Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A few ideas (Again)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon A few ideas (+2)  
1. Cloud, weak cloud, cloud mother, cloud baby
Cloud could be invicible. Though, an flat side made by an weak cloud tile may render the cloud a bit weaker. Cloud mother&baby behave the same as tar and mud. The weak cloud can be anywhere, since it will be cut anyways.

2. Ghost. The ghost behaves like an roach. If you look at it, it dissapears, behaving like empty space. If you don't look at it, the ghost will reappear and reset his evil work. If something is where the ghost is when it is not here, it suddenly appears, possessing the monster and making it move in an complex-like pattern for 30 turns. Then it leaves the monster and then the monster is dizzy for 10 turns. Then the monster resets. If Beethro kills the ghost while it possesses an monster, the monster dies also.

3. Duplicator: This machine dulicates any monster entering in it. There are many kinds of duplicator. Even long monsters and Slayer can be duplicated. Brains might also try to lead monsters in duplicators to multiply chances of killing, unless Beethro is nearbier. Could be funny in puzzles where you need two goblins to kill two serpents.

Jeff_ray===

NB: Don't mod me down please?

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

10-08-2005 at 01:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: A few ideas (+1)  
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
NB: Don't mod me down please?
No one's going to mod you down for posting a few ideas. You only seem to get modded down when you demand people do something for you that should be voluntary.

By the way, as long as I'm here, you should only use the article "an" before words that start with vowels or vowel-like sounds. It's the difference between a teacher and an educator, for example. Here's a web page to check out: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/determiners/determiners.htm#articles

And please, anyone mod me down if you think I'm being too mean. But man...I've been wanting to do something about that for so long, it's not even funny.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-08-2005 at 01:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1305
icon Re: A few ideas (0)  
What exactly is this weak cloud tile? It could be that cloud just produces cloud babies, but you can see stuff under it and move under it. when you kill the cloud mother it stops growing. It acts like mud and tar otherwise.

The ghost idea i'm not too keen on, but if you could explain it better...

I dont see how the duplicator would work. It shouldn't create slayers or halphs because they are story charectors.
10-10-2005 at 03:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: A few ideas (0)  
I don't understand the cloud either.

I see what you mean by the ghost. As 'ghost' was the working name for the Seep, let's call it something else for clarification, like Boo. (Also, Erik wants to keep the supernatural out of the Eighth for flavour purposes.)

Anyway, how the boo works is that it moves towards you like a roach until you look at it (directly or line-of-sight, I'm not sure. Directly makes the monster mostly trivial, line-of-sight more difficult computationally but more effective). When you do, it disappears, like the Boos in Mario games. Unlike spiders, which also disappear, the Boos are harmless when you're looking at them and won't move. If a monster crosses the square in which a harmless Boo is in, the Boo takes over the monster, which moves 'chaotically' for ten turns. How the monster will move when moving 'chaotically' I don't know. Killing the monster in this state will kill both the monster and the Boo.

The key to the Boo, I think, is coming up with interesting 'chaotic' movement behaviour and having that be the easiest way to kill the monster.

I believe the duplicator has been suggested before. I'd definitely class it as a B-list suggestion, though - it's a good suggestion, but there are lots of things I'd give it up for.

10-10-2005 at 05:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A few ideas (Again)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com