Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The the ?
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
IP: Logged
icon Re: The the ? (+2)  
sorry for the bump, but I couldn't resist adding this:
  _|_|_|                                                                    
_|          _|_|_|  _|_|_|  _|_|      _|_|          _|_|    _|_|_|          
_|  _|_|  _|    _|  _|    _|    _|  _|_|_|_|      _|    _|  _|    _|        
_|    _|  _|    _|  _|    _|    _|  _|            _|    _|  _|    _|        
  _|_|_|    _|_|_|  _|    _|    _|    _|_|_|        _|_|    _|    _|    _|  
                                                                      _|    

02-17-2006 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: The the ? (+5)  
I've just discovered that this is in fact not the first time that Neil's had his copyright infringed!

I thought I remembered seeing this happen before, although I couldn't think where, so I did a search for it and found this. Obviously we are indeed doing the right thing by impersonating (although the goal may be a little obscure as yet). Just keep up the good work; I'm sure we'll get rewarded eventually.

Impersonate on,

-- The Oneiromancer Impersonator :onei Schik: "Umm.. it's a... uh... one eye romancer impersonating another. <Ducks for cover>"

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 11-09-2006 05:28 PM : As before, appearance is everything.]
02-22-2006 at 11:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: The the ? (0)  
I'll take that as the sincerest form of flattery I am sure it is meant to be. :D

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-22-2006 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: The the ? (+1)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
I'll take that as the sincerest form of flattery I am sure it is meant to be. :D

Game on,
Yeah. I happened to spot your "Lyric Quote 'tag'" posts and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to bring the subject up. As I'd also been listening to Dreamsleep, and remembered you saying I can't quote the songs unless I'd listened to them, I suddenly had the inspiration to impersonate you. Indeed, I was being sincere, so I'm glad you interpreted it that way; I enjoy reading your posts, and consider you someone I respect very highly. Also, you are a dev on the TCB team, and a moderator with unlimited mod points

Flatter on,

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 02-22-2006 11:31 PM]
02-22-2006 at 11:30 PM
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
In general, sentences ending in a preposition are thought to be bad grammar, though that connotation is fading. So if every single post on a message board ends in a preposition, what does that say about you?

Onwards game,

02-23-2006 at 12:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Swivel wrote:
In general, sentences ending in a preposition are thought to be bad grammar, though that connotation is fading. So if every single post on a message board ends in a preposition, what does that say about you?

Onwards game,

On isn't a preposition in "game on", it's a particle (as opposed to the sentence "what did you game on?" where it is a preposition and prescriptive grammar would prefer "On what did you game?")

[Last edited by eytanz at 02-23-2006 12:57 PM]
02-23-2006 at 12:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
As long as "Carry on" is considered to be acceptable, then I think I should be okay too. ;)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-23-2006 at 03:29 PM
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
I hereby award this topic the
**Pinnacle Tangent Award**
for going Furthest Off Topic.

Diverge on,

02-23-2006 at 07:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
I never knew that such an award existed. Can I create my own award? I mean, if the
the forum recognizes it to be an award, I guess that it is one.

That’s Swivel, bringing the thread back on topic.

(And I was joking about the “Onwards game” thing. I’ve always thought that the “on” in “Game on” was an adverb.)

Electr on,
02-23-2006 at 08:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: The the ? (+5)  
Ooh! Ooh! I want an award too!

Rock on,
"Dreams aren't what they used to be" -- The Killers, Smile Like You Mean It
-- The Oneeyeromancer. :onei Schik: "Umm.. it's a... uh... Oneiromancer. <Ducks for cover>"

[Last edited by gamer_extreme_101 at 02-25-2006 12:51 AM]
02-23-2006 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
That's just unfair! You can all award yourselves! :P

Switch on,

02-23-2006 at 09:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226

File: Gameon.ogg (17 KB)
Downloaded 87 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: The the ? (+3)  
...We should have a real contest for the best and most ingenious Oneiromancer impersonation ;)

Game On,

[Last edited by Doom at 02-23-2006 09:41 PM]
02-23-2006 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Jeez, audio now? If you want inspiration for an audio version of "Game on," try Wayne's World. ;)

...now I'm getting self conscious about it...

Game on,

02-23-2006 at 09:45 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Neil's world! Neil's world! Game on! Excellent!

02-24-2006 at 12:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chalks
Rank Points: 267
The the?
I found something VERY interesting.... notice what's missing:
Oneiromancer wrote:
Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our four...no... Amongst our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise....

I'll come in again.
found here.

strange one,
02-28-2006 at 01:58 AM
Oneiromancer
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=1598&page=0#10588 might interest you as well then. :P I am sure there are others, but with 4655 posts, I don't exactly remember them all.

Wow...4655...I think only Erik's ahead of me...he has 15 more until 5000!

Game on,

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 02-28-2006 02:03 AM]
02-28-2006 at 02:01 AM
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
Oneiromancer wrote:
Wow...4655...I think only Erik's ahead of me...he has 15 more until 5000!

Well, we are speaking about 1) Posts on an Internet forum 2) Monty Python 3) Confusing threads.

Therefore, the obvious follow-up is: "Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam! Lovely spam, wonderful spam! Lovely spam, wonderful spam!"

Well, perhaps not then.
02-28-2006 at 10:21 AM
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
icon Re: The the ? (+2)  
Why only impersonate one forum member?
This confuses and angers me.

02-28-2006 at 06:05 PM
BeefontheBone
Rank Points: 184
Oneiromancer wrote:
As long as "Carry on" is considered to be acceptable, then I think I should be okay too. ;)

Game on,

It really isn't - Babs Windsor's chest and Sid James' dirty voice can only be stretched to, say, about 15 minutes of comedy in my book.

Game on. And on. And on. And Ariston,

03-18-2007 at 01:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
BeefontheBone wrote:
It really isn't - Babs Windsor's chest and Sid James' dirty voice can only be stretched to, say, about 15 minutes of comedy in my book.

Game on. And on. And on. And Ariston,
I'm struggling to see why that warranted bumping a year old topic.
03-18-2007 at 02:41 PM
skell
Rank Points: 3734
Same here

Omega N,
Or rather,

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:53 PM : Going to the keep]
03-18-2007 at 03:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
NiroZ wrote:
I'm struggling to see why that warranted bumping a year old topic.
I predict the "Thread Derailment" thread will turn into a "Thread resurrection" thread.
03-18-2007 at 03:02 PM
Insane
Rank Points: 154
icon Re: The the ? (-1)  
03-18-2007 at 03:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Oneiromancer wrote:

Game on,

Carry On is acceptable?

Man, nothing really matters anymore.
03-18-2007 at 06:32 PM
silver
Rank Points: 915
most Carry On is acceptable if it can fit in the overhead bin and doesn't vibrate, but you'll have to have it x-rayed.

Halcyon + on + on,

[Last edited by silver at 03-18-2007 06:46 PM]
03-18-2007 at 06:43 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
silver wrote:
Halcyon + on + on,
Yay for Orbital! (Well, their better stuff, anyway...)

On, (Yay for Aphex Twin... :D)

03-18-2007 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BeefontheBone
Rank Points: 184
Doh, sorry - read that as a fortnight-old topic (after following the link in the Thread De-ressurection thread).

03-18-2007 at 07:24 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The the ?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com