Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : A proper 5.0 end sequence (for KDD)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
IP: Logged

File: 50 ending.hold (7.3 MB)
Downloaded 4 times.
License: Public Domain
icon A proper 5.0 end sequence (+2)  
The ending sequence from AE was adapted into the mastery level of KDD 2.0, and now I have adapted it into a cut scene in the 5.0 engine.

This is meant to go with some NPCs in the main dungeon that allow the ending to change depending on actions the player took while going through the dungeon. I have included a "setup level" that allows for easy setting of the variables. What follows is a proper list of how to integrate them into the hold proper.

Click here to view the secret text

Though I arranged the copies of the rooms used in the demonstration in a similar way to the 2.0 end sequence, I'd rather prefer if the final product made actual use of the corresponding rooms in the main dungeon, and have therefore set it up so that the cutscenes in them only play if a variable is set.

Also, note that there is no voice acting, and the timing of the cutscenes may need to be adjusted if Caravel picks this up and adds that.

Finally, there is a system that will send the player back to the living room for a brief dialogue before ending the hold if it detects monsters in the room, and the ending was reached through level 25. For the purposes of this demonstration, I have temporarily disabled it. To turn it back on:
Click here to view the secret text

Edit: Less buggy now.

[Last edited by averagemoe at 03-29-2018 06:53 AM]
03-23-2018 at 02:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
robin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 765
icon Re: A proper 5.0 end sequence (0)  
This is what I was missing in my AE hold I made for 4.0 and 5.0 (check my signature for the link and you'll understand ;) )

03-24-2018 at 11:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
averagemoe
Oh, about the images I used, they were done by editing screenshots. I got rid of the white text boxes in some of them by using parts of the KDD 2.0 versions of them, but if someone who has the original white-boxless versions of those images (Probably Caravel) can replace them with cleaner versions, that'd be nice.

03-25-2018 at 05:23 AM
averagemoe
I apologize to those of you who find thread bumps offensive, but I made some important changes, and simply editing the first post won't notify anyone from the main page that anything is different.

03-28-2018 at 05:41 PM
averagemoe
It is by definition, impossible to promise something that hasn't happened yet, but this feels like the last revision that will occur to me without outside influece. Basically, I made it so that using the shortcut doesn't mess up any variables that might make it weird for if you use it again on the same playthrough.

03-29-2018 at 06:57 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : A proper 5.0 end sequence (for KDD)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com