Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Monster: Witch
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
IP: Logged
icon Monster: Witch (0)  
Hello!

I have a new monster idea: a witch.

The witch moves using wraithwing logic, and as they have broomsticks, can fly over pits. Witches have a magical green beam in front of them that streches up to X squares in front of her. If Beethro steps into the beam, his sword will be disabled until he moves out of the beam. I don't know if I still want Beethro to able to turn his sword when it's disabled.

Once every X # of turns a witch will drop down a potion invisible to Beethro. If Beethro steps on the potion, a new witch will appear up to X # of squares away from another witch/the witch who placed the potion.

Aside from witches, you can pick up magic shields that can be dropped at any time. When Beethro has a shield, he is protected from the witches green beams. But when Beethro has a shield, witches may change their green beams to red. If Beethro is in a red beam, his shield will be destroyed/returned to where he last found it/returned to its original location.

Monsters (including other witches) that step into the witches' beams will be disabled, meaning it will be as if the monster isn't there. The effect is broken when the monster moves out of the beam.

Perhaps when a witch's beam goes into Beethro's sword's side, it will be reflected.

Anyone who has any questions, comments, or ideas for my witch idea is free to. It could use some talking about.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

06-30-2003 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Monster: Witch (0)  
This seemed like an okay idea...until the invisible potions part. Take that out. No invisible potions. (What if they fell into a pit?) Also, the concept of the game is such that you can see what you should do.

I think the shield thing is also too complex, for coding and playing.

07-01-2003 at 03:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
icon Re: Re: Monster: Witch (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
This seemed like an okay idea...until the invisible potions part. Take that out. No invisible potions. (What if they fell into a pit?) Also, the concept of the game is such that you can see what you should do.

Okay, the potions will be visible, or something else could be done.

I think the shield thing is also too complex, for coding and playing.

The reason I put in the shield part was so Beethro could have something for protection, but would need to be strategized with. If you don't like it, we could think of some other way to add more strategy to my idea. You could say if you think the strategizing should involve protection or something else. This would be a good idea to talk about.

-Noah

My stuff:

07-01-2003 at 04:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I like the idea - but possibly:

Instead of a beam, it's an area effect - close to the witch, Beethro can't rotate his sword. It would at least be easier to draw, as beams can look really cheesy really easily.

With the beam, probably you shouldn't let rotations work either, just to be really nasty.

The reflection-sword thingie wouln't be very good - what would be gained by reflecting? The best defence should be killing the witch.

Possibly, for respawning, you could have a cauldron, and when the witch is near the cauldron, it starts bubbling over and there's a new witch.

But I like the idea of a witch, anyway.

Matt the meddler

07-01-2003 at 02:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
I have one thing to say:

I was thinking that maybe the witch could move with goblin logic rather than wraithwing logic, but people can say which logic they think is better for the witch to have. Anyone can put they're two cents in. :D

I think goblin logic would make the witch way too hard :devil (duh! :buh:twak), so wraithwing logic would probably be best.

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT on 07-21-2003 at 06:55 AM GMT: Opinion]

[Edited by NoahT on 07-24-2003 at 06:44 AM GMT: Small addition]

My stuff:

07-01-2003 at 06:39 PM
NoahT
icon Re: Re: Monster: Witch (0)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
Possibly, for respawning, you could have a cauldron, and when the witch is near the cauldron, it starts bubbling over and there's a new witch.

I could use some clarification on how the cauldrons would be there, and more on how they'd work. Just asking.

-Noah

My stuff:

08-16-2003 at 05:50 AM
NoahT
Bump for my question.

-Noah

My stuff:

08-29-2003 at 06:01 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Monster: Witch
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com