Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Christmas season begins soon in America... (What Caravel stuff should I request?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon Christmas season begins soon in America... (0)  
Actually, the title says it all. Should I get DROD 2 come next year or should I wait? Is Journey to Rooted Hold worth buying now or would it be best to wait for DROD 3 and not have to hack through JtRH2 twice as with KDD2 (and possibly 3)? How about CaravelNet - does it work with the demo, and what features does it provide (I am hurrying to finish this post; sorry if this is findable)? Have the people who purchased the music found satisfaction in it? And what other goodies do the crew of Caravel offer of which I am unaware?

On a completely different topic, what is the significance of "TCB"? Is that related to DROD 3?

10-07-2005 at 02:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Christmas season begins soon in America... (0)  
CaravelNet does work with the demo version...the only thing "demo" about it is the official hold. Oh, and only having 1 room style instead of 3. There's a CaravelNet FAQ here.

TCB is The City Beneath, and it is DROD 3. I don't know if there will be a "JtRH 2.0" or a "KDD 3.0"...I kind of doubt it, as a personal opinion.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-07-2005 at 03:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
OK, a non-FAQ about CaravelNet... the computer on which I play DROD has no Internet connection, and I cannot change this presently. Is it still worthwhile to purchase it?
Sorry for late reply...

10-12-2005 at 01:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Jatopian wrote:
OK, a non-FAQ about CaravelNet... the computer on which I play DROD has no Internet connection, and I cannot change this presently. Is it still worthwhile to purchase it?
Well, probably not, unfortunately. You won't be able to take advantage of the high scores, in-game hold downloading, or beta-testing features to their utmost. The Smitemaster's Selection holds are download-only, unless you buy the CD version, which you don't need CaravelNet for.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-12-2005 at 01:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Christmas season begins soon in America... (What Caravel stuff should I request?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com