Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : JtRH: L20 1N1E (argh)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
robin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 842
IP: Logged
icon JtRH: L20 1N1E (0)  
I keep on dieing :blowup , I can do trapdoors untill the spawn, and then after 1 or 2 more spawns I die.
I think, I'm doing it the hard way again?

[Edited by Oneiromancer at Local Time:04-21-2005 at 11:27 PM: Fixed room image]

04-21-2005 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: JtRH: L20 1N1E (+1)  
I fixed the room image in the title for you...it's much more useful to us if you choose the correct room when you make your post. :)

As for how to solve this room...there really aren't any tricks, you just need to get good at killing brained monsters. It's basically a marathon room. You can make it a little easier on yourself by dropping the trapdoors near the 2x2 blobs as soon as possible so that fewer babies spawn, but there will always be a small army that you need to deal with. Practice makes perfect...playing level 21 of KDD again might help your skills a bit. :)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-21-2005 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
There's only 18 babies that spawn each time. You should be able to handle them and have at least a few moves each spawn cycle to make some progress. Unfortunatly, the reason that you are dying in this room is because they come at you from several directions. If you can keep them all on one side of you, things will be easier as you reduce the spawn. I started on the left and worked my way counter-clockwise around. Don't worry too much about dropping the trap doors in the middle until you've reduced the spawn to 6 (step on them if its convenient, but don't go out of your way). Also, if you find yourself near one of the blobs when the spawn cycle is getting low, stand on one of the corner squares so you reduce the spawn by one.

04-21-2005 at 11:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
icon Re: JtRH: L20 1N1E (0)  
stigant wrote:
Also, if you find yourself near one of the blobs when the spawn cycle is getting low, stand on one of the corner squares so you reduce the spawn by one.
Quick note on the same idea: you can also block one spawn with Beethro's sword. So in that situation, it depends which is easier to get to, and where you would rather be when the tar does spawn.
04-22-2005 at 01:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
This is one very nasty, evil room :lol

PATIENCE is the key word :w00t
04-28-2006 at 01:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
icon Re: JtRH: L20 1N1E (+2)  
Sigh.

And level twenty has been a welcome respite so far.

This is one of those levels which seems so easy when you watch
a maestro (I'm thinking of Pearls on youtube) do it.

I have a fair way to go in KDD to get to level 21, and
that's just to practice for this.

I'm determined to complete Rooted Hold before the grand finale
of the Second Sky is released.

Onward.

09-03-2013 at 08:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Sorry for the tough room. Keep at it, and good luck!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-04-2013 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
karlpopper
Thanks for the encouragement, Mike: solved.

I figured out how to post links to specific times in YouTube
videos, so if you're looking for inspiration that this room
is possible, without an actual move by move demo.

Pearls Lets Play DROD Journey to Rooted Hold - Part 63

[Last edited by karlpopper at 03-27-2014 07:09 PM]
09-05-2013 at 01:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
karlpopper
There's a new kid on the block doing a youtube lets play of Journey to Rooted Hold.

ThemsAllTook plays DROD - Part 32 - big blobs of gunk

If you want to see someone less talented than Pearls get his head round the room: this is good. It's long, though, reflecting the real difficulty of these puzzles.

[Last edited by karlpopper at 03-27-2014 07:10 PM]
03-27-2014 at 07:07 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
Less talented? No, just less experienced. And considering he's never played DROD before, it's impressive how quickly he's picking things up.

03-27-2014 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
karlpopper
Nuntar wrote:
Less talented? No, just less experienced. And considering he's never played DROD before, it's impressive how quickly he's picking things up.

Yep, you were right, I should have said experienced; he's a master puzzle solver in general. Alex is inspiring in the even harder rooms. I wonder if he'll be engaging in the forum during TSS?

05-10-2014 at 07:04 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : JtRH: L20 1N1E (argh)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com