Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Map change
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon Map change (0)  
Currently, walls are black and other obstacles (rocks, bushes, etc.) are grey. I suggest having the obstacles black and crumbly walls grey. Possibly known secret walls also.

01-15-2006 at 07:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
IP: Logged
icon Re: Map change (0)  
Hmmm... known might get a little fuzzy on this, if you use checkpoints or restoration. Making crumbly walls grey seems nice, I think I'd rather leave the secret bits secret on the map though, even if you've found them. If they bother you too much, because of poor vision for instance, you can always just edit their graphics, right?

Another map change that I think would be nice though... change either the color on the map of unsolved levels or of trapdoors (maybe make trapdoors brown?) On rooms full of trapdoors, I often can't tell if I've cleared them or not without visiting them again, because the trapdoor color is too similar.

01-16-2006 at 03:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Map change
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com