Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : MetDROiD Echoes (“The story is more absorbing than Prime... G serves up another monster of a hold” – The Dugandy Telegraph)
Page 4 of 10
5678>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (+1)  
I already reported that, and the new version has it fixed.

EDIT: Okay, I think I'll probably stop here for the night. I am at the Spider Ball Guardian, and despite knowing I beat it before last version, I can't do it right now. I am on the last section, and I do know that you can only stop up one section, if you do any more it will close down.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Onward ho!

EDIT: Okay, now I'm really stuck. I;m at the bomb training room. I can either die at the lest set of bombs or be too slow. Which is better?

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-12-2006 02:46 AM]
06-12-2006 at 12:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (0)  
geomatrx wrote:
Hikari wrote:
Speaking of Maguig's Desert 2S2E... Once I did that room, I've found myself kinda stuck back there. I have no clue where I'm supposed to go and I can't get any farther x_X Where's that lovely hint thing that was in Samus's ship in MetDROiD Prime when it's needed...? ;)
Well the hint system here is the part where you collect items and go through a staircase journey. The one that will make the most progress (usually leading to another item) is marked with !!.
Hee... Yeah, I got that much. My actual problem's that I *went* through the room I got told to by the !!, but then got stuck at 1S2E and can't get any farther. I've gone back and checked through restore, and I've done every room I've seen so far in the stairways. It *almost* looks like I'm supposed to be getting the mimic potion ability thing in order to get any farther, but I can't figure out where *that* is hiding.

EDIT: Ah, there we go, the ol' "post what you're actually *stuck* on and immediately find the answer" method... ^^;;

[Last edited by Hikari at 06-12-2006 03:41 AM]
06-12-2006 at 03:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
geomatrx
Rank Points: 339
Ezlo wrote:
...now I'm really stuck. I;m at the bomb training room. I can either die at the lest set of bombs or be too slow. Which is better?
Click here to view the secret text

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)
06-12-2006 at 09:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo

File: Blow up.demo (3.9 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
License: Public Domain
Okay, I really can't seem to do it. This is the first room I've REALLY had trouble on. Not just think I did.

Edit: Here's a demo.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-12-2006 01:55 PM]
06-12-2006 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
This is one room where efficiency is key. I can't see the demo (im at work), but here are some suggestions.

MetDROiD Echoes

[Last edited by geomatrx at 06-12-2006 02:01 PM]
06-12-2006 at 02:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo

File: More Blow-Uppy Goodness.demo (4 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
Okay, now I am one move short.
06-12-2006 at 02:35 PM
geomatrx
I can't see the demos. Where you blowing up?

MetDROiD Echoes
06-12-2006 at 02:44 PM
Ezlo
West? On the first fuse?? Okay. I'll try that. I keep blowing up three squares south of the orb.
06-12-2006 at 02:47 PM
Ezlo
Still not working. Almost the exact same thing happens. I'll just wait until you get home. See you then!
06-12-2006 at 02:53 PM
geomatrx

File: Bomb Training Victory.demo (3.9 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
Ha ha! You were sooo close...
You will kick yourself when you see the solution...

MetDROiD Echoes
06-12-2006 at 06:34 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Oh... I can't even do the first roach horde room...

How do you do Temple Gardens 5S?

06-12-2006 at 11:08 PM
geomatrx
one way is

MetDROiD Echoes
06-12-2006 at 11:43 PM
Ezlo
Man! You might want to add a few hints there! Best puzzle yet! :D
06-12-2006 at 11:54 PM
Tim
I agree that room needs some hints. I'm much further now, at the desert!

But erm, why are there still secret rooms without texts? Are those intentional? Or are you still working on them?
06-13-2006 at 12:38 AM
Ezlo
I actually meant the puzzle that I was stuck on, but the one in the gardens is good as well. I was thinking adding to the scroll in the bomb room, something around the lines of "Stay ahead of the bombs at all times."
06-13-2006 at 02:21 AM
Ezlo
Winter Factory Sence North Once East, you have west and east mixed up. West is left, East is right.
06-13-2006 at 02:54 AM
geomatrx
Tim wrote:
I agree that room needs some hints. I'm much further now, at the desert!

But erm, why are there still secret rooms without texts? Are those intentional? Or are you still working on them?

I might re-visit thoughs roach rooms - make them a little easier. I was going to leave those other secret rooms blank, but it would improve the hold if they did have text as well... I still need to architect these rooms properly.

g

MetDROiD Echoes
06-13-2006 at 10:13 AM
Ezlo
There seems to be no way to reach the key in the dark hall of combat masterey room. All the crumbly walls don't seem to go where they should!

BTW 75% secrets found!

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-13-2006 12:45 PM]
06-13-2006 at 12:44 PM
geomatrx
Ezlo wrote:
There seems to be no way to reach the key in the dark hall of combat masterey room. All the crumbly walls don't seem to go where they should!

BTW 75% secrets found!
I can assure you, I have not made changes to that room... and I found it.

MetDROiD Echoes
06-13-2006 at 01:35 PM
Ezlo
Okay, I;ll look one more time.

In King Armin's Fort Once South Twice East there is an unreachable spider. If the room isn't meant to be clearable, at least make it not required.
06-13-2006 at 01:48 PM
Ezlo
Okay, I really give up. I'm assuming that it's not even in those two rooms, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere else. And I don't want to look around everywhere. Hint? Please? :(

EDIT: YOU ARE EVIL! EVIL I SAY! PURE..... EVIL!!!

I see where I need to go, I just need to get there now. Did I mention you are evil? :P

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-13-2006 02:05 PM]
06-13-2006 at 01:55 PM
Ezlo

File: Death to Me.demo (4.4 KB)
Downloaded 38 times.
Okay, after trying this for about an hour or so, here's my best shot of the first room of The Pit. Any pointers you can point me at?
06-13-2006 at 04:35 PM
geomatrx
Have you to The Pit already (collected all keys in Dungeon Cells entrance???
06-13-2006 at 04:46 PM
Ezlo
Okay, just let me know when you upload it. Right now I'm looking for more secrets. I really like the greckle reactor! And the Quadrix battle was really well done!
06-13-2006 at 04:54 PM
Ezlo
99 secrets found. Can't wait for Emporer Ing!
06-13-2006 at 07:47 PM
geomatrx
I've uploaded a new hold version (1.2).
This will allow you to climb the final stairs to glory ;)

How long did it take you?

g

MetDROiD Echoes
06-13-2006 at 08:29 PM
Ezlo
Okay, here are my stats.

Moves: 209213
Kills: 19845
Deaths: 746
Time: 15:34:08
Secrets Found: 0

It seems to have reseted my secret count. I was at 99 too. :~( What's behind the master wall! Now I will never know!

EDIT: I forgot to say, if I was rating it now, and assuming that Emporer Ing and Dark Samus are as good as the rest, I'd give this hold a 9.6 and a difficulty rating of I don't quite know yet.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-13-2006 08:39 PM]
06-13-2006 at 08:37 PM
geomatrx
The unklucky.
Can't you restore to you last secret?

MetDROiD Echoes
06-13-2006 at 08:42 PM
Ezlo
I just tried that, about half my secrets are missing, even some of the upgrade rooms. I guess I'll have to try every secret again. Was there anything behind the master wall, or just empty space? You think, maybe, you could e-mail me a copy with the master wall open? :blush

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-13-2006 08:45 PM]
06-13-2006 at 08:45 PM
Tim
I am wondering how to enter the secret room in the M Desert 3S1W. It won't let me.

It that intentional?
06-14-2006 at 12:42 AM
Page 4 of 10
5678>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : MetDROiD Echoes (“The story is more absorbing than Prime... G serves up another monster of a hold” – The Dugandy Telegraph)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com