Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Shards (Mirrors and spikes!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.0/10 (4 votes)
σ 0.71
Author Name:Someone Else
Submitted By:Someone Else
Hold Name:Shards
Theme:Mirrors and spikes!
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:12
Number of Monsters:53
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Shards.hold (5 KB)
Downloaded 289 times.
License: Other
icon Shards  
A short hold centred around pushing mirrors over spike traps. Timing is frequently tight, but solutions aren't too exact.
09-30-2017 at 12:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Re: Shards (+2)  
This hold doesn't seem to be getting many explorers with all the holds released in the past couple of months and it's a real shame. Shards is a super polished and highly enjoyable smallish hold that's worth checking out. The spike trap & mirror theme has a lot of potential for variety, and Someone Else manages to really explore that potential in just a few rooms. There's a ton of variety here, ranging from manipulation puzzles to timed efficiency rooms to more linchpin based puzzles, and even a horde room or two. The hold has an open format so you can explore it at your leisure, but all of the rooms here are enjoyable and the variety offered really makes the whole thing feel very fresh. I was left wanting more at the end, but this hold really is a great size. Short enough to complete in one go so long as you have a little bit of time. Nothing was brain meltingly difficult, but there were definitely some tricky rooms that were quite satisfying to complete. There's really no reason not to check this one out, it's a lot of fun and has a little bit of something for everyone.

11-02-2017 at 04:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Shards (Mirrors and spikes!) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com