Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) : Tackers Tower Rooftop : 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) : Tackers Tower Rooftop : 1 West (0)  
At first this seems like a lot of other "serpent gradually uncoils, releasing a series of monsters I have to stay on top of" rooms that I've solved easily, but this one is complicated by (1) the presence of goblins, which I need extra maneuvering and caution to avoid, and (2) the serpent's head being on the outside of the coil, where I have to avoid it in addition to the other dangers I have to avoid.

Can someone provide a few strategic hints, or even a demo? I've tried being aggressive and running inside the loops to deal with monsters immediately, I've tried retreating to the NE corner (which stays protected longest), I've tried other ideas... eventually I get surrounded and overwhelmed whatever I do.
10-18-2012 at 12:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
bomber50
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) : Tackers Tower Rooftop : 1 West (+1)  
I don't remember this room, but I think you're on the wrong track here.

Click here to view the secret text

10-18-2012 at 05:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
icon Re: Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) : Tackers Tower Rooftop : 1 West (+1)  
Well, that sort of response works, and is probably best for a duffer like me. I'm happy to have completed the room, and I'm not one to try for the minimal score. (Still, I can't help noticing that I needed about 6 times as many moves as the best demo for the room!)
Click here to view the secret text

So, thank you very much for helping me through this!
10-18-2012 at 06:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
abe10
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) : Tackers Tower Rooftop : 1 West (0)  
Where can I find a demo of this room?

05-09-2014 at 12:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
I don't think many people played through this hold, so a demo might not happen. This looks fairly straightforward from the room image though. In the meantime, perhaps you should tell us which part you have trouble with, and then advice might be possible.

05-09-2014 at 04:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
abe10
icon Re: Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) : Tackers Tower Rooftop : 1 West (0)  
I am getting closer. Should I use the tar as a shield?

05-09-2014 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
abe10
Never mind. I actually beat the room except for the tar mother. Then, I choose to open all trap doors which allowed an unreachable tar baby to be made. Oh well.....

05-10-2014 at 03:31 AM
abe10
I posted twice, and I am posting from my phone, do I sadly cannot delete this message. So I just changed it.

[Last edited by abe10 at 05-10-2014 03:43 AM]
05-10-2014 at 03:31 AM
abe10
Never mind. The ts worked like a charm. Level completed.

05-10-2014 at 07:49 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Tacker Triology (DVD Architects Cut) : Tackers Tower Rooftop : 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com