Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : PCMT to affect Engineers
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
IP: Logged
icon PCMT to affect Engineers (+4)  
I was recently playing around with engineers, and it occurred to me that it might be useful or interesting to have them never give up on their current build marker target as long as there's a path to it. I discovered that the Persistent Citizen Movement Token has no effect on engineers. It would be nice if it did affected them similarly to how it affects citizens.

Obviously engineers ignore relay stations, but this would still come into play when dealing with build markers. For instance, say there was a build marker behind a narrow passageway. If at any time a roach blocked the passageway, the engineer immediately reevaluates and chooses another build marker. With a PCMT in the room, I propose that the engineer not change targets and instead keeps trying to get to that same build marker.

To be flawlessly consistent with citizen and PCMT behaviour, completely cutting off the path to a build marker (by closing doors, moving platforms, dropping trapdoors, etc.) would still allow the engineer to reevaluate and choose a different build marker to move towards.

06-05-2018 at 04:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Re: PCMT to affect Engineers (+2)  
According to this
http://forum.caravelgames.com/roomsearch.php
There are no published rooms with both a PCMT and an engineer. So this change wouldn't break any existing rooms/demos.

06-05-2018 at 05:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : PCMT to affect Engineers
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com