Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Forgotten Civilization (Remake of TCB and TSS in one)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Forgotten Civilization (0)  
About the last half of your post, I knew that there was no "Wait for multiple conditions" built in obviously, but I am not sure I made it clear in my message above yours. What I wanted more specifically however, was some kind of workaround using the normal "Wait for" commands that DROD limits you to, in order to simulate it. You offered such a solution, however. Thank you so much!

06-13-2023 at 12:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb

File: TTF Weirdness Take 2.hold (24.8 KB)
Downloaded 22 times.
License: Public Domain
Okay,

So I tried using nested "If" conditionals, but unfortunately now it just doesn't work at all period, and pressing the special key just waits a turn without doing anything period.

Does anyone know why this is? It should work properly from how I organized it.

06-13-2023 at 01:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Maybe I am doing this wrong, because I remember seeing from playing through the official TSS hold again recently, that they are designed so that the player can control them from anywhere in the room, the only intended limitation to them is to control all objects within a limited radius.

Should I keep my version and get help with fixing it, or should I just use that version instead?

06-13-2023 at 01:11 PM
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: The Forgotten Civilization (+1)  
I say use whatever version of the element allows you to build the puzzles you want to make. It's not really important how some other hold (even an official one) does things, if you want them to work a certain way for your puzzles.

From an actual glance at your code this time, I think this is the best way to fix it:
Click here to view the secret text

The issue with the way things were originally was that it went straight past all the conditionals and ended the script if the player ever didn't hit special command on any turn. You need the "wait 0, go to loop" to always happen, regardless of what happens in all those conditionals, or the code will just stop running. (And if it appears outside the conditionals, then it's redundant to have it also inside them. That's just "code neatness", though.)

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 06-13-2023 05:26 PM]
06-13-2023 at 05:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
icon Re: The Forgotten Civilization (+1)  
Okay, it actually works perfectly! Thank you!

Unfortunately, I am out of ideas for puzzles involving the element, and only have one finished, so I will stop making drafts of future levels for now, and just focus on getting the levels up to the currently released one fully tested (level 51).

06-13-2023 at 09:45 PM
azb
Hi, does anyone have any feedback on levels 45 thru 51, cause I still need feedback for those first before I publish more levels, cause I don't want to overwhelm players with too much stuff at once?

09-07-2023 at 07:43 PM
azb
Hi, any feedback on those levels yet? I am serious about not wanting to publish any more levels until after they are tested, so that there's not too much to test.

12-30-2023 at 01:04 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Forgotten Civilization (Remake of TCB and TSS in one)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com