Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TSS Endgame Questions
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
IP: Logged
icon TSS Endgame Questions (0)  
I've gone ahead and seen the 'bad' ending. I know what I need to find to get a better ending, but I'm having trouble finding them all. Here's what I know:

Click here to view the secret text
09-17-2014 at 11:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
icon Re: TSS Endgame Questions (+2)  
What you need is in one of the areas you listed.

09-17-2014 at 11:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
KevG
icon Re: TSS Endgame Questions (0)  
Thanks. I thought I had already done that, but going back did the trick.

09-17-2014 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263

File: TSS-credits-restore-advice.png (292.8 KB)
Downloaded 593 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: TSS Endgame Questions (+1)  
I'd like some general guidance about moving from the Bad Ending to the Good Ending: I just got my fingers burnt by inappropriate use of the restore function and want to know the intended way forward.

karlpopper wrote:
Forgotten Shrine problems

In general, I try not to use restore as I'm playing: that's reserved for the secret hunt after the dungeon is conquered, and that's the way I played till I got to The Bad Ending (tm).

After the Epilogue I receive the sad news that the Surfacers are in a bad way after the turning, and then the credits roll.

So, explicitly, what I should do now is use the restore function and restore to the first room of the Lonely Campsite, then proceed from there without using the restore function, searching for the extra things I need and being guided by the question marks. (I can however use the restore screens now in browse mode, to get an idea about whether I've failed to fully explore an area)

I should reserve actual use of restore for much, much later when working towards mastery.

[Last edited by karlpopper at 10-05-2014 07:04 PM : Secret Image]
10-05-2014 at 06:56 PM
KevG
karlpopper wrote:
So, explicitly, what I should do now is use the restore function and restore to the first room of the Lonely Campsite, then proceed from there without using the restore function, searching for the extra things I need and being guided by the question marks. (I can however use the restore screens now in browse mode, to get an idea about whether I've failed to fully explore an area)

I should reserve actual use of restore for much, much later when working towards mastery.

Yes, after seeing the first ending, just restore back to the campsite and work towards a better ending. When you do go for a better ending, there's a shortcut you can take so you won't have to redo any rooms you solved after the campsite.

It's probably best to be careful with restore. Don't restore into any levels you can access from the map unless you want to get a high score. You'll need to restore back to any rooms you missed in the past for mastery. You can do that at any time as long as you restore back to your current game when you're done
10-05-2014 at 08:08 PM
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
KevG wrote:
there's a shortcut you can take so you won't have to redo any rooms you solved after the campsite.

Thanks, that's the reassurance I was after.

Game On.

10-05-2014 at 11:20 PM
robin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 842
What I did, when I wanted to check stuff in the restore screen.
I first always went to the campsite and hit the checkpoint (before I went to the restorescreen),
so I could restore back to that point and knew that was my farthest save

10-06-2014 at 06:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TSS Endgame Questions
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com