Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : What's game are you playing?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
adaislam
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 9
IP: Logged
icon What's game are you playing? (0)  
Yeah, there are many games in the market and we have many choices, but I don't know which one should to play. So, what's game are you playing?

09-25-2014 at 04:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2384
icon Re: What's game are you playing? (+2)  
There's a pretty cool game called DROD that's keeping me busy. You should try it.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
09-25-2014 at 05:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: What's game are you playing? (0)  
Just finished Dishonored (stealth,fps) which was ok.
Now playing BattleBlock Theatre- a funny platformer.
09-25-2014 at 03:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Rank Points: 596
larrymurk wrote:
Just finished Dishonored (stealth,fps) which was ok.

Okay? Dishonoured is one of my favourite games I've been playing recently!

-nm

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

09-25-2014 at 04:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
adaislam
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 9
disoriented wrote:
There's a pretty cool game called DROD that's keeping me busy. You should try it.

Wow...really? I'll try it, thank you so much.

09-26-2014 at 03:24 AM
Timo006
Rank Points: 518
I'm currently busy with Resident Evil 6, which is fantastic and hilarious... but only if you play it together with a co-op partner.

09-26-2014 at 12:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
Started Braid. So many of the puzzle pieces seem to be in impossible places. I have no idea where to go after exiting world 6.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
09-27-2014 at 09:31 AM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Ni No Kuni
Super Mario 3D Land
Earthbound
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

They are all so good, I can't play just one :)

09-27-2014 at 01:20 PM
Kallor
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 277
Faster Than Light!

09-27-2014 at 03:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
Starcraft 2
09-28-2014 at 05:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: What's game are you playing? (+1)  
Kingdom of Loathing

It's a very cool browser RPG which takes as little as 20 minutes each day to play (or more, depending on how much you want to engage into the game).

There is a very high stress on the quality of the content even though the art is very simple, it is always clean and readable.

The game also stresses fun, satire, irony - you'll find thousands of references, tributes and laughs-off of various games, movies, TV series, books, tropes and real life events.

There is also really novel ascension system, in which if you defeat the final boss, you can ascend with a new character (with new class etc), in a special challenge path, while retaining all your items and with an ability to make skills permanent, so in subsequent ascensions you get access to bigger and bigger range of skills. You can also level up and tackle high-level challenges. The game is well balanced so there is not much grinding required (unless you are not in the favor of random number gods). The first run through to the final boss can take you as little as 2-4 weeks.

There is a completely optional PvP system, Malls where you can sell items to other players, active chat with helpful people, Clan system, very up-to-date wiki, lots of items, a big number of enemies, quite a few quests, abundance of locations, range of shops, outfits, crafting, drinking booze, fresh content and lots of other things.

The game is fun and has both Skell's Stamp of Approval and Schik's Stamp of Approval. So don't get discouraged by the art, give it a chance, play for a few days and I'll guarantee you'll love it!*

* No guarantee included

09-28-2014 at 11:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kallor
Okay but my nick was taken :(

09-28-2014 at 12:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mtuan
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
Agricola and Stone Age. Both are turn-based puzzle games like DROD.
09-30-2014 at 04:26 AM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
I haven't played Stone Age, but how can you possibly call Agricola a puzzle game 'like DROD'? It's a good game, but it's not anything like DROD. :huh
09-30-2014 at 01:18 PM
DezzTech
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 327
Someone Else wrote:
I haven't played Stone Age, but how can you possibly call Agricola a puzzle game 'like DROD'? It's a good game, but it's not anything like DROD. :huh
I haven't played either, but I think he means that the thing they have in common with DROD is that they're puzzle games, and they're turn-based, and that's it. That's how it sounds to me at least.

09-30-2014 at 03:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kallor
Well I wouldn't call either one a puzzle game but they are good and DROD is good. I love Agricola, there is actually a pretty serious Agricula cult (playing practically daily) where I'm from so I haven't won much for the past few years but still :)

09-30-2014 at 06:34 PM
mtuan
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
Kallor wrote:
Well I wouldn't call either one a puzzle game but they are good and DROD is good. I love Agricola, there is actually a pretty serious Agricula cult (playing practically daily) where I'm from so I haven't won much for the past few years but still :)

You're right, they are strategy games. I think Agricola is very good game, and with Playdek excellent multiplayer system, I play Agricola everyday on my iPad.

10-01-2014 at 01:59 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Yeah, I played a fair amount of Agricola around here at home and at work a while back. I like "Le Havre" too.

I've thought long and hard about prototyping an actual DROD-based board game. I was thinking of calling it "Archivists vs. Patrons". As a 2-4 player game, each player would belong to one of these factions (teaming up with more players). They would work to build and manipulate a dungeon room, and then each send a delver through the room to try to clear it, or reach a certain goal. This would demonstrate their faction is the one with better hold design, so they would receive the bureaucratic recognition of being in charge of collaborating with the DAA.

I was toying around with making it a bit RPG-esque, where the player could hold a hand of cards, to outfit either their own or other players' delvers with potions, armor, weapons, and accessories. Also be able to hold monster cards to position monsters in strategic room positions.

Didn't quite figure out how player or monster movement would be handled. Maybe Roborally style.

I wasn't able to come up with something that completely gelled, but maybe I'll play around with the idea some more someday.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-13-2014 09:23 PM]
11-13-2014 at 09:21 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : What's game are you playing?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com