Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : The End : 2 North, 10 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Unkillable Cat
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : The End : 2 North, 10 East (0)  
Stupid question of the day here:

Is there any need to complete this room? Am I missing out on something by just skipping it and moving on?

I'm asking because it's the only room I have left in the entire hold, and I can't get the serpent in the bottom left room to come out.
07-31-2005 at 08:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : The End : 2 North, 10 East (+1)  
None of the rooms in The End are required, they are just there to tell the ending story. There are still high scores for them though, so if you're interested in getting points for the room, you should solve it. Otherwise you can just run through.

(By the way, I did check the room out, and it is possible to lure the snake out...it's a pain, but it's definitely possible.)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-31-2005 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Unkillable Cat
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : The End : 2 North, 10 East (0)  
Thanks for the reply. I'll just ignore the serpent and let it die of loneliness, as it's the sole remaining critter in the entire hold.

[Last edited by Unkillable Cat at 08-01-2005 11:51 AM]
08-01-2005 at 11:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Oneiromancer wrote:
(By the way, I did check the room out, and it is possible to lure the snake out...it's a pain, but it's definitely possible.)
Game on,
I was wondering why they changed the room. It's a little harder and slower because of that snake.

08-01-2005 at 03:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
well, i know i have some secrets which i didn't mastered in KDD 2.0.

but i think it is like the dreamplane in JtRH, i can enter the end only after conquering all secrets. is this correct?

zaubberer

08-12-2005 at 09:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
That is correct. You must find and conquer all the secrets in KDD2 in order to go to The End level.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-12-2005 at 09:58 PM
Timo006
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 518
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : The End : 2 North, 10 East (-2)  
The secret of coquering the room is to
Click here to view the secret text

08-08-2006 at 10:37 AM
noma
Rank Points: 1594
Timo006 wrote:
The secret of coquering the room is to

I'd really like to finish this room. My satisfaction won't be complete unless I conquer the entire hold. But I can't get that snake to leave the room.

I've tried following Timo006's advice above. Tried it with both brains, one brain and "no brains", but no luck. I can only get the snake within one space of the door and as soon as I head off to strike the orb, the snake moves off and won't go near it again.

I know it's possible as I can see others have completely conquered all the rooms in the hold. I've even tried leaving the other snake alive but I can't even make it close to the room with the orb when I do that. Is that the right track after all?

Appreciate any help.

01-23-2007 at 12:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : The End : 2 North, 10 East (+2)  
The orb in the room toggles both doors, right?

Getting the snake to leave is not too hard if you know how snakes work.

Tell me if that's too confusing. (or if I'm forgetting what the orbs do)

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 01-23-2007 12:42 AM]
01-23-2007 at 12:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : The End : 2 North, 10 East (+2)  
Thanks Rabscuttle. That worked a treat. Can't believe I got this far and over halfway through JtRH without working that out about snakes.

Always happy to acquire new knowledge. I started KDD because I got stuck in JtRH in that horrible horrible room on level 12 and realized I didn't have the smiting skills to conquer it. (And yes, I have since been back and trounced those tar babies and their mama.)

I really do recommend newbies like myself start in KDD. Learned alot and really enjoyed myself. And, woo hoo! Finished it all! Thanks again.
01-23-2007 at 01:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : The End : 2 North, 10 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com