Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 1.2.5/1.2.6/1.2.7 (New features and bug fixes)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5054
IP: Logged

File: DRODRPGPatch1_2_5_build230.exe (1.9 MB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
icon 1.2.5/1.2.6/1.2.7 (0)  
Full 1.2.6 change list:

Tendry's Tale hold:
! Opened Pirate Lair convenience shortcut (to avoid having to traverse multiple levels to get to the other side of a yellow door you don't have to open).
+ Goblin Tribe: Repeat inventory notification every time player steps on the Short Sword tile, so players don't miss it when they need it.
+ Rule 2: Added scroll explaining briar logic.
* Rule 1+2 music Tracking fix.

+ Added Ctrl-<Wait> option to quick path to nearest stair exit.
+ Now you can press the Battle key while viewing another room on the map.
+ Now rooms explored in previous game sessions will automatically be added to the map.
+ Migrated effects from the DROD 5.x engine:
	- Real-time light and shadow rendering.
	- Improved rendering logic for weather effects.
	- Player death animations for falling into pit and drowning.
	- New sound effects for destroying briar and thunder.
	- Migrated "Secret room" sound. (When manually patching, you'll need to delete your drod.ini to enable the new sound effect.)
* Fixed hold copy having scrambled or lost exit/warp destinations.
* Fixed: fight projections could crash or cause undefined behavior with custom armor with "Each Defend" scripting
* Fixed: token toggle off wasn't working properly.
* Fixed: active weapon disarm tokens were not being applied on room load.
* Fixed: A player weapon with the 'No Enemy Defense' and 'Metal' behaviors should not retain the piercing ability when disabled (e.g., on oremites).
* Script fix: don't abort Build commands when encountering a platform tile that cannot be altered.
* Global script fixes: script execution flow was incorrect for Each Use and Question commands.
* On exiting a level via stairs: now nice to the CPU; now the game won't wait for user input to advance to the next screen once the animation has completed.
* Cosmetic fixes:
    - Sprite layering during death animation.
    - Multi-line text box: text display selection by pressing Ctrl-A.
! Now pressing Esc during a Yes/No question will undo the last move.
! On autosave, play the shorter "harps" sound instead of the longer one.

-----------------

Previous post text:

Here is a RC patch for DROD RPG 1.2.5 that fixes the following issues:

* Fixed monster info tooltip disappearing too quickly.
* Script var "Total moves": fixed inconsistency during move undo/restore game
* Script var "Total time": removed use in scripting (wasn't properly supported)
* Script event: Now portable orb activation does not trigger the "Player activates orb" event

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 08-18-2020 02:25 PM]
02-20-2016 at 03:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer

File: DRODRPGPatch1_2_6_build241.exe (1.9 MB)
Downloaded 26 times.
icon 1.2.6.241 patch (0)  
Here's a 1.2.6 patch that adds the following new cosmetic features to DROD RPG:

* Ported the real-time light and shadow rendering from the DROD 5.x engine. Some minor light rendering optimizations.
* Ported right-clicking in dark rooms to freely drag around a light source.

[Last edited by mrimer at 02-29-2016 07:47 AM]
02-28-2016 at 06:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer

File: DRODRPGPatch1_2_6_build249.exe (1.9 MB)
Downloaded 25 times.
icon Re: 1.2.6 patch (0)  
A second 1.2.6 patch that includes these hold copy and deletion fixes.

02-29-2016 at 07:47 AM
mrimer

File: DRODRPGPatch1_2_6_build253.exe (1.9 MB)
Downloaded 28 times.
A third 1.2.6 patch that includes additional effects migrated from the 5.x engine:
- Improved rendering logic for weather effects (plus a bunch of minor rendering optimizations and code clean-up).
- Player death animations for falling into pit and drowning.
- New sound effects for thunder and destroying briar.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-04-2016 05:16 AM]
03-04-2016 at 05:16 AM
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: 1.2.6 patch (+2)  
Can confirm I'm getting:
* New briar cutting sound from both briar hacker and a custom sword with Briar cutter behaviour. :thumbsup
* New lightning sound. :thumbsup
* Player death animations from falling into a pit and drowning. :thumbsup

Checked a random selection of weather effects, saw no rendering issues, except I did discover that when fog height is cranked to the max, bumping a wall can produce a gray square to briefly appear on top of the wall that you bumped. I just checked and this is also present in Steam 1.2.5.230, and therefore is not introduced by this latest patch.
03-04-2016 at 09:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer

File: DRODRPGPatch1_2_6_build257.exe (1.9 MB)
Downloaded 29 times.
Build 257 with these changes:

+ Migrated "Secret room" sound from DROD 5.x. (You'll need to either delete your drod.ini or remove the "Secret" sound entry from it to enable the new sound effect.)
! On exiting a level via stairs: Now the game won't wait for user input to advance to the next screen when the animation has completed. There's no reason for this because no stats are shown, like in classic DROD.
* On exiting a level via stairs: now nice to the CPU during the exit animation (also making this fix in 5.1)
* Hold copy fix: don't reset "Return to previous location" exits.
* Cleaned up the "sword clash" sound effects (installer only, not patch).

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-05-2016 06:13 AM]
03-05-2016 at 06:11 AM
mrimer

File: DRODRPGPatch1_2_6_build260.exe (1.9 MB)
Downloaded 27 times.
Build 260:

+ Now Ctrl-<Wait> quickpaths to closest stairs.
+ Now you can press the Battle key while viewing another room on the map to view monster stats there.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-05-2016 03:31 PM]
03-05-2016 at 03:31 PM
kieranmillar
icon Re: 1.2.6 patch (+2)  
mrimer wrote:
Build 257 with these changes:

+ Migrated "Secret room" sound from DROD 5.x. (You'll need to either delete your drod.ini or remove the "Secret" sound entry from it to enable the new sound effect.)
! On exiting a level via stairs: Now the game won't wait for user input to advance to the next screen when the animation has completed. There's no reason for this because no stats are shown, like in classic DROD.
* On exiting a level via stairs: now nice to the CPU during the exit animation (also making this fix in 5.1)
* Hold copy fix: don't reset "Return to previous location" exits.
* Cleaned up the "sword clash" sound effects (installer only, not patch).

*Can confirm I'm hearing the new hidden room sound effect after wiping the line from drodrpg.ini :thumbsup
*Am not hearing any sound effect at all when autosaving, but I don't think I used to before this patch either. :?
*Can confirm that traversing stairs automatically progresses to the next level with no user input. :thumbsup

mrimer wrote:
Build 260:

+ Now Ctrl-<Wait> quickpaths to closest stairs.
+ Now you can press the Battle key while viewing another room on the map to view monster stats there.

*Can confirm Ctrl+Wait quickpaths to closest stairs :thumbsup
*Getting some error beeps when trying to view other rooms via the minimap with this message in the error log:
Assertion error in line 1399 of .\RoomWidget.cpp: "this->pCurrentGame->pHold"

The game even bombed out completely at one point, so I'm going to do more testing with this and report back after dinner. When I was able to view the room the battle key showing stats for monsters in that room seemed fine though.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 03-05-2016 05:47 PM]
03-05-2016 at 05:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
icon Re: 1.2.6 patch (+1)  
OK so regarding the assertion errors in the above post, by investigating with a test hold it seems that the game is throwing the error when you remotely view a room that has any visible character in it. Regular monsters are fine, but visible characters cause an error to be thrown. They don't even have to have any scripting in them, just be visible.
03-05-2016 at 08:24 PM
mrimer
kieranmillar wrote:
OK so regarding the assertion errors in the above post, by investigating with a test hold it seems that the game is throwing the error when you remotely view a room that has any visible character in it. Regular monsters are fine, but visible characters cause an error to be thrown. They don't even have to have any scripting in them, just be visible.
Thanks for the sleuthing. I'll work on fixing this asap.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-07-2016 03:35 PM]
03-06-2016 at 12:41 AM
mrimer
kieranmillar wrote:
Fixed in rev 263.

03-07-2016 at 02:19 PM
mrimer

File: DRODRPGPatch1_2_6_build263.exe (1.9 MB)
Downloaded 22 times.
Patch rev 263:

* Fixed crash on viewing map rooms with visible characters in them
+ Now can press F6 on the game screen to go to the Change Settings Screen.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-08-2016 04:13 PM]
03-07-2016 at 03:34 PM
mrimer

File: DRODRPGPatch1_2_6_build272.exe (1.9 MB)
Downloaded 30 times.
Patch rev 272:

! Added script event "Money door locked". Separated from "Money door opened" event (previously called "Money door operated").
* Fixed: token toggle off wasn't working properly.
* Fixed: active weapon disarm tokens were not being applied on room load.
* Fixed: A player weapon with the 'No Enemy Defense' and 'Metal' behaviors should not retains the piercing ability when disabled (e.g., on oremites).
* Script fix: don't abort Build commands when encountering a platform tile that cannot be altered.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-08-2016 04:13 PM]
03-08-2016 at 04:11 PM
kieranmillar
mrimer wrote:
Patch rev 263:

* Fixed crash on viewing map rooms with visible characters in them
+ Now can press F6 on the game screen to go to the Change Settings Screen.
* Can confirm that assertion error when remotely viwing rooms with visible characters is fixed in 1.2.6.272 :thumbsup
* Pressing F6 when playing will take you to the settings screen :thumbsup (but not when testing from the editor, which is probably correct?)

mrimer wrote:
Patch rev 272:
This is showing as 1.2.6.269 in-game but I assume its actually 1.2.6.272. I will report it as 272 when I post the verifications in their respective threads.

03-09-2016 at 09:39 PM
mrimer
kieranmillar wrote:
This is showing as 1.2.6.269 in-game but I assume its actually 1.2.6.272. I will report it as 272 when I post the verifications in their respective threads.
Good catch. You're correct that I don't have the in-game number in sync. I'll make sure it's correct when I release the official patch. Looks like there are a few issues left to investigate. I'll try to include fixes for these in 1.2.6 also.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-09-2016 10:08 PM]
03-09-2016 at 10:07 PM
kieranmillar
icon Re: 1.2.6 (+1)  
mrimer wrote:
Full 1.2.6 change list:

Tendry's Tale hold:
! Opened Pirate Lair convenience shortcut (to avoid having to traverse multiple levels to get to the other side of a yellow door you don't have to open).
+ Goblin Tribe: Repeat inventory notification every time player steps on the Short Sword tile, so players don't miss it when they need it.
+ Rule 2: Added scroll explaining briar logic.
* Rule 1+2 music Tracking fix.

I know its late, but I can confirm each of these fixes in the latest version of the hold, EXCEPT for the new Pirate Lair shortcut. Where is it? I can't find it anywhere!
03-24-2016 at 06:27 PM
kieranmillar
Ooohh I see it now, the pressure plate connections have changed to also open that yellow door! Cool! Anyway not tried it during a proper run but can see the connections have changed when loading an old save so it should be working :thumbsup
03-25-2016 at 12:15 AM
kieranmillar

File: Map crash.drh (1.2 KB)
Downloaded 31 times.
icon Re: 1.2.6 (+3)  
Well the good news is that I've not been able to get the green room display glitches to happen. :thumbsup

The map room view panning feature is also really neat but has two issues, one quite serious:

* Game crash:
Assertion error in line 6417 of .\CurrentGame.cpp: "Src.pEntrance"
. I have attached a hold that reproduces this crash, follow the instructions written on the scroll inside the hold.
* Visual bug: when in map view mode, if you pan back to the room you are currently in, the player is invisible (before this feature it was not possible to "remotely" view the room you are currently in).
04-19-2016 at 09:59 PM
kieranmillar

File: Map View Equipment Drop.drh (905 bytes)
Downloaded 32 times.
icon Re: 1.2.6 (+2)  
I want to say that it was incredibly thorough and skillful testing, but in actuality it's just luck combined with having a big test hold filled to the brim with other scenarios and edge cases I've tested previously that results in me accidentally testing very unusual combinations of stuff sometimes.

For example, in verifying these fixes I accidentally found another odd visual bug, with attached hold. This is a bonkers one.

If you are standing on the Eastern or Western room edge (but not North or South!) and there is some equipment or equipment slot on the tile you are on, then each time you look back at the room you are in you will visually drop and pick up the equipment if you move the viewed room back and forth. However things will correct themselves to what they should be when you come out of room view mode, so there is no gameplay impact.

Oh, and can confirm the crash is fixed and the player is now visible in the room you are in in room view mode :thumbsup.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 04-24-2016 07:44 PM]
04-24-2016 at 07:43 PM
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
I can confirm that on rev 310 provided directly above, the minimap will still crash when you proceed through the following steps:

1: Click a room you have visited.
2: Click a different room you have visited, ideally adjacent to the previous one you have clicked.
3: Click back to the room in step 1.

The game should exit without a visual error message popup box, but with a ding.

05-15-2016 at 01:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer

File: DRODRPGPatch1_2_6_build311.exe (1.9 MB)
Downloaded 36 times.
Patch rev 311:
* Fixed minimap display crashes and beeps.

06-29-2016 at 03:22 PM
mrimer
icon Re: 1.2.6 (+2)  
DROD RPG 1.2.7, with these latest fixes, and updated graphics by DezzTech, is now officially released!

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-15-2016 04:32 PM]
07-15-2016 at 04:32 PM
Resert On
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37

File: warning.png (6.5 KB)
Downloaded 184 times.
icon Re: 1.2.6 (0)  
Hmm... I found something odd here. Look this :
Click here to view the secret text

Are i must keep or discard it?

[Last edited by Resert On at 06-29-2017 12:39 PM]
06-29-2017 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
icon Re: 1.2.6 (0)  
You are getting that message because it's an exe file. It's perfectly safe.
06-29-2017 at 06:56 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 1.2.5/1.2.6/1.2.7 (New features and bug fixes)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com