Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Puzzles for Beethro (Puzzles from my unfinished holds)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Resert On
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
IP: Logged

File: Puzzles For Beethro V60.drh (21.3 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Puzzles for Beethro (0)  
So, here a hold that from my unfinished holds.

I'm not sure about Level Four Puzzle, because i'm not good at making DROD RPG puzzle. So, if you can beat this level, send me the stats. If you can't, you can send suggestion to make this level beatable.

Changelog:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Resert On at 07-05-2017 04:54 PM]
06-27-2017 at 05:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
superluminal
Rank Points: 75
icon Re: Puzzles for Beethro (0)  
Interesting hold! Lots of stuff to unpack here, so let's get started.

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Please, please test your hold all the way through before putting it on the Architecture board. It shows us that your hold is indeed possible. More importantly, it shows us you care.

* I found a way to fix your wubba code. Replace your Default Script with this:
and make sure any character using this default script doesn't have any code of its own (IE, its "customize character" screen should be blank).

[Last edited by superluminal at 06-28-2017 02:50 AM]
06-28-2017 at 02:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Resert On
To keep it from long text, I put it here:

And the hold was updated now.

[Last edited by Resert On at 06-28-2017 09:59 AM]
06-28-2017 at 07:21 AM
D.Craven_0ne
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 201
Now... I'm not testing this hold cos I have no time on my hands, but I did take a look at the entrance of level 1, since it would be kinda bad if you couldn't solve the first room.

Thing is, it does indeed work.

06-28-2017 at 02:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4569
Level 4:

Boss defeated:

HP 1172
ATK 25
DEF 28
GR 16
Keys 0/1/0
Score 258

But what's up with all the unreachable side rooms? I looked in the editor and they're all empty. Are you planning to expand this floor?

06-28-2017 at 02:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Resert On
Nuntar wrote:
But what's up with all the unreachable side rooms? I looked in the editor and they're all empty. Are you planning to expand this floor?
Actually that levels are from my unfinished holds, so there any possibility that has empty rooms. But I always check everything i can before post it to architecture board.

06-29-2017 at 12:07 PM
Nuntar
HA rules say that all rooms must be reachable. If there are any unreachable rooms, just delete them.

06-29-2017 at 05:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Resert On
Hold was updated with new levels.

06-30-2017 at 01:24 AM
Gordius
Rank Points: 91
I had different experiences than Nuntar and superluminal. I was able to solve the Entrance puzzle without much difficulty, but then don't see the point of giving players two more versions of the same puzzle. There's really just one trick to it, and applying that trick to some slightly different shapes isn't very interesting. And the mimic puzzle on level 1 is easiest to solve by changing colors to break the tar/mud/gel by yourself and killing them as gel, and then releasing and killing the mimic. Which isn't, I don't think, the puzzle you intended.

I found the entrance to level 2 to be pretty easy to solve without stepping on top of doors and the rest of the level sort of a bore.

Whereas superluminal clearly solved (and I guess enjoyed, with the exception of the interface) 3:2W, I can't figure out how to get back through the red door from the bottom half after getting the blue key. The nanite floor is the only place you can shift the slayer off of the NE orb without clicking something that will close the last door before the blue key, but I can't figure out how to get him to the NE orb while still allowing me to get through the two doors blocking the nanites, without closing the red door.
06-30-2017 at 05:38 AM
Resert On
Gordius wrote:
I had different experiences than Nuntar and superluminal. I was able to solve the Entrance puzzle without much difficulty, but then don't see the point of giving players two more versions of the same puzzle. There's really just one trick to it, and applying that trick to some slightly different shapes isn't very interesting. And the mimic puzzle on level 1 is easiest to solve by changing colors to break the tar/mud/gel by yourself and killing them as gel, and then releasing and killing the mimic. Which isn't, I don't think, the puzzle you intended.

I found the entrance to level 2 to be pretty easy to solve without stepping on top of doors and the rest of the level sort of a bore.

Whereas superluminal clearly solved (and I guess enjoyed, with the exception of the interface) 3:2W, I can't figure out how to get back through the red door from the bottom half after getting the blue key. The nanite floor is the only place you can shift the slayer off of the NE orb without clicking something that will close the last door before the blue key, but I can't figure out how to get him to the NE orb while still allowing me to get through the two doors blocking the nanites, without closing the red door.

Hint:

Also thanks for testing my hold!

[Last edited by Resert On at 06-30-2017 11:04 AM]
06-30-2017 at 11:02 AM
Gordius
Thanks, this was all stuff I knew, but you saying it helped me realize what I wasn't remembering:

06-30-2017 at 02:03 PM
Gordius
So I'm a bit confused by Level 7. In 5N, it doesn't seem like there's enough ATK there to ever come close to being able to kill the pirates, and then the same is true of something (Wubba, various snakes) in the rooms after that. You can still finish the level. Rather easily, really. Once I got through 3N, I was in pretty good shape to just saunter through however made sense. But it still seems odd to have monsters that are harder than you could ever possibly kill.

Also, in Level 8, is that supposed to have a x9 multiplier? Everything in 1S1W was free by the time I got there, and I had killed lots of monsters just because I could, but I wasn't close to the 360 greckles I needed to cross the lava path there (even cheating and going over each block of four doors at a cost of two doors, rather than four). If the first arrows blocking off the monsters in that room were removed (allowing me to kill all of them for free, but still only pick up one sword and one shield that I don't really need because the multiplier is so high), I'd have managed it. But given how pointless most of the choices in all the preceding rooms were, it seems more likely the multiplier is too high.

[Last edited by Gordius at 07-04-2017 01:32 PM]
07-04-2017 at 01:17 PM
Resert On
Gordius wrote:
So I'm a bit confused by Level 7. In 5N, it doesn't seem like there's enough ATK there to ever come close to being able to kill the pirates, and then the same is true of something (Wubba, various snakes) in the rooms after that. You can still finish the level. Rather easily, really. Once I got through 3N, I was in pretty good shape to just saunter through however made sense. But it still seems odd to have monsters that are harder than you could ever possibly kill.

Also, in Level 8, is that supposed to have a x9 multiplier? Everything in 1S1W was free by the time I got there, and I had killed lots of monsters just because I could, but I wasn't close to the 360 greckles I needed to cross the lava path there (even cheating and going over each block of four doors at a cost of two doors, rather than four). If the first arrows blocking off the monsters in that room were removed (allowing me to kill all of them for free, but still only pick up one sword and one shield that I don't really need because the multiplier is so high), I'd have managed it. But given how pointless most of the choices in all the preceding rooms were, it seems more likely the multiplier is too high.

Haha... :lol. This seems my mistake for not checking again. Thanks for found my mistake.

Also, I need tester(s) to test "Just Forward" level, and after you kill the slayer, please give me the stats! If this level is unbeatable, tell me.

07-05-2017 at 04:57 PM
Nuntar
"Just Forward" is impossible to beat. All choices in the first twelve rooms are between different amounts of HP, so naturally I made the choices that gave the most HP. After that, I took all the choices that maximised ATK (it is possible to get all ATK from 1W, by doorwalking). I reached the Slayer with these stats:

HP 7328
ATK 376
DEF 248

Expected damage: 21528 (+212 for the Slayer having first hit).

07-07-2017 at 01:33 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Puzzles for Beethro (Puzzles from my unfinished holds)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com