Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Ask Things About JtRH
<<12131415
Page 16 of 17
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
IP: Logged
icon Re: Ask Things About JtRH (0)  
There are a couple things I'm still not sure about. I think they may have been mentioned, but I couldn't find them. Does the CD version come with anything extra besides just the game? Also, if I order the CD version, approximately how long will it be before it's shipped to me?

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
04-01-2005 at 03:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
This will be in the release notice, but:

There will be some delays in shipping the CDs in the first couple of weeks of launch. We're sorry, but there's little we can do about it.

I'll avoid the first question because people will ask me 'what is it?' and I can't actually answer that question yet.

Oh yeah, btw, Malarame: Love your new signature.

Matt

[Edited by Mattcrampy at Local Time:04-01-2005 at 04:21 PM]

04-01-2005 at 04:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
How are contest winners going to get their copy of the full JtRH? I don't expect it right away, but within the next week or so would be great.

04-01-2005 at 06:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Where do we ask for help on JTRH? I got stuck somehow in level 3 and I can't go anywhere. It is by when the slayer tells his man that beethro will hit the orb.

04-01-2005 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Schik is working on getting JtRH integrated into the Hints and Solutions forum...hopefully it will be up soon. I'm not sure how you're stuck on that room...that's just full of talking. Do you mean the room after that?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-01-2005 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Rank Points: 349
I have an icon which looks like this on my title screen:

What does it mean? Should I seek help?

04-01-2005 at 11:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
It means you don't have a connection with CaravelNet, which is something that Schik's been trying to get working. There have been some technical difficulties, which is probably to be expected when launching something complex like this for the first time.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-01-2005 at 11:54 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
It works for me. (Congratulations, you are playing Journey to Rooted Hold on the first day of it's release!) (Although I don't have a caravelnet account yet so it's not very useful...)

Did you remember to check the "connect to caravelnet" option in settings?
04-02-2005 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: Ask Things About JtRH (+1)  
I figured it out right when I went back to play it. This is crazy. This should have been one of the predictions. I knew it would be today. It is even better than I expected. Good job. Now it is from probably buying it to for sure buying it. There are so many cool new things to do that I don't know what to do first! Very cool new tar btw. And the slayers voice is soo cool. I love it. But he talks too much! :) And he looks like a clown.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:04-02-2005 at 12:41 AM]

04-02-2005 at 12:17 AM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
And he looks like a clown

Yeah, but his icon makes him look like the clown from It. (at least, to me, it does)

04-02-2005 at 02:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
I have no idea why people think that clowns are funny. Look at them. They're clearly insane.

Matt

04-02-2005 at 03:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
For the record, CaravelNet has been working fine since JtRH was released. The only issue with it this morning was that JtRH (the hold) was not uploaded. That took some work to get it to successfully upload, but it's fine now. Now, the remaining issue is room images. I'm working on that now.

masonjason, that icon means that you have a CaravelNet name in your settings screen, but your CaravelNet key is incorrect. To fix it, request a new key from the game or from your profile on the forum, and enter your new key in the Settings screen.

Hmmm... I just looked in the database, and you don't have a key yet. Arrrrgh... I just found a bug in the ordering process - an email was sent to you containing your key, but that key wasn't stored on my side of things. Sorry about that. Requesting a new key should fix your problem - the same goes for everyone who has ordered before this post. New orders will send out a correct working key.

04-02-2005 at 03:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Rank Points: 489
rowrow wrote:
And he looks like a clown.
[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:04-02-2005 at 12:41 AM]

My thoughs exactly. Not only that, but he's been also playing Half-Life too much. Hint - crowbar.

But I must say I'm pleasantly suprised by quality of Slayer's speech. I was sure it was going to be very very cheesy, with cheap "metallic"/echo like effect. And it turned nice.

I mean, look at all these games. That's what you get for "evil" characters, usually.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
04-02-2005 at 03:27 PM
Mattcrampy
The voice acting turned out really well. We've got better voice acting than many professional games out there, which amuses me to no end.

Of course, this is due to Todd and Sten, who did great work and really gave the game its character. Take a bow, guys!

Matt, assuming they did the bow off-screen

04-02-2005 at 03:48 PM
robin
Rank Points: 842
How can you import the original KDD to the new JTRH?

04-02-2005 at 04:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
robin wrote:
How can you import the original KDD to the new JTRH?

You can't, for now. There will probably be a way in the future, but it's a lower priority than getting a lot of things done like making sure the CD versions ship and such.

DROD:JtRH doesn't overwrite DROD:AE so for now you can just load up the old DROD when you want to play KDD.

04-02-2005 at 04:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zaratustra00
Rank Points: 107
I managed to export KDD to JTRH, actually. You must have finished KDD, then you can make a copy of it and export that copy from the 'Where' section in DROD AE. The copy can then be imported on the Choose Location/Import menu of JTRH. Don't forget to set it editable by anyone if you want to edit it.
04-02-2005 at 07:57 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I'm quite sure that L25 doesn't work if you do that. Otherwise, yes. It's doable.
04-02-2005 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
So will there soon be a place where we get to see score rankings? Or does that come with DROD.net 2.0?

04-02-2005 at 08:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
KDD in JtRH: Patience. I said patience! We've done some development work making the Neather work as a character and fixing up silly bugs (and finally fixing level 8!). We shall release it later, and you will find it of interest.

Global High Scores and DROD.net 2.0: It will be on DROD.net 2.0, but it may come earlier. It is Schik's whim.

Matt

04-02-2005 at 08:20 PM
Zaratustra00
Rank Points: 107
Doom wrote:
I'm quite sure that L25 doesn't work if you do that. Otherwise, yes. It's doable.

Actually it does. I was surprised too.
04-02-2005 at 08:31 PM
bradwall
Rank Points: 423
Mattcrampy wrote:
I have no idea why people think that clowns are funny. Look at them. They're clearly insane.

Matt

Remember Steven King's "IT"? That clown was totally not funny.
04-04-2005 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dali
Rank Points: 174
Ok, I have completed Jtrh demo (in one day) and it was pretty easy. Now i'm waiting until my father accept to buy for me the game...We can buy it, can we?
04-06-2005 at 04:42 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Dali wrote:
Ok, I have completed Jtrh demo (in one day) and it was pretty easy. Now i'm waiting until my father accept to buy for me the game...We can buy it, can we?
I don't think Caravel will hold anything against you if you do. :)

I'd say it's well worth buying; just look at all the posts on this board so far by people who have already bought the game. You won't be disappointed, I assure you.

On a completely different topic, how does demo and score uploading work for any holds you've built? I tried to do an experiment with a few rooms Bavato's Dungeon, but I couldn't seem to upload my scores to Caravel.net. Is demo uploading prohibited for the hold author?

04-06-2005 at 04:46 PM
masonjason
I'm slightly disappointed that no demos seem to transfer over with the player file, or at least they don't get uploaded to CaravelNet... when I upload my scores, I don't see any demos I recorded in DROD: AE.

04-06-2005 at 04:58 PM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Mattcrampy wrote:
This will be in the release notice, but:

There will be some delays in shipping the CDs in the first couple of weeks of launch. We're sorry, but there's little we can do about it.

I'll avoid the first question because people will ask me 'what is it?' and I can't actually answer that question yet.

Release notice? What release notice..
OK, I know you probably can't say much about delays, but is there any chance we can get an update when things start getting sent (or if I'm lucky, they've been sent already..)

[Edited by TripleM at Local Time:04-08-2005 at 01:33 AM]
04-08-2005 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
TripleM wrote:
OK, I know you probably can't say much about delays, but is there any chance we can get an update when things start getting sent (or if I'm lucky, they've been sent already..)
Yes, I'll announce when the first batch has been shipped. That should happen by 4/15 if not sooner.

-Erik

04-08-2005 at 01:40 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fafnir
Rank Points: 315
Here's a question - as many of us know, when you get all the secrets in the hold, you unlock 'something'. However, when you've finished the game and know how many secrets there are on each level, you have to restore to the levels you're missing secrets in to get them. In many levels, you can't access the rooms that might have secrets from the exit room (level 8 comes to mind). Does this mean we'll end up doing part of the levels again, or is there a way of avoiding that after completing the hold?

04-08-2005 at 11:16 AM
Mattcrampy
Secret rooms can be solved in any save game. You can restore to the secret passage, solve the secret, leave the room, and restore back to the exit and the secret room will still count as solved.

Matt

04-08-2005 at 11:43 AM
Malarame
Rank Points: 220
Erik, would you be able to keep us posted on the number of copies of JtRH you've sold/given away?

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
04-08-2005 at 02:46 PM
<<12131415
Page 16 of 17
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Ask Things About JtRH
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No