Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Toggle whether individual multiplier vars stack or override (See inside for explanation.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1527
IP: Logged
icon Toggle whether individual multiplier vars stack or override (+1)  
As it stands right now, the level multiplier (set in the editor) stacks with the variable _ItemMult and with any individual multiplier like _ItemATKMult or _ItemGRMult. I imagine this is often desirable, and I know it can't be changed without breaking a lot of stuff.

However, in instances where one wants most things to have a certain multiplier, and a certain general multiplier value to display to the player, but also wants direct control over something specific (like say, the value of potions alone, or how much greckle gates cost), it becomes necessary to fight with the stacking multipliers by dividing them out, which causes rounding errors that then have to be accounted for...so it's considerably less straightforward than it really should be to just "make gates in this room cost X greckles".

This request is for some manner, such as some separate variables or particular values of the existing variables, to tell the game "Don't factor the level multiplier or the item multiplier into this value, pretend they're 100 as far as it's concerned and only multiply this item type by this value alone." Essentially a "multiplier override" to make that sort of situation less annoying.

My apologies if this has already been requested somewhere, and I can certainly understand if it's out of reach. It'd just be a pretty good quality-of-life for architects trying to do some fairly reasonable things.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 11-05-2020 11:33 PM]
11-05-2020 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Toggle whether individual multiplier vars stack or override (See inside for explanation.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com