Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Secrets of the end sequence (from KDD)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 488
IP: Logged
icon Secrets of the end sequence (+2)  
I did a run of Architects Edition that involved as much level skipping as possible. I thought some people might appreciate the different things it does depending on how you play the hold. Playing the entire hold gets you basically the end sequence from the 2.0 version so here are the parts I know that are different.

For these transcripts, Beethro's dialogue is in black, and Halph's in blue.

First, if it wants a demo for a room you didn't clear, it cuts back to the screen with Beethro in the chair and you get this:

Click here to view the secret text

Then it goes into a message from Eric that I didn't bother to transcribe, and skips straight to the credits.

If you skip levels with the secret on level four, this happens at the point after Beethro says there were shortcuts, where he would otherwise ask Halph how he knows about it.

If you skip level thirteen:

I don't have the dialogue for not finding the secrets. I also know there's a big thing with the sixteenth level, but I think I would need to completely play through the hold at least three times to get all the dialogue. Hey Eric, can you provide some transcripts?

[Last edited by averagemoe at 06-10-2017 12:30 AM]
06-10-2017 at 12:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Resert On
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
icon Re: Secrets of the end sequence (0)  
averagemoe wrote:
For these transcripts, Beethro's dialogue is in black, and Halph's in blue.
I think the blue color is Beethro's Nephews dialog.

averagemoe wrote:
If you skip levels with the secret on level four, this happens at the point after Beethro says there were shortcuts, where he would otherwise ask Halph how he knows about it.

But there has difference story if you clear all levels in KDD with secret passage.

Also, if you didn't clear this room:

You can't see the full story.

06-10-2017 at 07:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
I found the message for if it doesn't find a victory demo.

It also turns out that I could get all the sixteenth level dialogue just by replaying that one room. Mostly it just changes around a single word depending on the entrance you used and the order you visited the chambers, but there is some special dialogue for each entrance.

Beethro also gets the first chamber he cleared wrong at first, then corrects himself. From what I understand, his first thought is always the northeast chamber, unless that's actually correct, in which case it's southeast.

Sadly, getting the "secret not found" dialogue will require playing through the entire hold a second time, and that's quite inconvenient in this version.

06-13-2017 at 08:01 PM
Resert On

File: Untitled.png (118.9 KB)
Downloaded 544 times.
License: Public Domain
If I remember correctly, when my brother completed DROD: AE without secret stairs, there has a room with a scroll in right scrolling from bottom to top. The room was like this. (see attached file):

[Last edited by skell at 06-14-2017 07:39 AM : Inlined the image]
06-13-2017 at 11:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
icon Re: Secrets of the end sequence (+1)  
Well, I did it. I played through Architect's Edition without entering either secret room. Just to find out what Beethro tells his nephews. Where's my life when I actually want it?

[Last edited by averagemoe at 07-29-2017 06:14 AM]
07-29-2017 at 06:04 AM
knwpsk
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
I can't figure out Two North Tonce East in The End sequence.
Is it possible to clear this room?

I can't get the southwest snake to come out of his room; and if I let a bunch of tar babies in there to suffocate him, then I can't get them to come out of the room.
(Yes I'm leaving a brain alive, but they still won't come out because in order to open their door, my door is closed by the same orb.)

It looks like if I went on to One North Tonce East, I would be able to re-enter from the south-west door, inside the room with the orb, and solve this problem. But once I'm in One North Tonce East, there's no way to go north again.

I know I can skip this room and go on to the end (the end of The End). But this is the very last room in KDD that I haven't solved. (Dammit.)

[Last edited by knwpsk at 08-13-2017 06:55 PM]
08-13-2017 at 06:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Resert On
knwpsk wrote:

I can't get the southwest snake to come out of his room; and if I let a bunch of tar babies in there to suffocate him, then I can't get them to come out of the room.
(Yes I'm leaving a brain alive, but they still won't come out because in order to open their door, my door is closed by the same orb.)

It looks like if I went on to One North Tonce East, I would be able to re-enter from the south-west door, inside the room with the orb, and solve this problem. But once I'm in One North Tonce East, there's no way to go north again.

I know I can skip this room and go on to the end (the end of The End). But this is the very last room in KDD that I haven't solved. (Dammit.)

Can you let know where level you stuck?

08-13-2017 at 11:45 PM
averagemoe
Hey, you two. Take it to the hints and solutions board.

08-14-2017 at 04:54 PM
knwpsk

That's where I also got stuck when I didn't understand serpent movement well enough.
Reading the Detailed Behaviour Analysis section on this page might help you.
So you're saying:
?

08-14-2017 at 04:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
knwpsk
averagemoe wrote:
Hey, you two. Take it to the hints and solutions board.

I appreciate that Averagemoe, but the hints board doesn't have a room for The End. That's why I posted it here. If I'm wrong, will you please say more specifically where/how to post it?

08-14-2017 at 04:57 PM
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
You can post a thread for any room.

You can either click the link on the upper-right of the Hints and Solutions forum to get taken to the search interface, or press Enter in-game and click the "Online Room Help" button to automatically search for the room you're in. From there you can post a thread if there isn't one already.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 08-14-2017 05:19 PM]
08-14-2017 at 05:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
knwpsk
Dragon Fogel wrote:
You can post a thread for any room.

You can either click the link on the upper-right of the Hints and Solutions forum to get taken to the search interface, or press Enter in-game and click the "Online Room Help" button to automatically search for the room you're in. From there you can post a thread if there isn't one already.

Dragon, that's what I'm saying. The End (level) doesn't exist in the room help search, so I can't start a thread for any room there. And there's no way (afaik) to start a thread on the Hints board without going through the Room Search first. So how would I start a thread for this room?

08-14-2017 at 05:32 PM
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
(It's Fogel, not Dragon.)

I guess you can only see The End if you've visited that level and are on CaravelNet. Regardless, it turns out there is a thread about this room:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=7230
08-14-2017 at 08:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
knwpsk
Dragon Fogel wrote:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=7230

All this time and there was something I had never learned about snakes. Thanks, amigo.

08-15-2017 at 01:44 AM
Resert On
knwpsk wrote:
I still wondering where is the level he asked.

08-15-2017 at 07:41 AM
knwpsk
Resert On wrote:

I still wondering where is the level he asked.

08-15-2017 at 12:18 PM
averagemoe
It recently occurred to me some things I neglected to mention.

If you skip level 14, all the dialogue that would normally take place there is instead done on the screen for level 12 (it stays there while Beethro says he skipped past the labyrinth).

If you skip level 15, Beethro doesn't mention anything about it and goes straight from 14 (or 12) to 16 with no fanfare.

03-09-2018 at 06:04 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Secrets of the end sequence (from KDD)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com