Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Image overlay over UI (Think of all the evil you could do)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon Image overlay over UI (+3)  
Add another layer to the image overlya command, say "Layer 9" that would allow drawing things on top of the game UI. This would allow doing a lot of fancy stuff, like custom full screen credits or hiding minimap.

There are a couple things that need to be kept in mind though:
1. In all screens where room preview is displayed, the overlays would be cropped to show only the part that's visible in the room area.
2. When moving between rooms, the effect would be drawn immediately as the transition starts, and it would NOT move together with the room. This would allow for an image to be displayed in the UI consistently regardless of transitions.
3. When moving between level entrances, the effect would be drawn either at the start of fade out or when the screen is completely black.
4. Coordinates of the effect would start at the top-left corner of the room area, so going into the top and left of the UI would require setting negative position coordinates.

I had a proof of concept coded, so it's certainly possible!

11-04-2020 at 03:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Image overlay over UI (Think of all the evil you could do)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com