Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Fully confirmed! (What comes in DROD 3.0)
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
IP: Logged
icon Fully confirmed! (+2)  
Just in time for November 4th, I return with a new game.

This one is pretty basic, and DROD-related. A bit of the same vein as "It's been a long time...".

I have just received word from the head honchos here that everything stated in this topic has been fully confirmed for DROD 3.0. Be it something reasonable, or seemingly absurd, this is THE PLACE for new TCB monster/creature/thing info. But, the developers have decided to make it interesting. Everything must relate to the previous idea (singular. Relating to all previous ideas is silly). So if somebody had (for DROD 1.0, or whichever number that is) roaches, then somebody could suggest Roach Queens, but not Wraithwings until pits were introduced.

You can only suggest one idea at a time, and show how it relates to the previous idea.

Logic is not a requirement (You can say roach-logic or Wraithwing logic, or whatever in-game current logic) or make your own, so people will have some things to play with aside from a skin change.

The first thing that has been fully confirmed is: Spiky walls! Beethro can not step into spaces next to walls, since he would be impaling himself on the spikes. But monsters can't go there either without dying.

I can't wait to see what else is fully confirmed.

11-03-2005 at 02:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Fully confirmed! (+1)  
zex20913 wrote:
Just in time for November 4th, I return with a new game.

This one is pretty basic, and DROD-related. A bit of the same vein as "It's been a long time...".
Sounds interesting.

The first thing that has been fully confirmed is: Spiky walls! Beethro can not step into spaces next to walls, since he would be impaling himself on the spikes. But monsters can't go there either without dying.
I have had access to the top-secret Empire research and development facility in some unknown location deep beneath one continent of the Eighth, and can confirm that "Spike Cannons" are to be introduced to dungeons reasonably soon.

They are basically security systems, and will patrol all squares directly in front of them (i.e. their line of sight). They will fire a "spike" directly at anything that enters the line of sight, whether Beethro or a monster, which is a floating, deadly projectile with similar properties to the spikes used on spiky walls. The spike will travel one square per turn, and has all the functionality of a sword, killing anything it hits instantly, activating objects, or disappearing if it hits a wall or uncuttable obstacle (like a tar corner). Spike cannons are not monsters, however, and cannot be destroyed or killed (except with a bomb).

I can't wait to see what else is fully confirmed.
Of course, I must also add that everything we create must be flawlessly consistent.

Click here to view the secret text

11-03-2005 at 03:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Fully confirmed! (0)  
What functionality could a spiky wall possibly have except to increase unnecessary "Undo" usage? This seems a horrible idea! :-O
And if monsters impale themselves on it, why will they not impale themselves on Beethro's sword.

Spike cannons are OK, though. Could be useful as monster slaughter. Will goblins, guards, or the Slayer avoid them, I wonder? How about brained monsters?

Do I need to make an official Feature Request?

Edit: I just noticed what forum this is in... :selftwak

[Last edited by Jatopian at 11-05-2005 09:46 PM]
11-04-2005 at 12:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I'd better not participate in this game - people might take me seriously.

11-04-2005 at 05:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
That's all right. These other guys seem to be serious too. :yes

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-04-2005 at 07:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Pfft. As Mattcrampy and Mrimer have so CLEARLY proven, there will be no jokes, whatsoever, in the third DROD. It will be an entirely serious affair, and the one guy who makes a joke will be hidden in a secret room that you can't actually get to ingame. And that's /fully confirmed/.
11-04-2005 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I'll probably get into trouble with Erik and Mike over this, but I can confirm that the one joke that's hidden in the secret room, does not actually start with "A Hittite walks into a bar", but it would be really awesome if it did.

As a member of the dev team, I can obviously not say anything about whether Hittites are implemented or not.

[Last edited by eytanz at 11-04-2005 07:53 PM]
11-04-2005 at 07:53 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
As member of the "Secret and useless inventions" Institiution I can fully confirm that there will be stupida cannons in TCB. The stupida cannon follows roach queen logic and fires a spike (similar to the spike cannon) every 5 turns in her facing direction.
11-04-2005 at 08:25 PM
mrimer
DROD 3 will now allow you to have

11-04-2005 at 10:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
mrimer wrote:

11-04-2005 at 10:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie

11-04-2005 at 10:49 PM
trick
Rank Points: 2580

- Gerry
11-05-2005 at 07:10 PM
agaricus5
bradwall wrote:
mrimer wrote:

This just in:

For those interested...

The "peta" prefix is an SI prefix which represents 10^15 of whatever unit you've attached it to. The BIPM, or Bureau international des poids et mesures (International Bureau of Weights and Measures), is an organisation involved in measuring and maintaining global measurement standards and units, the SI system being one of these.

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 11-05-2005 08:54 PM]
11-05-2005 at 08:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
From spying on the development servers, I've uncovered a new monster that will be in DROD 3.0. I'm going to put it in Secret tags, so Erik doesn't find out that I found out about finding out about it.

Don't tell Erik I told you!

[Last edited by DiMono at 11-17-2005 07:19 AM]
11-17-2005 at 07:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
dreamisle
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
I have just confirmed the following EARTHSHATTERING developments:

11-20-2005 at 10:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Cascade
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: Fully confirmed! (+2)  
Puppies, of course, come with their own spawners, namely adult dogs (prev. "Wolves") that run around the dungeon. This would be a problem, as puppies can grow up into dogs if left unattended, resulting in a lot of new puppies (and of course, a LOT of ketchup) so fortunately TCB also includes one new intelligent monster...

[Last edited by Cascade at 11-21-2005 09:19 AM]
11-21-2005 at 09:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
And now there is a
You pick up a string potion and go next to a puppy and hit the use button(alt) and it will make the puppy not move.

11-21-2005 at 09:41 PM
agaricus5
agaricus5 wrote:
This just in:

I wouldn't have minded mind a -1 much to drop that post from +1 back to zero (although I would have wondered why someone did it), but it appears that someone disliked that post enough to mod it down twice to -1, and quite a while after the post was posted (this modding definitely happened during the past 24 hours).

Is there something offending someone in my post, or is someone just randomly distributing negative mods?

11-24-2005 at 07:29 PM
Thy Dungeonman
Rank Points: 32
The next DROD will be completely real-time! REAL-TIME DROD! WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT! :D
01-10-2006 at 11:20 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Is that confirmed or you just saying that we should drop the turn-based element that made this so worthless in the first place?

In addition, it has been calculated by my ingenious faculty of mathematicians (i.e. a broken calculator) that a new potion potion will be included. This potion causes potions that only monsters can use to spew out from Beethro when he moves. In addition, the broken calculator believes that there will be a new "chrono potion" that can only be obtained by the potion potion that makes everything else move 1/10th the speed.

[Last edited by coppro at 01-11-2006 12:10 AM]
01-11-2006 at 12:03 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Thy Dungeonman
coppro wrote:
Is that confirmed or you just saying that we should drop the turn-based element that made this so worthless in the first place?

I'm saying that REAL TIME IMPROVES EVERYTHING! That's why no one plays board games anymore - why not play them in REAL TIME?!!!

or not.
01-11-2006 at 12:53 AM
mrimer
I used to play that eight-man lightning blitz bughouse chess all the time. Until I developed this involuntary twitch and my doctor told me to cut down. ;)

01-11-2006 at 02:29 AM
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236
No, the game is in real time. There will also be different speeds. The "High" speed will not be included in the demo.

In related news, Monopoly (the board game) is now in real time! See how fast you can race your metal thing counterclockwise around the board! Alternatively, just how much money can you steal from the bank? Can anyone say, "bank robbery?"

But wait -- there's more. Now, with real time DROD monopoly, you can phase other players' money to bits with your brand new raygun. Now, experience the joys of macroeconomics with the greckle/USD/Euro conversion factors.

You can guard against roaches with a ketchup (NOT catsup) potion. The color of this potion, of course, is red. If you use the ketchup potion, killing roachburgers will increase Beethro's health bar drastically. Heinz, of course, was the genius in engineering the ketchup potion. After their merge with Caravel, Heinz will now have 350 varieties!

(Aw, shucks. I think I've killed this thead. How can one respond to such mumbo jumbo?)

[Last edited by Swivel at 01-11-2006 11:15 PM]
01-11-2006 at 02:37 AM
Enigmatologist
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
I have learned, through a combination of time travel, psychic powers, and secret Morse Code messages encoded within the bass lines of Franz Ferdinand songs, of a feature that will absolutely probably almost certainly maybe appear in 3.0 (or not): Ring squares.

Ring squares always occur in groups of five per room. When Beethro, Halph, a mimic, a mobile monster, or the Slayer enters a ring square, it's trapped in the square until all five squares are occupied.

If Beethro manages to get all five squares occupied with some combination of himself, Halph, mimics, and decoys, they all yell "Goooo Planet!" in chorus, and Captain Planet shows up to remove all non-naturally-ocurring elements from the room (so far as I can tell, it's only tar, mud, and bombs.)

If, on the other hand, evildoers manage to take all of the Ring squares, all tar and mud automatically spawn three times in a row, and all bombs go off.

Man! Think about the puzzle possibilities! Both of them!

01-22-2006 at 12:08 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Guess what! I snuck into Erik's basement and guess what I found! Boxes upon boxes of insecticide potion! It kills all living creatures on the screen including Captain Planet! So if you don't want to have him appear, quickly grab the potion, (colored black) and he will die! Remember that this is possible because the game will be in real time! Of course, this potion kills Beethro since he is alive, that must be the reason I found a few bottles of Living Dead potion! It turns Beethro into a state of semi-livingness so he won't die from the insectcide or anything for that matter! But don't forget that Monsters can drink the potion too, and the
for that matter.
01-22-2006 at 01:57 AM
Banjooie
Wait, you can drink puppies?

Oh, wait, of course you can, my bad.
01-24-2006 at 08:25 AM
Thy Dungeonman
Link will be a hidden character.
01-25-2006 at 02:40 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
In addition, throughout the game there will be powerups allowing Beethro's sword to change wha it can kill. This feature will break every existing hold into oblivion, but we couldn't care less.
01-25-2006 at 03:28 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
Banjooie wrote:
Wait, you can drink puppies?
Yes. It's similar to huffing kittens, but leaves less waste. Of course, the flavour is an important difference as well.
01-25-2006 at 12:04 PM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
I prefer quaffing giraffes, myself.

- Gerry
01-25-2006 at 03:55 PM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Fully confirmed! (What comes in DROD 3.0)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com