Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Everybody Hates Beethro!!! (A result of NaDRODArchMo 8 work)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
IP: Logged

File: Everybody Hates Beethro (5.1.1.459).hold (12.4 KB)
Downloaded 26 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Everybody Hates Beethro!!! (0)  
For NaDRODArchMo8, I came up with a dumb idea and ran with it. I know the month isn't over yet, but I'm very happy with the configuration of rooms currently in the level and don't want to add any more unless it's just a simple "secret room that's a more challenging variant" type of thing. So I feel it's appropriate to push the hold here and make a proper request for feedback before HAing.

Primary concerns:
-General testing, as always. I have verified all rooms and currently-scripted challenges to be solvable, but need to know about leaks and/or excessive difficulty, etc.
-1S1E in particular: Is it a magic sequence? I didn't feel like it was all that hard, but Someone Else had a lot of trouble finding the solution. If everyone finds it substantially difficult/unsatisfying then I need to retool it.
-A potential challenge is written out in a scroll in 2S. I would like to know if it's actually possible, so feel free to attempt it if you're good with the elements in that room.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 07-22-2023 07:12 PM]
07-21-2023 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2387
icon Re: Everybody Hates Beethro!!! (+1)  
Can't really test this, as "this file was created by a newer version of DROD and isn't supported in this earlier version".

I'm running the 5.1.1.515 beta which is the newest Mac beta available.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 07-21-2023 10:07 PM]
07-21-2023 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
icon Re: Everybody Hates Beethro!!! (0)  
Oh, right...even though there's nothing exclusive to newer betas of DROD in the hold, they changed the format or something. Sorry--I suppose that's what I get for always trying to use the latest version of DROD.

For now, I did some sketchy file copying to get a "downgraded" DROD at version 5.1.1.459 in a separate folder to my main installation, and re-exported the hold using that; that's what's now in the first post. Hopefully it will import properly, but let me know if it's still broken in some way.

[Last edited by Xindaris at 07-22-2023 07:16 PM]
07-22-2023 at 07:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2387
icon Re: Everybody Hates Beethro!!! (+1)  
Yes, that worked.

My suggestions:

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
07-22-2023 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
icon Re: Everybody Hates Beethro!!! (0)  
Thanks for taking a look! A couple of responses:

[Last edited by Xindaris at 07-28-2023 09:50 PM]
07-28-2023 at 09:45 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Everybody Hates Beethro!!! (A result of NaDRODArchMo 8 work)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com