Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Making a 12-hour Clock System?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
IP: Logged
icon Making a 12-hour Clock System? (0)  
I'm trying to make a 12-hour AM/PM clock system as part of a very, very devious hold. This relies on a script which increments a raw Minutes variable every few turns, and there's a further script to convert the raw minutes into a clock timer... However, I can't figure out how to actually do this. I tried, but it caused some issues with the values essentially turning into -1:0... Which is not exactly a known time.

For reference, he's the script that initializes the original values for these variables, located at the first room of the hold:
  Set var "Minutes" = 0
  Set var "Clock_Hour" = 6
  Set var "Clock_Minutes" = 0
  End 

Here's my script to process the Minutes into the clock format:
Label timer
  Wait 0
  Set var "Clock_Minutes" = Minutes % 60
  Set var "Clock_Hour" = (Minutes / 60) - (Minutes % 60)
  Go to timer

A way to make it forcibly display two digits would also be nice, but is optional. If anyone has any leads, let me know.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
11-29-2019 at 05:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: Making a 12-hour Clock System? (0)  
DROD works in integers, so to get the hour, you just want Set var "Clock_Hour" = (Minutes / 60). I think you were trying to subtract the fractional part to get the integer remainder, and there's no need for that; DROD will do it for you.

Also, if you want the system to start at 6:00 (as Set var "Clock_Hour" = 6 implies), then it should be Set var "Clock_Hour" = (Minutes / 60) + 6.

11-29-2019 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1530
icon Re: Making a 12-hour Clock System? (0)  
That, or you should initialize the minutes differently, so that you start with 360 minutes already "passed".

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

11-29-2019 at 07:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Making a 12-hour Clock System?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com