Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Gunthro and the Epic Blunder Hold in The Second Sky?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mozzribo
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
IP: Logged
icon Gunthro and the Epic Blunder Hold in The Second Sky? (0)  
Is it just me or do we not receive Gunthro and the Epic Blunder as a hold after purchase? I would like to play it from The Second Sky install.
07-13-2021 at 08:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder Hold in The Second Sky? (+1)  
mozzribo wrote:
Is it just me or do we not receive Gunthro and the Epic Blunder as a hold after purchase? I would like to play it from The Second Sky install.

Hi mozzribo --

How did you buy GatEB? I am certainly able to dowload it from within my TSS installation (all purchased through CaravelNet).

07-13-2021 at 08:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mozzribo

File: 2021-07-13_22-39.png (17.9 KB)
Downloaded 54 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder Hold in The Second Sky? (+3)  
jbluestein wrote:
Hi mozzribo --

How did you buy GatEB? I am certainly able to dowload it from within my TSS installation (all purchased through CaravelNet).

Hi, jbluestein! :) I just bought it via the Caravel website a couple of hours ago. Very soon after, I received "Flood Warning" as a hold, but not the prequel. Please see the attached screenshot. Same issue in-game.

Is this due to a bug? How can it be fixed?

[Last edited by mozzribo at 07-13-2021 09:47 PM]
07-13-2021 at 09:37 PM
navithmastero
Rank Points: 596
mozzribo wrote:
Hi, jbluestein! :) I just bought it via the Caravel website a couple of hours ago. Very soon after, I received "Flood Warning" as a hold, but not the prequel. Please see the attached screenshot. Same issue in-game.

Is this due to a bug? How can it be fixed?

The way that the DROD games work in terms of your purchases is that you can download Smitemasters Selections (e.g. Flood Warning) as a hold file directly from the purchases screen online. The main games, (e.g. Gunthro and the Epic Blunder) cannot be downloaded as a .hold file but you can check that they have been added to your account by looking under the 'Games' section at the top of your purchases screen. I don't know exactly how it works but by the magic of CaravelNet you should be able to download the Gunthro and the Epic Blunder hold in-game in the Second Sky engine once you've logged into CaravelNet in the settings menu, being unable to do so isn't a known bug. If you're still having issues hopefully someone else can help :)

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

07-13-2021 at 10:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
You can check that it's properly associated to your account by checking the downloads page; if you can see the full version download then the system thinks you own the game: http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php

As long as that's in place, and you're successfully logged into CaravelNet (green check in the top-left corner of the title screen), it should just appear in the Change Location screen like any other hold you can download.
07-14-2021 at 08:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mozzribo
icon Re: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder Hold in The Second Sky? (+2)  
navithmastero wrote:

The way that the DROD games work in terms of your purchases is that you can download Smitemasters Selections (e.g. Flood Warning) as a hold file directly from the purchases screen online. The main games, (e.g. Gunthro and the Epic Blunder) cannot be downloaded as a .hold file but you can check that they have been added to your account by looking under the 'Games' section at the top of your purchases screen. I don't know exactly how it works but by the magic of CaravelNet you should be able to download the Gunthro and the Epic Blunder hold in-game in the Second Sky engine once you've logged into CaravelNet in the settings menu, being unable to do so isn't a known bug. If you're still having issues hopefully someone else can help :)

Hey, thank You. It does appear in-game. I would have sworn that it wasn't there in-game when I checked yesterday, but then again human attention and memory are capricious mechanisms. Anyway, I can load it in-game and that is what matters to me.

Tuttle wrote:
You can check that it's properly associated to your account by checking the downloads page; if you can see the full version download then the system thinks you own the game: http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php

As long as that's in place, and you're successfully logged into CaravelNet (green check in the top-left corner of the title screen), it should just appear in the Change Location screen like any other hold you can download.

Thank You for the help and link. Yes, the system recognises it. It was just me who misunderstood how the system works.
07-14-2021 at 09:24 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Gunthro and the Epic Blunder Hold in The Second Sky?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com