
ConjurerDragon
Radiant wrote:
ConjurerDragon wrote: Can I see anywhere on the Steam shoppage that this is the deluxe version and not the normal version?
Yes, as the page states, "This release is a Deluxe Edition with a new interactive prologue, several graphic updates, and professional voice acting."

Ah, I found it. Not in the title or the the short description right next to the picture where I first looked, but below the reviews as the third sentence to "about this game". :rolleyes

Is there a reason that despite the name "A tale of two Kingdoms" the game is sorted under T and not A in the Steam library - or if that is intended that the games name is not "Tale of two Kingdoms"?
11-01-2017 at 09:37 PM
Radiant
ConjurerDragon wrote: Is there a reason that despite the name "A tale of two Kingdoms" the game is sorted under T and not A in the Steam library - or if that is intended that the games name is not "Tale of two Kingdoms"?

Steam does that automatically with anything starting with "A " or "The ".

11-01-2017 at 09:41 PM
ConjurerDragon
Radiant wrote:
ConjurerDragon wrote: Is there a reason that despite the name "A tale of two Kingdoms" the game is sorted under T and not A in the Steam library - or if that is intended that the games name is not "Tale of two Kingdoms"?

Steam does that automatically with anything starting with "A " or "The ".

Why not "Auld Tale of Two Kingdoms"? ::cool
11-01-2017 at 09:57 PM
Radiant
We'll take a cup of kindness to that.

11-01-2017 at 10:27 PM
eriktorbjorn
Rank Points: 10
Fizzii wrote:
It is 15% off on Steam, and non-Steam copies are available from Itch and Humble Store. Please support us and spread the word!

Just out of curiosity... The Humble Store page has a Steam icon, which I took to mean that it includes both the non-Steam version and a Steam key. That doesn't seem to be the case. An oversight, or did I just misinterpret it?

(It also has a Linux icon, but I assume that version won't be added until later?)

11-02-2017 at 06:35 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
eriktorbjorn wrote:
Just out of curiosity... The Humble Store page has a Steam icon, which I took to mean that it includes both the non-Steam version and a Steam key. That doesn't seem to be the case. An oversight, or did I just misinterpret it?
Surprisingly, I have been unable to find any documentation on how to get this to work, and Humble's own page describing it doesn't exist any more. I'll remove the icon for now.

(It also has a Linux icon, but I assume that version won't be added until later?)
It's in beta.

11-02-2017 at 07:15 AM
eriktorbjorn
Radiant wrote:
Surprisingly, I have been unable to find any documentation on how to get this to work, and Humble's own page describing it doesn't exist any more. I'll remove the icon for now.

Thanks for the clarification.
11-02-2017 at 09:18 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Heroinefan
You did not just voice act it all you changed the diolouge to be less witty and eloquent, and in some places changed the feeling of the conversations. The witty banter between the princess and white blade for one is gone.

The feeling I have now that I did not before is a sympathy for Vortigan, and my player character feels like a self righteous intruding a hole who should not be talking to the princess, like a creep, in fact.

Before it seemed political, less intimate. Maybe it was the prologue it was hard to say. Vortigans men all being cowards is a bit much as well. I don't like feeling that way about the characters.

I don't know I'll keep playing, just letting you know the feel of the characters seems to have been reinvented.

They seemed dumbed down. You should no t have changed the lines, voice acted yes, but not changed. You can effect the meaning and charcter with few words easier than one might think.

Maybe I will like some of the later changes who knows?

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 11-03-2017 03:45 PM]
11-03-2017 at 03:42 PM
Fizzii
I don't recall any real witty banter between the princess and Maeldun. The dialogue has been changed to remove the Olde English used for most of the characters, save Nimwe and Arawn, but it's otherwise the same.

I will note that the general feel of the voices may make the characters come across differently... That's more because it's easy to get an idea in your head of how a character should sound, just by reading the dialogue.

If you keep playing, the game should become closer to the original, so give it a chance :)
11-04-2017 at 07:38 AM
Heroinefan
Fizzii wrote:
I don't recall any real witty banter between the princess and Maeldun. The dialogue has been changed to remove the Olde English used for most of the characters, save Nimwe and Arawn, but it's otherwise the same.

I will note that the general feel of the voices may make the characters come across differently... That's more because it's easy to get an idea in your head of how a character should sound, just by reading the dialogue.

If you keep playing, the game should become closer to the original, so give it a chance :)

Starting to enjoy, love that branwyn hugged and kissed maladan after he escaped castle and swam back. Brought a feeling of conformation haplessness and heat to my face. I'm continuing right after that, will update when done with each chapter. I am taking my time to mete it out in small bites for further enjoyment and chewing slowly. Making the game last.
11-05-2017 at 07:21 PM
Radiant
If you take any writer and ask him to republish an older work, then yes he's going to want to change his lines. I do believe I'm a better writer now than I was ten years ago. And that means that some of my older text makes me go "hmm, nope". :thumbsup

11-06-2017 at 11:04 AM
Heroinefan
Radiant wrote:
If you take any writer and ask him to republish an older work, then yes he's going to want to change his lines. I do believe I'm a better writer now than I was ten years ago. And that means that some of my older text makes me go "hmm, nope". :thumbsup

The pooka's less cute, and I see Jarl yelfing crossed over and took possession of Girants body. That man must talk that way irl, fascinating.

The dark creepy useelee Lord is now a bodybuilder alf from hq. He looked true occult before, like something you would not want to run up on in the night. I would have gave him pointer ears but thats all.

The fae queen looks like she has a mouth problem going on there, unless this was intended to inspire certain fanart. Ahemm.

Still its really fun, however, not as much a fan of the new pooka or Uselee lord so far. Still there is the older version of the game.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 11-07-2017 01:18 PM]
11-07-2017 at 01:17 PM
iressivor
Any plans to distribute this game on GOG as well?
11-10-2017 at 04:08 PM
Radiant
iressivor wrote:
Any plans to distribute this game on GOG as well?

We'd be happy to, but GOG has declined the game, believing it is too much of a niche market.

11-10-2017 at 08:02 PM
M-Joy
Has anyone else noticed the walkthrough is down? whenever I click on it it redirects to ATOTK's page on Crystal Shard. I don't love using the walkthrough but I'm really stuck and I could use some help. (I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the self bored stone)
11-29-2017 at 12:58 AM
Fizzii
We need to update the walkthrough.

I'm really stuck and I could use some help. (I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the self bored stone)
Do you know who has the stone?
Click here to view the secret text

Is there anything you can help him with?

11-29-2017 at 10:09 PM
M-Joy
Getting into Havgan in disguise...

12-20-2017 at 06:04 PM
Fizzii
M-Joy wrote:
Getting into Havgan in disguise...
I assume you're talking about Branwyn?

12-24-2017 at 03:22 AM
Nowhere Girl
I also think I need to refer to a walkthrough, but it's not available. Why not keep the old versions for people playing the old version?
12-26-2017 at 01:10 AM
Fizzii
Nowhere Girl wrote:
I also think I need to refer to a walkthrough, but it's not available. Why not keep the old versions for people playing the old version?
There is a walkthrough on Steam if you need to look through it.
12-26-2017 at 02:55 AM
<<5678
Page 9 of 10
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : A Tale of Two Kingdoms (An epic faerie tale adventure game, Deluxe Edition now released.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com