Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) (The three Tackers together with 3 extra levels)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.6/10 (9 votes)
σ 1.50
Author Name:Daniel Blochinger
Submitted By:MeckMeck GRE
Hold Name:Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut)
Theme:The three Tackers together with 3 extra levels
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:16
Number of Rooms:95
Number of Monsters:2229
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+2 / -1)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Tacker Triology DVD Architects Cut.hold (49.2 KB)
Downloaded 2543 times.
License: Other
icon Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut)  
Get this DVD right now ! You will recive :

All 3 Tacker Holds bundled with a improved story !
A fully functional main menue !
The challenging Minipuzzle/Smiteclub extra
For fun : The Scrollfun Extra

02-06-2005 at 12:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stefan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) (0)  
Oh, you released this already...

I was going to send a bug report, but didn't have the time (I also wanted to test some more before sending it).
Neither the 'Smiteclub':2S nor the 'Mini Puzzle':The Entrance is possible to complete.

02-08-2005 at 10:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
Should be Fixed.
02-09-2005 at 01:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Are you sure? Because I still can't finish some of the rooms.
02-09-2005 at 03:14 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Tim wrote:
Are you sure? Because I still can't finish some of the rooms.

Which ?
02-11-2005 at 06:11 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
Which ?
See Stefan's post above.

'Smiteclub':2S
'Mini Puzzle':The Entrance

I downloaded the hold from here.

-- Tim

02-11-2005 at 11:57 PM
Stefan
Smiteclub:2S is actually possible now (although quite difficult), but the Mini Puzzle entrance still isn't.

Edit: I don't know why you removed the tar, and left one of the force arrows in place, since it was the force arrows that made the room impossible. I think it would be best to put back the tar and put force arrows pointing east (or west) on the entrances to the serpent loops.

[Edited by Stefan at Local Time:02-12-2005 at 12:38 AM]

02-12-2005 at 12:18 AM
MeckMeck GRE
Tar there again.... Force arrow removed,
SMiteclub made a tick easier.
02-12-2005 at 04:26 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) (+1)  
This is an interesting hold as it shows real progress from the rather badly designed Tacker's 1 to the decent Tacker's 2 to Tacker's 3 which has some really nice rooms.

Tacker's 3 is the only one that's difficult in any way. It's also the only one that needs checkpoints. Seriously, it needs checkpoints in several rooms (Rooftop 1W for instance is really annoying without them).

03-15-2005 at 04:31 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
As soon as I have time again, this is the first hold I'm going to download to play. I feel bad for so many holds going by while I'm totally occupied with something else, and people keep saying good things.

Just letting you know.

03-19-2005 at 03:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
eytanz wrote:
Tacker's 3 is the only one that's difficult in any way.

I should clarify that this statement only applies to the three main holds. Smiteclub is extremely tough, especially 2S (which I haven't solved yet).

03-19-2005 at 05:09 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Update !

--> Hold is now conquerable !
--> Most of the scrolls replaced by character speech (e.g. those of Eye Village)
--> Some optical improvements
--> Removed many profan or useless scrolls
--> Removed unaccessable enemies
--> Fixed some minor bugs
--> Secret rooms marked as secret
--> Replaced some crumbly walls with secret walls

Some detail changes :

Tackers Tower / Ground floor (Big thanks to Maurog here)

- Entrance : You need the orbs now !
- 2N2W : Scroll removed so you HAVE to use the roaches now.
- 1N: Removed crumbly wall
- 3N1W: Removed (useless) force arrow on wall
- 2N1E: All spiders killable

Tackersmoore / Ice cold fields

- Entrance : Solveable
- 1E : Solveable / Removed "Arrow trap"
- 1S : Solveable

Tackersmoore / The dungeons

- Entrance : Added Green door
- 1E1N : Added green door
- 1N : Added Green door

Tackers Tomb / The dungeons

2N2E : Puzzle fixed
2N3E : Puzzle easier

Tackers Tower / Rooftop

- 1N : Added a checkpoint
- 2N : Stairs end the hold

08-24-2005 at 03:21 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
--> Most of the scrolls replaced by character speech (e.g. those of Eye Village)
Does this mean that the hold is no longer an AE hold (in which case, the top needs to be updated)?

08-24-2005 at 04:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
agaricus5 wrote:
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
Does this mean that the hold is no longer an AE hold (in which case, the top needs to be updated)?

Yes, its JtrH now, but you cant change the version info.
08-24-2005 at 04:24 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) (+2)  
Argh, this is an issue that is really starting to get on my nerves. Just because you have the oppertunity to upgrade versions does not mean it is an excuse to do so! What you are doing is shutting the door on everyone who uses AE, and there are still a fair few amount of people who play it. Heck, even I play it every now and again. What would have been a better idea is to release a seperate collaboration made in JtRH to the Architecture board while replacing the one with an AE version. That way, you can still release your version dressed up to the nines with new features, but still preserving the classicness of the old hold.

08-25-2005 at 12:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Argh, this is an issue that is really starting to get on my nerves. Just because you have the oppertunity to upgrade versions does not mean it is an excuse to do so! What you are doing is shutting the door on everyone who uses AE, and there are still a fair few amount of people who play it.
Yes, it's unfortunate and exremely annoying and aggravating. I can't think of any reason why you should update an AE-hold with a JtRH equivalent. Not even if the hold is impossible to complete in JtRH: If you want to update such a hold, then make the changes with AE, not JtRH!.

Edit: In fact, why doesn't the hold uploading process prevent people from uploading holds from an another version of DROD? I can't see any reason why it shouldn't. There seems to be some other bugs(?) with the uploading code, see below.

Anyway, I'm surprised that MeckMeck GRE even managed to update this hold, since it's not even the same hold anymore (as recognized by DROD), and it's made by an another player than the original. This screws up highscore uploading quite a lot (if anyone remember having problems with rowrow's hold, then this will most likely be worse).

[Last edited by Stefan at 08-25-2005 02:59 AM]
08-25-2005 at 02:55 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Stefan wrote:
Edit: In fact, why doesn't the hold uploading process prevent people from uploading holds from an another version of DROD? I can't see any reason why it shouldn't. There seems to be some other bugs(?) with the uploading code, see below.
Let me see what the rest of the team thinks. It would certainly be a pretty easy change on my end to disallow updates like that.
Anyway, I'm surprised that MeckMeck GRE even managed to update this hold, since it's not even the same hold anymore (as recognized by DROD), and it's made by an another player than the original. This screws up highscore uploading quite a lot (if anyone remember having problems with rowrow's hold, then this will most likely be worse).
When I first created the hold updating process, it was very strict like that. However, time and time again people had lost their original player that created the hold, and wanted to upload copied versions of the hold. It happened so frequently that I had to relax the restrictions, and allow a hold to be updated with any hold that matches the layout of the original hold - all rooms in the right places, basically.

However, that was way before high scores and such. It's a big bummer that all of the high scores for Tacker's Trilogy are lost forever, and everyone has to start from scratch. I'm not sure what to do about this issue.

[Last edited by Schik at 08-25-2005 03:45 AM]
08-25-2005 at 03:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Stefan
Schik wrote:
It's a big bummer that all of the high scores for Tacker's Trilogy are lost forever, and everyone has to start from scratch. I'm not sure what to do about this issue.
Is it also a big bummer that you cannot create new scores either, or are you going to do anything about that?

... Which is to say that this hold isn't recognized by CaravelNet, even after reinstalling DROD and downloading it in-game.

08-26-2005 at 07:13 AM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Aha! So thats where my highscorepoints disappeared :)
08-26-2005 at 09:05 AM
Schik
Stefan wrote:
Is it also a big bummer that you cannot create new scores either, or are you going to do anything about that?
Of course I am, but someone has to inform me that the problem exists before I can do so. I've fixed the problem, and highscores should now work for the hold.

08-26-2005 at 01:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Stefan
wallu wrote:
Many rooms have two entries per player (mostly Stefan and Svante).
I believe this can happen for any updated hold. It seems to be a bug with the high score spider - if a hold gets updated and you play a room before the spider has time to restore the previous scores for it, then it will not check whether there are new scores for the room, and thus create a duplicate score.

It would be nice to get these duplicate scores removed - for all holds and players.

08-27-2005 at 11:12 AM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
I believe the spider actually *fixes* the duplicate high scores.
They happen when a hold gets updated (?) - similar to the "playerX" has got 177 moves for all demos in a given hold.

I therefore reckon that these scores will be refreshed once the spider get round to it... All hail the spider :)
08-28-2005 at 06:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) (+2)  
wallu wrote:
I agree with you. I have duplicate scores in other holds. I noticed the problem when high score spider was introduced. Schik said that he will fix high scores later but he hasn't done it.

Now there is also problem that placements are corrupted. It is, for example in Tackers Icy Towerfields: Entrance, 1,2,3,1,2,3,3,4. When it should be 1,2,3,4,4,5,5,6
Sorry about taking so long to fix these problems, but I've finally fixed them. Duplicates shouldn't happen any more I believe, but if they do, or if rankings get screwy again, then any admin can easily fix them on the admin page (click on "Fix High Scores", duh :P) .

08-30-2005 at 04:26 AM
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
Yeah, this's kinda a bit of an old thread to post in, but since MeckMeck seems to still be active, maybe this can get fixed... Mini Puzzle 1S2E is unsolvable due to the orbs not being mapped to the doors, therefore the wraithwings behind the doors not being killable. Any chance of getting a fix to that so the hold's 100% clearable?

04-25-2006 at 01:11 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Hikari wrote:
Yeah, this's kinda a bit of an old thread to post in, but since MeckMeck seems to still be active, maybe this can get fixed... Mini Puzzle 1S2E is unsolvable due to the orbs not being mapped to the doors, therefore the wraithwings behind the doors not being killable. Any chance of getting a fix to that so the hold's 100% clearable?

I fixed it.
04-30-2006 at 10:15 AM
abe10
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) (-1)  
Any tips on Tackers Tower Rooftop: 1W? My best attempt has the tar mothers killed, along with the snake and 5 goblins. Tons of roaches, but Only One queen.

05-08-2014 at 11:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4591
Such questions go in the Hints & Solutions forum. There is already an H&S topic for this room: here.

05-08-2014 at 11:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) (The three Tackers together with 3 extra levels) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com